H1B Transfer - H4 Issue

csr_1978

Hi,

I am on H1-B. I recently transfered from company A to company B.My H1 transfer is approved and is good until sept 2010.

I didn't apply for H4 transfer. My wifes H4 visa is with company A and her
visa/I-94 are valid until sept 2008. I am not sure if my previous(company A) H1
was revoked.

Is she out-of-status in this case for not transferring her H4 to the company B?
also she is planing to travel to India for a month. Are there any issues with her
travel?

Thanks in advance

Hi,

I am on H1-B. I recently transfered from company A to company B.My H1 transfer is approved and is good until sept 2010.

I didn't apply for H4 transfer. My wifes H4 visa is with company A and her
visa/I-94 are valid until sept 2008.
--that is OK, you need to file her H4 extension BEFORE her I-94 gets expired. she can file H4 extension 6 months advance of her I-94 expiry date or her H4 extension must reach USCIS Before her I-94 gets expired. Her H4 status is tied to your H1 status and her H4 does not belong to employer A B or C

I am not sure if my previous(company A) H1
was revoked.

Is she out-of-status in this case for not transferring her H4 to the company B?
------------------NO, she is in status if you are on H1 status
also she is planing to travel to India for a month. Are there any issues with her
travel?
----for travel to india no problem, when she enter US and at POE only show her visa stamp that is valid till sept 2008 then she will get I-94 till sept 2008 BUT if she shows her Visa stamp that is valid till sept 2008 AND your H1 transfer notice then she will get I-94 till sept 2010(and you will save H4 extension filing fee)
Thanks in advance
-------------------