H4-B VISA Question. Any help highly appreciated

pnarayan

Registered Users (C)
Hi All

I have a question about h4-B VISA.

If a H4-B VISA holder enters the country with the principal H1-B holder with a new employer, but the dependents have athe H4-B of the old employer, will there be any problems in POE.

H1-B is working for company X. H4-B also has VISA stamped referring to petition filed by Company X.
H1-B moves to company Y and gets new H1-B, but Company Y has not applied for H4-B. Assume Company X informs INS to cancel H1-B.
H4-B VISA holder goes out of country during this period, and return back to US with company X's H4-B.

Will the immigration officer in POE question her why she has not got stamping of H4-B of Company Y.

My attorneys are hell bent in not applying for H4-B. I need to make a decision to take the offer from company Y.

Please advice

Poorna

pnarayan said:
Hi All

I have a question about h4-B VISA.

If a H4-B VISA holder enters the country with the principal H1-B holder with a new employer, but the dependents have athe H4-B of the old employer, will there be any problems in POE.
---- NO problem if dependent H4 Visa stamp is valid when they enter US
H1-B is working for company X. H4-B also has VISA stamped referring to petition filed by Company X.
H1-B moves to company Y and gets new H1-B, but Company Y has not applied for H4-B. Assume Company X informs INS to cancel H1-B.
------ Company X can inform to cancell the H1B petition to USCIS but they cany cancell H4 or H1VISA stamp Visa stamp is done by DOS or US consulates
H4-B VISA holder goes out of country during this period, and return back to US with company X's H4-B.

Will the immigration officer in POE question her why she has not got stamping of H4-B of Company Y.
---- best option when H4 holder enter US better she/he should valid passport visa stamp AND show your H1 approval notice from Y and she/he will get I-94 till your H1B approval of Y
My attorneys are hell bent in not applying for H4-B. I need to make a decision to take the offer from company Y.

Please advice

Poorna