H1B Guidance for Dental residency in AZ

DrSanket

I am dentist graduated from India. Now in US on visitor visa (B1/B2). I am looking forward to apply for Advanced education in general dentistry program (1 year, optional 2nd year) at Lutheran Medical Center, Tuscon Arizona. The concern person has asked me that student visa (F1) doesn't work for this program and I need to get work visa( H1) to get into this program. As a dental resident am supposed to get the stipend of $ 20,000/year for first year and $ 22,500/year. My question is am I eligible for work visa (H1) for this situation? H1B considering the stipend/wage situation. I will really appreciate your help.
Thank you.

To qualify for an h1B visa in dental field, one must have qualified degree in dentistry (DDS/DMD) from US university plus a state license to practice dentistry.

Usually BDS/MDS foreign degrees are not eligible to get an H1B visa.

1st year program:
Minimum qualification to join AEGD Program.

1.Graduation from an approved US, Canadian and/or International dental school.
2.Passed part 1 and part 2 of the National Dental Board Examination.
3.Eligible for a temporary license or limited permit in those states that require these documents for practice within the scope of the AEGD program.
4.Satisfy immigration requirements (if not a US citizen or green card holder). OPT or H1 B