H1B to L visa

Aprillife

Registered Users (C)
Hi
My wife is on a H1B visa and here in US and has been working for six months. Can she (request the company) to change the H1B to L visa?

If Yes. How much time does it take to process the same?

thank you

If she can meet L1 criteria, yes, she can change to L1.
But why L1 ? H1 is more flexible than L1.

Well, I am on H4, and getting a sponsorship H1B is far from possible as it is exhausted (and limited to exempt orgnz only). I feel if the company can change it to L1 visa then I would can obtain a L2 based on the change of status.

Do you think this is a good idea?

otherwise are there consultancy who can help me to find a job (I am HR and training professional)

thank you

Aprillife said:
Well, I am on H4, and getting a sponsorship H1B is far from possible as it is exhausted (and limited to exempt orgnz only). I feel if the company can change it to L1 visa then I would can obtain a L2 based on the change of status.

Do you think this is a good idea?
If she is eligible to L1, it should be fine.

Aprillife said:
Hi
My wife is on a H1B visa and here in US and has been working for six months. Can she (request the company) to change the H1B to L visa?

If Yes. How much time does it take to process the same?

thank you

Check out this link. There are some very specific requirements and qualifying criteria associated with L1 visa. Please also be aware that it is not easy to change companies when you are on L1 and there is no grace period to leave the country in case of a layoff etc.

Good luck.