H1b stamping from h4 status

cpuri4

Registered Users (C)
Hi Friends/Gurus,

Currently my wife is on H2 status and I have applied for her H1 this time (2006). We are planning to go back to India around early September'06 where she will be getting her H1b stamped. We will be returning back around mid-September'06.
My question is that will she be able to return back along with me from India to US, considering the facts:
1. Her status would have changed in India (h4 to H1b) in Sept '06
2. Her employment starts with the employer from Oct '06.

Request you to shed some light of your knowledge and experience(if any) of this situation.

Regds

cpuri4 said:
Hi Friends/Gurus,

Currently my wife is on H2 status and I have applied for her H1 this time (2006). We are planning to go back to India around early September'06 where she will be getting her H1b stamped. We will be returning back around mid-September'06.
My question is that will she be able to return back along with me from India to US, considering the facts: Yes, if she gets an appointment on those dates and H1 is stamped in her pp without any problem.
Once your wife enter with H1 I 94 she can able to get her SSN and start working from Oct 1 2006.

1. Her status would have changed in India (h4 to H1b) in Sept '06
2. Her employment starts with the employer from Oct '06.

Request you to shed some light of your knowledge and experience(if any) of this situation.

Regds

similar situation

My wife is in similar situation.

Is there any risk for H1 stamping? Since at that time she will not have much documentation like paystubs etc. Also what if the sponsoring company is very small?

Thanks GreatGuru.
I am so sorry for the Typo. Visa type should be read as H4(for my wife) and not H2.
If I assume that you responded to my query considering the visa type as H4 then I am taking your answer as:
My wife can comeback along with me in Sept mid with her H1b stamped.
But this time when she enters into US her status will be on H1B and "NOT" on H4. Is that correct ? (keeping in mind that her h1b petition has 1st Oct'06 as the start date)

Regds