H1B Stamping Clarification.

Tony Fransis

I have a valid H1B,not yet stamped.This is the first time i got H1B. Is there any problem in cancelling that H1B and getting a new one from another company later? At present i am not in a position to take that offer. is there any chance for the present company to take action against me on this issue? Is it possible to transfer that H1B to another company later?

Last edited by a moderator:
Tony Fransis said:
I have a valid H1B,not yet stamped.This is the first time i got H1B. Is there any problem in cancelling that H1B and getting a new one from another company later? At present i am not in a position to take that offer. is there any chance for the present company to take action against me on this issue? Is it possible to transfer that H1B to another company later?

Are you already in US? Then you have problem not joining your present h1 sponser company

H1B Stamping Issue

At present i am in INDIA.I got one good offer here itself. From there also i can move to US later. At present i want to cancel the present H1B, which is not yet stamped.Is there any problem in it? Wether the US company take action against me?

Are you not planning on telling the first Company that you won't be reporting to duty? Contact them, tell them that you are turning down the offer and they will cancel your H-1B. I am not a lawyer and so I cannot tell you for sure if they can sue you because I am assuming you accepted the offer in writing before they decided to sponsor a H-1 for you.