H1B Expiry Date ,Please Answer

pardha2000

Registered Users (C)
I am on H4 and one comany is filing H1B for me,

I wonder,What would be my expiry date of new H1B ? because I spent arround 90 days out of USA.

Should I claim 3 months now itself or do we need to apply H1B extension for just for 3 months?

I-94 History as follows,
First Entry in USA(on H4): May 2001
Vacation to India : June04-July04 for 51 Days
Vacation to India : May05 -June05 for 40 Days

The new H1 Visa should be valid up to May 2007 + 3 months = Aug 2007

Please clarify, how to show this record , when we are appling first time itself?

pardha2000 said:
I am on H4 and one comany is filing H1B for me,

I wonder,What would be my expiry date of new H1B ? because I spent arround 90 days out of USA.

Should I claim 3 months now itself or do we need to apply H1B extension for just for 3 months?

I-94 History as follows,
First Entry in USA(on H4): May 2001
Vacation to India : June04-July04 for 51 Days
Vacation to India : May05 -June05 for 40 Days

The new H1 Visa should be valid up to May 2007 + 3 months = Aug 2007

Please clarify, how to show this record , when we are appling first time itself?

For first time New H1, you will get validity depends on your company LCA date. (It may be some time 1 year or maximum 3 yrs). Later on, during further extension, you can recapture the days. (Days not stayed in side US)

pardha2000 said:
Thank you very much guru!
What is companies LCA Date ? Please throw some light.

LCA - Labor condition Application which gives prevailing wage for the offered job and the period of job particular state in US.

Suppose a company gets LCA for 4 programmers, with validity say Jan 2005 to Dec 2007. (3 years) but Company uses 3 LCA starting from Jan 2005 for 3 H1, the three people will get H1 for 3 yrs. Next year company uses last LCA to get last H1, the validity of h1 may be 2 years only.

H1 Question ?????

Hi,

X company is applied my h1b and Once I get my H1b I can start working from Oct 1st. But I found a better job in Y and they are ready to do my h1 transfer. Can I do H1b transfer before I join X company. Is there a time limit for H1b transfer. I am in US on J1.

Please advice ????

Thanks !!....HS