h4 expiring of my kid wife and mine still active please help

eb3_in

i m on h1 which is expiring on dec 2007 and my wife is also on same as me.. but my kid is turning 21 his h4 is expering on 2006.. please suggest me what i can do ... please....thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
eb3 in

What I understand is that as soon as your kid turns 21 He(she) loses "dependant" status and needs a process of it's own. But I also have heard that if he (she) is still enrolled in college, university and depends on you financially, things might be different.
You might be asked for something called "affidavit of support". I'm not 100% sure of this , I think you might be better off consulting a lawyer. Are you on GC process? Can you post your case details?
Good Luck.

ty for your help
my pd is march 2003 , i m wating for my 1-485 current date. my wife me & my son is in this green card process,
is there any way i can extedent my son's H4, as he is not able to work and he is depended on me.
if he cannot apply for h4 again because he is turning 21, if he get f1 will be still in my green card process.
he has been and still attending college and he graduated my high school in usa. from 9th to 12 th grade right now he is attdenting college on h4.

please suggest me,
thank you

Unfortunately, yours is a case of poor planning. No He cannot get H4 after he turns 21.
His application of F1 will jeopardize his green card. He has to return to home country and await Green card which will take longer since he will turn 21 before your GC approval.
Please spend some money and consult a reputed lawyer. Coming years are going to be difficult but you & yr family need to focus on the long term solution.

jaxen said:
Unfortunately, yours is a case of poor planning. No He cannot get H4 after he turns 21.
His application of F1 will jeopardize his green card. He has to return to home country and await Green card which will take longer since he will turn 21 before your GC approval.
Please spend some money and consult a reputed lawyer. Coming years are going to be difficult but you & yr family need to focus on the long term solution.
ty all for help, i talked with lawyer, and he said to file for I-539 h4 extension, and i even all immigration 1800 number and even they said to apply for h4 extension, if there is chance that h4 won't approve than i can apply for f1 and he will be still in green card process.
since he has been going to college and college for years, he should be able to get h4, inshaa allah.