H1B from a barred consulting company

crystal22

Registered Users (C)
A company in USA has approached me with an offer to do my H1B visa processing. I have heard that this company was barred from applying for Visas inthepastyear but now have been allowed to apply for visas. There was some issue about this company an they were debarred to apply for H1s for 1 year. This is the first time they would be applying for visas after being allowed.

Is it safe to go ahead with my Visa application through this company?
Also, is it possible to apply for H1B visas through 2 different companies?

Any help to understand this would be highly apreciated.

Nothing keeps you from filing H1 through 2 employers. But one of employers has to spend money for nothing as you do not have intention to join, there is ethics issue on your side.

Well, the company that offered me the job kept it a secret that they were barred from applying for H1B visas last year and it was not ethical of them to do is as if my visa gets denied due to their credibility, I am going to suffer as my career gets affected forever.
Actually I am only wanting to know if it is safe getting the visa done through a company that has been barred from H1 filing last year.

I don't think getting approval from first company will be a problem. Usually companies are debarred from filing H1B1's if they have been cited more than once for LCA violations. But this should not jeopardize your case. Unless Management has not taken corrective measures to improve there internal processes for avoiding violations going forward.

Nonetheless i agree with other response that you should think ethically and let this company know that you don't want to join and save them money.

I certainly see the point on ethics and my intention was to only know if I can backout from one company and apply through someone else without causing anyone monetary loses. btw, the company told me that it cost $5000 for H1B now and that I have to pay 60% of this amount and they will refund when I reach here and join a project. Does it really cost that much?

$5000 is too much. Here is the breakdown of H-1 fees:

1. Applcation Fee - $200
2. Training Fee - $750 (If No of employees in your company < 25) OR
$1500 (If No of employees > 25)
3. Fraud fee: $500
4. Attorney Fee (If your company uses one) - $800 to $1000 (opproximately)

Even if you take higher limit on all the fees it will not cost more than $3200. Looks like you will be paying the 100% of the fees contrary to what your employer is claiming.

If I were you I will keep off from your unethical employer.

crystal22 said:
I certainly see the point on ethics and my intention was to only know if I can backout from one company and apply through someone else without causing anyone monetary loses. btw, the company told me that it cost $5000 for H1B now and that I have to pay 60% of this amount and they will refund when I reach here and join a project. Does it really cost that much?