H1B consular processing. Possible travel to US on B2 visa while H1B is being processed?

gabebalazs

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,

My girlfriend, who is a citizen of Hungary and has a fresh PhD in pharmaceutics (from Hungary), is trying to relocate to the U.S. We are exploring options, possibly an H1B visa to get her here. We have leads and things are looking good.

My question is, once she files the H1B through consular processing at the US embassy in Budapest, Hungary, can she still visit the US and spend a few weeks here as a tourist while her H1B is being processed? She has a B2 visitor visa and visited for 3 weeks in March.
Would a visit to the USA affect her H1B process and/or outcome? Would the CBP officer give her a hard time when entering?
How long could she safely stay in the USA as a tourist?

thank you

Hi all,

My girlfriend, who is a citizen of Hungary and has a fresh PhD in pharmaceutics (from Hungary), is trying to relocate to the U.S. We are exploring options, possibly an H1B visa to get her here. We have leads and things are looking good.

My question is, once she files the H1B through consular processing at the US embassy in Budapest, Hungary, can she still visit the US and spend a few weeks here as a tourist while her H1B is being processed?
---- It is US employer who has to file H1 with USCIS if H1 gets approved then her start date will be October and employer will send her H1 approval so that she can get H1 Visa stamp and can enter US on H1 and start working on H1 status.
She has a B2 visitor visa and visited for 3 weeks in March.
Would a visit to the USA affect her H1B process and/or outcome?
----No
Would the CBP officer give her a hard time when entering?

How long could she safely stay in the USA as a tourist?
--- till her I-94 expiry date or till the duration of stay written or stamped in her passport when she enter US
thank you
if US Employer file H1 for her still she can enter US with Visitor Visa. If H1 still pending with USCIS still she can enter on Visitor Visa. If her H1 gets approved and she does not go for H1 Visa stamp and has Valid Visitor Visa stamp still she can enter US as Visitor.