H1B consular processing. Do you have to appear at consulate only at time of visa stamping?

gabebalazs

Registered Users (C)
I know my question may sound confusing. Let me explain what I'm asking here.

If a US employer/sponsor files for an H1B and the process is done through consular processing (beneficiary is abroad), is the beneficiary required to appear at the US embassy/consulate for any reason before the visa stamping, or is it only the visa stamping appointment when he/she has to be present?

So basically is there any kind of H1B interview or something for which he/she is required to appear at the consulate weeks or months before the actual visa stamping?

Or, does it simply go like this: the USCIS makes a decision (let's say approves H1B), sends it to consulate abroad, beneficiary gets notified, he/she files for and schedules visa stamping and appears at given date at consulate to get visa stamped in passport?

(I've gone through a couple H1Bs but never dealt with consular processing.)

Any help is appreciated, thank you.

I know my question may sound confusing. Let me explain what I'm asking here.

If a US employer/sponsor files for an H1B and the process is done through consular processing (beneficiary is abroad), is the beneficiary required to appear at the US embassy/consulate for any reason before the visa stamping
---NO,
or is it only the visa stamping appointment when he/she has to be present?
--------He/she has to be present at the time of Visa stamping appointment with H1 approval notice and Employer job offer letter and the Lawyer certified copy of the full H1 petition that was submitted to USCIS for H1 by lawyer or employer.

So basically is there any kind of H1B interview or something for which he/she is required to appear at the consulate weeks or months before the actual visa stamping?
---NO

Or, does it simply go like this: the USCIS makes a decision (let's say approves H1B), sends it to consulate abroad, beneficiary gets notified, he/she files for and schedules visa stamping and appears at given date at consulate to get visa stamped in passport?

(I've gone through a couple H1Bs but never dealt with consular processing.)

Any help is appreciated, thank you.

----------------------