H1B Transfer Question.--Urgent

itsdiwa

Registered Users (C)
Hi Attorney's

I am on H1b with a Company A. I am planning to transfer my h1b to company B.

I do not want to start working for Company B right away once he files for my H1b Transfer(once i get receipt), as in case, if I get Query on my H1 Transfer and if the Transfer is denied, then I will be out of status if i stop working with Company A right from the moment Company B files for my Transfer.

My question is even though if my h1 Transfer to company B is denied, Can I still work with Company A, IF I have not yet started working with Company B(even though Company B has filed for my H1 Transfer).

Please let me know.

Thanks
itsdiwa

Your H1B with company A is still valid untill they request to revoke H1B. when you transfer your visa to company B does not cancel your relationship with company B.

I am not a lawyer Please contact one for right advice.

Hi Attorney's

I am on H1b with a Company A. I am planning to transfer my h1b to company B.

I do not want to start working for Company B right away once he files for my H1b Transfer(once i get receipt), as in case, if I get Query on my H1 Transfer and if the Transfer is denied, then I will be out of status if i stop working with Company A right from the moment Company B files for my Transfer.

My question is even though if my h1 Transfer to company B is denied, Can I still work with Company A, IF I have not yet started working with Company B(even though Company B has filed for my H1 Transfer).

Please let me know.

Thanks
itsdiwa
you can work with A if you have H1 of A . if employer B file H1 transfer it does not mean H1 of A is Automatically gets cancelled. if employer A writes to USCIS to Cancel your H1 petition then your H1 with A gets cancelled.

Hi Ginnu,

Thanks a lot for Clarifying my question.

Now a days frequently RFE are coming for H1b Transfers. So I just want to be on safer side, by not leaving Employer A untill my H1 Transfer to B is successfull.

I am planning to work for Employer B only after successfull Transfer of my petition to him.

So I can work with employer A even though my H1 transfer to B is denied rite..

Please clarify me

Thanks
itsdiws

Hi Ginnu,

Thanks a lot for Clarifying my question.

Now a days frequently RFE are coming for H1b Transfers. So I just want to be on safer side, by not leaving Employer A untill my H1 Transfer to B is successfull.

I am planning to work for Employer B only after successfull Transfer of my petition to him.
-------that is good plan.

So I can work with employer A even though my H1 transfer to B is denied rite..
---------------------YES (dont inform employer A that B filed H1 transfer for you)
Please clarify me

Thanks
itsdiws
---------------

My h1b transfer too 2 months without RFE and was done by myconsoft. does it depends on teh attorney your company chooses ?