H1b visa stamp in New Delhi having Indian Passport with 20 Years Validity

raj26091972

Registered Users (C)
I am planning to go to New Delhi US Embassy for 7th year H1b visa (one year H1b extension ). I have a 20 year valid passport. I was reading the following note on the US Embassy website(http://usembassy.state.gov/posts/in1/wwwhnivniv.html)

"Indian Passports with 20 Years Validity

In 1999 and 2000, the Government of India issued some passports with 20-year validity periods. This information is not widely known in the international community and has caused some Indian travelers with 20-year passports to experience difficulties with immigration personnel. The United States Government recognizes and accepts the Indian 20 year passports as valid travel documents duly issued by the Government of India to Indian citizens. However, in March 2004, the Indian Embassy in Washington, DC advised persons holding Indian passports with 20 year validity to apply for a new 10 year validity passports. Persons holding Indian 20 year passports who wish to change them for 10 year passports should contact the Indian passport office directly regarding the modalities for doing so. Persons with a valid US visa in their old passport may still use that visa by carrying both the old and new passport when they travel. If the do not yet have a visa, their visa is already expired, or their visa will expire in the next year they are advised to make the change in passport before applying for their U.S. visa rather than after. Persons who change their passport after making their visa interview appointment should bri
ng the old passport or a photocopy to the visa interview."

It will be very kind if someone can answer the following questions

1. Does this statement means that US Embassy will no longer issue a new visa on any Indian passport which is valid for 20 year ? is there any one which has got a H1b visa stamped on their passport recently from new Delhi or anywhere else in India with a 20 year passport ?

2. What is the impact of getting a new passport for future one year H1b extensions applications in place of current 20 year one?

3. What is the impact on green card processing if the application is pending with labor department ( first stage of green card) with old passport details and if one has a new 10 year passport in place of 20 year one ...going forward...

4. Any one with 20 year old passport with any experience of getting H1b visa stamped in Canada ?

raj26091972 said:
I am planning to go to New Delhi US Embassy for 7th year H1b visa (one year H1b extension ). I have a 20 year valid passport. I was reading the following note on the US Embassy website(http://usembassy.state.gov/posts/in1/wwwhnivniv.html)

"Indian Passports with 20 Years Validity

In 1999 and 2000, the Government of India issued some passports with 20-year validity periods. This information is not widely known in the international community and has caused some Indian travelers with 20-year passports to experience difficulties with immigration personnel. The United States Government recognizes and accepts the Indian 20 year passports as valid travel documents duly issued by the Government of India to Indian citizens. However, in March 2004, the Indian Embassy in Washington, DC advised persons holding Indian passports with 20 year validity to apply for a new 10 year validity passports. Persons holding Indian 20 year passports who wish to change them for 10 year passports should contact the Indian passport office directly regarding the modalities for doing so. Persons with a valid US visa in their old passport may still use that visa by carrying both the old and new passport when they travel. If the do not yet have a visa, their visa is already expired, or their visa will expire in the next year they are advised to make the change in passport before applying for their U.S. visa rather than after. Persons who change their passport after making their visa interview appointment should bri
ng the old passport or a photocopy to the visa interview."

It will be very kind if someone can answer the following questions

1. Does this statement means that US Embassy will no longer issue a new visa on any Indian passport which is valid for 20 year ?
---yes
is there any one which has got a H1b visa stamped on their passport recently from new Delhi or anywhere else in India with a 20 year passport ?

2. What is the impact of getting a new passport for future one year H1b extensions applications in place of current 20 year one?
----- no problem with 20 yeers or 10 year validity passport
3. What is the impact on green card processing if the application is pending with labor department ( first stage of green card) with old passport details and if one has a new 10 year passport in place of 20 year one ...going forward...
----no problem
4. Any one with 20 year old passport with any experience of getting H1b visa stamped in Canada ?
---I dont know

20 year Indian passport

I have a 20 yr valid Indian passport and I went for visa interview at US embassy in Delhi on multiple occasions between 2001-2007. The last one being in Feb-2007 and never had any problem due to the passport validity. last POE was Detroit.
If any one else had recent experience, please post.
Thanks.... K2P