H1B Transfer URGENT HELP REQUIRED

sp1976

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

currently am on H1B in NJ. Accepted new job offer in norther VA on 2nd july.

Starting date is july 22 04.

Concern: VA labor Dept has still not given approval to wage determination even after 1 week of filing.

Since no approval from VA Labor Dept. cannot file to INS for transfer.

NOw my new employer wants me to start on july 22 04. What can i do. please guide me.

my lawyer says start working even though not filed for H1B transfer. Since this is a transfer will not create problem.

If i start will this create any hurdles in my GC based Labor Cert and I-485 etc.

:confused:

sp1976 said:
Hi,

currently am on H1B in NJ. Accepted new job offer in norther VA on 2nd july.

Starting date is july 22 04.

Concern: VA labor Dept has still not given approval to wage determination even after 1 week of filing.

Since no approval from VA Labor Dept. cannot file to INS for transfer.

NOw my new employer wants me to start on july 22 04. What can i do. please guide me.

my lawyer says start working even though not filed for H1B transfer. Since this is a transfer will not create problem.

If i start will this create any hurdles in my GC based Labor Cert and I-485 etc.

:confused:

No!

You cannot work until the h-1b is filed. It's possible to get an LCA approved online and you can use a wage survey rather than obtaining the wage determination form SESA. There are disadvantages of proceeding that way but it is certainly a way to go.

Thanks Jim Mills,

so you advice NOT to start new job until i file H1B transfer.

Say i file the transfer papers on monday, July 19 with INS can i still start on july 22. or wait till i get the reciept. Now a days takes approx 10 days to get the reciept also.

Will be filing as Premium processing, i heard they also email your lawyer the status like "Approved" or Denied or RFE etc. this can help me.

can i use this sort of email to say my petition is approved and start wrking on july 22.

Once again thanks Jim Mills.

sp1976 said:
Thanks Jim Mills,

so you advice NOT to start new job until i file H1B transfer.
-----YES
Say i file the transfer papers on monday, July 19 with INS can i still start on july 22.
or wait till i get the reciept.
---wait till you get reciept
Now a days takes approx 10 days to get the reciept also.
---10-15 days
Will be filing as Premium processing, i heard they also email your lawyer the status like "Approved" or Denied or RFE etc. this can help me.
--- better file premium
can i use this sort of email to say my petition is approved and start wrking on july 22.
------- reciept of filing needed
Once again thanks Jim Mills.