H1b revalidation in chennai

venkie

Registered Users (C)
Dear members,
I have applied for my revalidation in Chennai Consulate on Dec 02, 2002. I used the drop-box facility, after 3 weeks of waiting they sent me a letter asking me to attend a personal interview and also asked further documents like company brochures, financial statements, photographs, maps (even though I submitted them earlier), latest pay stubs (have also presented them earlier) and latest resume and my personal bank records for the last 6 months. When I went for the interview, they asked me whether I worked my company has got any clients/customers and asked me proof about the client and asked me to come next day (they have written in that letter they gave) with the proof of client/employer relationship. When I went with that next day, they didnt even look into that and asked me with their questions and finally told me that my case will be moved forward swiftly. Also, gave me a letter stating that my case has been forwarded to Fraud Prevention Unit. Now, I need help from you, what would be the next best step for me. Please help me.
Thanks,
venky

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Jaxen,
I didnt understand what do you mean by genuine company. The company where I am working now is a perfectly genuine company with a good financial record and financial stability. I do agree that if the h1 is from a big company, then the chances of getting into these problems are less but I am still wondering what is the suggestion you are trying to say. Please send me your reply clearly.
thanks,
Venky

Fraud prevention unit means two things
1. Your educational or experience qualifications are suspect
2. Your company is been suspected of violating Immigration rules like importing unqualified people into US etc...

Can anyone update me the issue we may face if I try to re-validate my H1-B in Chennai counsulate? Is it safe to revalidate there or its recommended to do it here in US itself?

And normally how long it takes for re-validation?

Thanks,
VJ

Some people are stuck in India as the US
Embassy in Chennai has been delaying
approving visas. This may be because of the
fact that the application has to be cleared by
5 federal agencies (Security Clearance)

In this scenario some companies are advising
that it is better to get the visa re-validated in
the US itself. I called the Department of State
today and was told it takes anywhere from
8 to 10 weeks to get a visa re-validated
from St.Louis.

Hope this helps!

Hi Venkie,

Did they take your finger prints at the consulate? I have a friend whose visa was not re-validated and his finger prints were taken. It seems he was told the consulate will contact him and no information was provided on how long it will take.

Hi pam,
Thanks for your reply. In my case, they didnt take any finger prints. They told me that the consulate will inform us. Still Confused. :-(
Venky

HI

Venkat..

It is very hard to digest yours situation..I hope you will get soon that stamping.
Did you applied any GC process...
If so at what stage are U??
How many years you spent in USA??
Do you think any possible reason(Minor or Major) to sent yours application to AFU..

Thanks.

Hi india1972,
I have been in US for almost 3 years. I came to India for vacation and since my visa is expiring and also I changed my employer, I applied for my revalidation. Applied for GC in my earlier company and was abt to file I140, but unfortunately economic conditions forced me to change employer at that time. This is my third employer, but never been outta employment in the last 3 years. So, donno what they are expecting, but kinda having an hunch that they cud be suspecting my employer (whether hez financially stable, etc.) coz the questions by the officer mostly surrounded on those areas. Anyway, Lemme hope everything turns out to be positive. Thanks for your concern.
Venky