H1b without 4 years of Bachelers degree

krishna223

Hi Guys,

I have done 3 years of Engineering diploma (from MS BTE) and then joined Engg. degree ( after diploma we get direct 2nd year admission to degree) , but I had to dop it after 3rd year of degree for some reasons, I completed the 4th(last) year but could not finish the exams, then I did CDAC's Diploma in Advanced Computing from one of the ACTS center and started doing job.

Today I have a 5 years of experience in C\C++\VC++ and have a great command over programming and designing, esp. systems software.

Recently I got call from some US company, who is ready to file my h1 if I could join them.

Do you guys think that I am eligible for h1, as you see I dont have B.E./B.TECH certificate in hand but have 5 yeras of exp. is there any way to claim that I am eligible for 'Speciality' requirement of h1 ?
please suggest what I can do get h1.

thanks,
kris

krishna223 said:
Hi Guys,

I have done 3 years of Engineering diploma (from MS BTE) and then joined Engg. degree ( after diploma we get direct 2nd year admission to degree) , but I had to dop it after 3rd year of degree for some reasons, I completed the 4th(last) year but could not finish the exams, then I did CDAC's Diploma in Advanced Computing from one of the ACTS center and started doing job.

Today I have a 5 years of experience in C\C++\VC++ and have a great command over programming and designing, esp. systems software.

Recently I got call from some US company, who is ready to file my h1 if I could join them.

Do you guys think that I am eligible for h1, as you see I dont have B.E./B.TECH certificate in hand but have 5 yeras of exp. is there any way to claim that I am eligible for 'Speciality' requirement of h1 ?
please suggest what I can do get h1.

thanks,
kris

I would be a lot of money that this is workable. I seriously doubt that there will be any problems based on educational equivalency.

thanks,

Do you think I will have to supply the engg. degree marksheets (which shows that I have not completed it) in h1b application ? Or can I get it with only diploma + exp. docs ?

Engineering Diploma from Indian polytechnic is not considered here. You should have an university degree to apply a H1B visa.

Even if you do BSc computer Science in correspondence course from Indian University has more value (immigration point of view) then your DEE from a polytechnic. (In India it is otherway around)

krishna223 said:
thanks,

Do you think I will have to supply the engg. degree marksheets (which shows that I have not completed it) in h1b application ? Or can I get it with only diploma + exp. docs ?

You mean diploma is not at all considered ? Are you exactly sure of this ? please reply.

Do open university certificate treated as bachelors equivalent ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Not entirely true. I just registered myself here to answer this question. I have a Diploma in Comp Sci. Engineering from an Indian Polytechnic and I have been here in US for the last 6 years on H1-B. I just extended to 7th year based on my pending labor certification application. In fact, I know 2 of my other friends are also Diploma holders. We all did our 10th Std + 3 Years of Diploma. What I had was plenty of experience (about 9 yrs).

You should have your Education evaluation done, and I believe every (2 or 3, I am not sure) years experience is considered like 1 year degree equivalent. This education evaluation is done by qualified professionals in US who compare your education and experience with that of US equivalent. In all, you should simply have 16 years of schooling. It is doable but it is little difficult I suppose. Lot of companies (and lawyers) don't like to go that extra mile to have that Educational evaluation done.

H1B for a bachelor degree from US

One of my close friend is planning to do Process H!B for a person who is completing Bachelors degree in FInance in USA. He has maximum 1 - 2 years experience.

Can you please advise if it would be successful.

Thanks

General guidelines used for H1B visa is a 4 year degree and in absence of a degree, every 3 years of work experience is considered equivalent to one year of education. Therefore, 12 years experience is sufficient in absence of a degree.

krishna223 said:
thanks,

xxxx

Last edited by a moderator: