H1B-complications

kaali

Registered Users (C)
Can you get a copy of your documents from immigration office? I want to get a copy of my employer job offer letter. Is it possible? Has anyone done this before?

My situation is that employer not paying what they have promised and thereatening me to fire and get me out of status.

What should I do? since I dont have any copy of the initial documents. Employer and their lawyer did everything but I didnot get a copy.

Thanks
any help would be appreciated.
Kaali

Please give more information regarding your case...what documents are you talking about ....???? PLease be very specific.... :confused:

kaali said:
Can you get a copy of your documents from immigration office? I want to get a copy of my employer job offer letter. Is it possible? Has anyone done this before?

My situation is that employer not paying what they have promised and thereatening me to fire and get me out of status.

What should I do? since I dont have any copy of the initial documents. Employer and their lawyer did everything but I didnot get a copy.

Thanks
any help would be appreciated.
Kaali

I need a copy of my offer letter that says that they were going to pay certain amount a year. is it possible

kaali said:
I need a copy of my offer letter that says that they were going to pay certain amount a year. is it possible

You need copy of LCA, where your minimum prevailing wage is mentioned.

In general, to file H1 petition, offer letter is not needed.

You can find out H1 petition (application form) your wage offered.

Check with your H1 package, which sent to you before going for visa stamping out side US.

h1b transfer help needed !!

Hi Great Guru,

X company is applied my h1b a month ago and Once I get my H1b I can start working from Oct 1st. But I found a better job in Y and they are ready to do my h1 transfer. Can I do H1b transfer before I join X company. Is there a time limit for H1b transfer. I am in US on J1.

Please advice ????

Thanks !!....HS

I have never been outside US since I first came here. I did not keep a copy of my H1b Docs. I am just wondering if I can ask INS for copy of these docs.
Thanks for answering.
KAALI :confused:

hiransarva said:
Hi Great Guru,

X company is applied my h1b a month ago and Once I get my H1b I can start working from Oct 1st. But I found a better job in Y and they are ready to do my h1 transfer. Can I do H1b transfer before I join X company. Is there a time limit for H1b transfer. I am in US on J1.

Please advice ????
First of all, how can you transfer H1, you don't even have a approved H1 with you currently.?

Are you going through a attorney? or doing it yourself?
Thanks !!....HS

kaali said:

You can request INS only copy of H1 approval notice if you lost it, not any other documents.

However you can easily find out your job prevailing minimum wage from your state EDD.

To arrive at approximate figure, what is your job title and which state your sponsering company located?
Based on that I can find out prevailing wage for your job.