Originally posted by eapen123
Hi All,

My wife got H4 till June 2005.She is currently working on
Family based EAD.

My question, if she go to India for holidays
can she re-enter on H4.

Thanks
eapen123

No, she cannot. Since she is working on EAD, she is no longer in H4 status. She will need AP to return.

what about...

I am on H4. Can I use EAD to work, while my husband is maintaining H1? We both applied for AOS.
Thx.

Bic_1702
"I am on H4. Can I use EAD to work, while my husband is maintaining H1? We both applied for AOS."
--- If you have EAD you can work it does not affect your husband H1 status. You should have AP or valid H4 Visa sticker in your passport to comeback to US. If you use EAD and go out US then for return to US you can use AP if you still want to work but if don’t want to work then you can use your H4 visa and again can enter on H4 status and you will get I-94 with H4 status.

eapen123:
"My wife got H4 till June 2005.She is currently working on
Family based EAD.

My question, if she go to India for holidays
can she re-enter on H4."

--- She should leave the job and she CAN enter on H4 if she has Valid H4 visa sticker in her passport and she will get H4 status I-94

This may help

Check this BCIS link:
http://www.immigration.gov/graphics/services/Emergency/index.htm#Advanced

look for section titled advance parole

Me and my wife had to go for an emergency trip last year, when our H1/H4 extension was pending for more than 4 months. Per attorney's advise approached local INS(then) office and got AP. We used AP to return back and found that H1/H4 was approved while we were abroad. After that we applied for EAD and also got that approved, but still haven't used EADs.