H4 and advanced parole; please advise

immportuser

Registered Users (C)
Hi

My wife is on H4. She has approval notice but she doesn't have visa stamp. Last time she entered US, she was on H1.

She left to India two days after her advanced parole was approved. So when she enters US, can she use that advanced parole or does she need to go for H4 visa at US embassy?

When she left US, she handed over her I94. I don't know if this has anything to do with US-VISIT program as I heard they now record exit and entry times.

Please advise.

thanks

She left to India two days after her advanced parole was approved. So when she enters US, can she use that advanced parole or does she need to go for H4 visa at US embassy?
----- IF her Advance Parole was approved before her departure from US then she can use AP or H4, IF AP approval date is after her departure from US better get H4 visa stamp, IT is clear from USCIS that one need the AP to be approved while one is IN US or they can deny entry to US with AP that was approved in absence
When she left US, she handed over her I94. I don't know if this has anything to do with US-VISIT program as I heard they now record exit and entry times.
----- One is supposed to surrender all I-94 before departure then I-94 goes to BCP and they update the exit record and maintain the data.
*** dont take the risk let her get H4 visa stamped

hi ginnu

she did go **after** her advanced parole was approved. BCIS site says it was approved on Jan 24. she left on 26th.

can she can enter US with this valid advanced parole or does she need to go to embassy for h4 visa?

she said there was no "US-VISIT" process at exit, other than handing over I94.

can i call some INS guys about this?

thanks

She did go **after** her advanced parole was approved. BCIS site says it was approved on Jan 24. she left on 26th.
----- it means still you or your lawyer have received AP document from USCIS, once you get check the date on AP document if it shows approved date as jan 24 then she can use AP or get H4 visa stamp
can she can enter US with this valid advanced parole or does she need to go to embassy for h4 visa?

she said there was no "US-VISIT" process at exit, other than handing over I94.
----- At this time US-VISIT" process at exit is only at BWI airport in MD

can I call some INS guys about this?
---- sure