H1B Filing Date Start.

So for example, if I got lucky that my application pushed through, this means that I will be in the US on 2008?

Filing H1B will start on 31st March

Guys,

When should be the start of H1B Filing? Can my sponsor company file as early as now?

Thanks.

Yes. As April1,2007 is Sunday, they allow us to file right from March 31st.
And i believe, visa cap is likely to reach within a day or 2.
so, hurry up guys.
Am not joking around, thats true.

how late can the position start date be ?

Hi,
I am on H-1B with a University, which is until May 31, 2008. I have been in touch with a company, who is probably willing to offer me a job. But before I start discussions with that company, I wanted to find out if I can submit a H-1 petition for a position start date say May 1st 2008 (i.e., around the time when my current university position ends)?

I understand that the application needs to be filed on April 1st...but is there a limit on how late the position start date can be ? That is, can I specify the position start date will be May 2008?

Thanks so much,
pd

You can transfer h1b anytime

If you are already on h1B, the april 1st date is not applicable to you. You come under h1b transfer which can be done at any time of the year. April1st is only for new h1b filing.

Hi,
I am on H-1B with a University, which is until May 31, 2008. I have been in touch with a company, who is probably willing to offer me a job. But before I start discussions with that company, I wanted to find out if I can submit a H-1 petition for a position start date say May 1st 2008 (i.e., around the time when my current university position ends)?

I understand that the application needs to be filed on April 1st...but is there a limit on how late the position start date can be ? That is, can I specify the position start date will be May 2008?

Thanks so much,
pd

File the petition on March 30th 2007 ??

The attorney appointed by my company filed my Visa on Friday March 30th. They are a very well known Immigration Law firm. So to Those who applied on March 30th and 31st are they subject to Lottery as well ?.