H4 221 g Urgent Help Please!!!!!!!!!

ark60

Hello Gurus/ Advisors

Please Help me out in this Query what to do.

My Query reuest IRS to send all tax return (transcripts) for the years 2000,2001,2002,2003 and 2004 directly to DOS chennai pl washington dc address:

I came to United State through company A on [8th December , 2000] it is friday evening. I was sick for couple of days and then whent to office they took me to SSN office and applied for SSN after 2 weeks gap I got the SSN. I did not work in 2000 I did not get any w2 for 2000 from my employer. In 2001 I worked for 8 months and came to bench(Sept 11) and 2002 is also 9 months only worked so IN 2001 w2 amt is 63% of LCA previlage wage and in 2002 it is 70% of previlege wage. I moved to company B in 2002 15 th december and I was with Company B right now. IN 2003 my w2 is matching my lca amount and in 2004 my w2 is more than lca amount. Even Though I send all my W 2's for H4 stamping why did they put that query. Chennai consulate people took the current LCA not the previous employer LCA even though I sent both. but The previous employer declared my LCA amt as $44000/yr where as current employer declared my LCA amt as $55000/yr.

What are the Consequences I will face!!! Is it better to change some big company my current compnay is very small with 8-10 employees only.

Jaxson and Anna Baker Could you please help me out in this Issue. What to do all advises are appreciated.

Thanks a lot !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dear ark60,

My wife too have received the same type of request and its been more than 5 months since she got it. I have called the IRS office and asked them to send the requested transcripts to the corresponding address on the same date of the query. But there is no response from the consulate office so far. I have been in touch with the consulate office constantly but still there is no update on my wife case. The consulate office is saying that we need to wait till they get back to my wife. I dont know how long will it still takes. I understand your pain as it has been mine too. Please wait for some time and keep contacting them regularly. By the way, have you requested IRS to send those transcripts ? I am not sure about the consequences. Changing the employer wont solve the problem rather it create more issues. Please be patient and hope for the best. If consulate dont get back to you or your wife even after 90 days, please approach an attorney and take the case thru them.

best rgds,

janardhan

221g for H4 Additional admin process

Hello there,
My wife's h4 is also pending consulate in delhi informed my wife about additional process time they need to process her visa. They just gave her a form and not informed about any more documentation to be needed.

Second day they called her and asked to bring 4k dd and give finger prints . I have no idea what exactly they wants to cross check..

Any xperts advice please ..
Thanks

hello all
I have been thru that process 2 years back.

Wife applied for H4 and was rejected (221G -- Principal applicant (me ) was out of status).

Gave them all the docs including tax returns. Consulate did not specify why they think i am out of status..

After a month of try with no sucess to get the reason why they think i was out of status Company and Me signed a G28(attorney representation) and she sent them by Fax and Email to Chennai 15 days latter they came back with an answer that they think i was working part time and that they need tax returns from IRS .

Requested IRS to send the docs to Chennai Consulate address in Whasington DC. A month and half latter since we did not get any info from the consulate Attorney contacted them again and 3 days latter they informed us that every thing is good and they sent a letter to my wife to apply for the VISA

So based on my story i would suggest you to work with your company and ask your company attorney to contact the consulate

Note:- My Tax returns were good and they were always way above the LCA amount

Last edited by a moderator:
In the above case..if ark60 submitt only the last two years 2004 & 2003 which relatively matches the W2's might some chances.Sorry for that.I heared from couple of peoples who was in the same situation did the same thing(They provided only the last 2 years good w2's)got visah4.

good luck

H4 Visa Please Help Gurus, Janardhan/ Zipper/niceone/ark

My Query = reuest IRS to send tax return (transcripts) for the year 2004 directly to DOS chennai pl washington dc address: My accountant says IRS will not send to DOS,but we should get from IRS and send them to DOS. I am confused. Struck in india for over 6 months,please help gurus. I pm'ed you all.what should i do next? any contact info with you guys who has a first hand experience is appreciated. Thank you all.
JANARDHAN/ ZIPPER/NICEONE/ARK and if anyone can help.

Yes you can send it from IRS.

go to IRS.gov and there is a form that you can fill in and fax it over to DOS and they will send the tax forms. They did for my case couple years ago

ark60 said:
Hello Gurus/ Advisors

Please Help me out in this Query what to do.

My Query reuest IRS to send all tax return (transcripts) for the years 2000,2001,2002,2003 and 2004 directly to DOS chennai pl washington dc address:

I came to United State through company A on [8th December , 2000] it is friday evening. I was sick for couple of days and then whent to office they took me to SSN office and applied for SSN after 2 weeks gap I got the SSN. I did not work in 2000 I did not get any w2 for 2000 from my employer. In 2001 I worked for 8 months and came to bench(Sept 11) and 2002 is also 9 months only worked so IN 2001 w2 amt is 63% of LCA previlage wage and in 2002 it is 70% of previlege wage. I moved to company B in 2002 15 th december and I was with Company B right now. IN 2003 my w2 is matching my lca amount and in 2004 my w2 is more than lca amount. Even Though I send all my W 2's for H4 stamping why did they put that query. Chennai consulate people took the current LCA not the previous employer LCA even though I sent both. but The previous employer declared my LCA amt as $44000/yr where as current employer declared my LCA amt as $55000/yr.

What are the Consequences I will face!!! Is it better to change some big company my current compnay is very small with 8-10 employees only.

Jaxson and Anna Baker Could you please help me out in this Issue. What to do all advises are appreciated.

Thanks a lot !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Request for TAX return COPY
Taxpayers have two easy and convenient options for getting copies of their federal tax return information — tax return transcripts and tax account transcripts — by phone or by mail.

A tax return transcript shows most line items from the tax return (Form 1040, 1040A or 1040EZ) as it was originally filed, including any accompanying forms and schedules. It does not reflect any changes you, your representative or the IRS made after the return was filed. In many cases, a return transcript will meet the requirements of lending institutions such as those offering mortgages and student loans.

A tax account transcript shows any later adjustments either you or the IRS made after the tax return was filed. This transcript shows basic data, including marital status, type of return filed, adjusted gross income and taxable income.

Request either transcript by calling 1-800-829-1040, or order by mail using IRS Form 4506-T, Request for Transcript of Tax Return. The IRS does not charge a fee for transcripts, which are available for the current and three prior calendar years. Allow two weeks for delivery.

If you need a photocopy of a previously processed tax return and attachments, complete Form 4506, Request for Copy of Tax Form, and mail it to the IRS address listed on the form for your area. There is a fee of $39 for each tax period requested. Copies are generally available for the current and past 6 years.

Forms 4506-T and 4506 are free and can be downloaded to your computer or you can order them by calling the IRS at 1-800-TAX-FORM (1-800-829-3676).

Thanks friends Zipper,Great guru

Hi,
Filled the 4056-t and submitted. Thanks everyone who put their word. I am not sure how long it takes for the consulate to get back to us.

Gurus pls help waiting and approval ntice is going to expire in a month.

It has been 2 months that I requested local IRS office and faxed them too.I have the acknowledgments for both.I called consulate and they still say they didn't recieve till now. When my wife calls the consulate they said the same and asked her not to call again.The h4 approval notice is going to expried in a month. Gurus please suggest what to do as i have minimal knowledge in this kind of situation.

My Original Query = reuest IRS to send tax return (transcripts) for the year 2004 directly to DOS chennai pl washington dc address.

H4 Chennai Consulate

The H4 Visa for my wife was refused at Chennai Consulate under 221g initally and now under 214b.
I am providing a brief overview of my case below.

The query during the first visit was why the income for the year 2004 is only 19K.(which is not ture.) I wrote a letter to the consulate explaining my earnings for 2004.

In the second visit they questioned again about my low income during 2004 and issued a 214b.

I worked on H1 only for 3 months during 2004 and I made $19000 which is above the LCA salary. Before that I was on OPT (F1 Visa) for 9 months during 2004 and I made about $33000 by working as a 1099 Contract Programmer for a software company . The 33000 income shows up as business income in my 2004 Tax Return. (As per IRS when you are a Independent Contractor, you are supposed to file your non-employee compensation as Business Income)Apparently, the Consulate Officer is looking at the $19000 in the wages section only instead of looking for the overall
income which is in the same page of the Return. (Inspite of the attached 1099 Miscellaneous Form and the attached Schedule C of the Tax Return and the Experience letter from the company where I worked while I was on OPT.)

Thanks in advance,

srb5588.

What does it mean?

So,

IS it enough to provide good W2 forms for couple of years or need to submit all W2s for all the years??

My wife has an appoitnmtent in jan'06 in chennai. I am plannign to give 2005,2004 W2 forms. Will it be okay??

Please share your opinions.

H4 241-b

I am sorry if the above message of mine(sdk) was confusing. I am putting it down in a straight forward way here.

My wife's H4 Visa was refused under 214b and the reason was my income was low for the year 2004.(which is not true). I got my H1 on October 1st 2004 and I was on H1 only for 3 months during 2004 and the income during these 3 months was 19000 which is equivalent to 76000 for the whole year.(which is well above the LCA). My wife tried to explain this by showing supporting documents like the W-2s for the year 2004 and the tax return for 2004 and I also stated the same in a letter to the Consular officer. But we still got the Visa refused saying that my Income was low. I am not sure how I should convince the Consular officer and this is definitely causing a lot of mental pain to both of us. I would appreciate if anybody could suggest me of any possible way to convince the consular officer. I have all the pay checks ever since I was on H1 that is for 11 months which includes 8 paystubs from the year 2005.

Best Regards,
srb5588

Taking appointment under VFS(new system)

My wife's dependent Visa was refused about 2 weeks ago at Chennai Consulate. She had a 221(g) refusal letter the first time she had an interview and she got a 212(A)(4) letter the seond time. Does it mean that her Visa has been refused twice??

The Consulate people gave the letter saying that she can come whenever she has the supporting documents but she has to pay the fee again and take a new appointment. I am unable to take appointment for her in the website as it does not show dates for somebody whose Visa was refused twice in the last 12 months. Any ideas on how to proceed?? Is it possible to take appointment by visiting one of the local officees of VFS??

Query:Request IRS to send to WashingtonDC---for H4 Visa

My wife attented the chennai consulate for her H4 VISA on 12th july 2005,but as she had prob with her index finger they asked to come again after its healed...then she went for 2nd time on aug 18th 2005...the finger prints came out successfully but this time there where 4 queries,in which included "To request IRS tax return transcripts for the year 2002 2003 2004 to be sent to DOS,Chennai Pl,Washington DC". I requested IRS but they say they cannot send directly to DOS,WashingtonDC and they are gonna send to me and i got the transcripts from IRS and i have mailed to DOS, WashingtonDC.This was in Sep2nd week '05.My wife attented the consulate for the 3rd time on sep 28th '05,this time with all the documents they have asked.They have interviewed her thoroughly and asked her to wait.She was called after an hr and was given a form again stating to request IRS tax return transcripts directly to DOS,Washington DC. She said that its been sent already.They asked her to wait for their call.Again after 2 months on Nov 28th '05...she got a call from the chennai consulate with the info to send the transcripts directly to DOS,Washington DC.the IRS shud send directly to DC and not to ur spouse 1st and then he mailing to DC. As per their instructions I have requested IRS for transcripts in dec 1st week '05..Firstly the IRS objected to send to DOS,WashintonDC directly as they said they have stopped sending to the 3rd party and it shud be done by myself.Later as per my strong request they said they gonna do send my transcripts to DOS,Washinton DC.I contacted them after a week to know whether they sent it to DOS or not. The IRS informed me that they had dispatched to DOS.In jan'06 my wife contacted chennai consulate to know whether they got any info from DC....but it was invain.They said that they have no info.We mailed twice till now but always we get the same reply "NO INFO YET PLS WAIT UNTILL WE GET BACK TO YOU".This is wat happenening with my case.Lastly wen i contacted IRS they said to send through Form 4506-T to Local IRS(RAVIS Team, GA) and they are going to sent my transcripts to DC.This info about Form 4506 -T has not been given to me before by IRS. If given i could have done it earlier.After calling them 'n' times they asked to follow this.Its been a month i send thru this form.They said it will be taken 10 to 15 working days for them to send my transcripts to DOS, WashingtonDC.

Im new to this forum and reading some cases i found it will be of gr8 help reg my query.Ur valuable suggestions are most welcome.
Also I am looking for DOS contact number or FAX number...so that i can know the status of my wife's case from them.
I cannot trace any contact number...so pls do the needy.If anyone knew the DOS contact info pls let me know.It wud be gr8 help if given RAVIS Team, GA
Contact number too.

Waiting eagerly for ur replies...
visa_question,great guru,zipper,niceone,janardhan,ark60....pls help us...

Thanks bunches,
San

pls reply

can anyone pls share ur experiences,visa_question pls do the needy...we r eagerly waiting for ur feedbacks ,we need them
thanks