H1B and marrage?

The OP has been asking the same question several times, changing the "visa status" from B2, F1 and now H1... What's the point of this? Quit wasting our time and faking the whole "meet the girl of my dreams" BS.

The OP has been asking the same question several times, changing the "visa status" from B2, F1 and now H1... What's the point of this? Quit wasting our time and faking the whole "meet the girl of my dreams" BS.

Hi,

I am just trying to research on all the possible way I can come into the usa under different senarios.

Please understand that I am not trying to waste anyone's time.

If I truely know all the answers, I won't be asking as I know I have already asked quite a lot of questions already.

I do thank those who have answered my questions. They are much appriciated.

Thank you for your time.

My appologies for any inconvenience caused.

Just in case you were not aware.... Nowadays, there is no guarantee to be able to get H1B even though one is technically qualified, as H1 quota is likely filled within a few days and it will go to random selections.

Just in case you were not aware.... Nowadays, there is no guarantee to be able to get H1B even though one is technically qualified, as H1 quota is likely filled within a few days and it will go to random selections.

Yes I understand this.

I actually got a job in the US 2 years ago, but all the H1B were taken up within 2 hours and I missed out.

Hi,

I am just trying to research on all the possible way I can come into the usa under different senarios.

Please understand that I am not trying to waste anyone's time.

If I truely know all the answers, I won't be asking as I know I have already asked quite a lot of questions already.

I do thank those who have answered my questions. They are much appriciated.

Thank you for your time.

My appologies for any inconvenience caused.

Here you are implying you are trying to come to the US obtaining some kind of visa, marry someone and stay. That is a big No No and considered fraud to the US government. I would be very careful on what you are trying to accomplish.

Here you are implying you are trying to come to the US obtaining some kind of visa, marry someone and stay. That is a big No No and considered fraud to the US government. I would be very careful on what you are trying to accomplish.

Yes.

Thank you very much for this type of info.

I understand that if the border security or customs officer know that one is trying to enter the country to marry, they will send one out of the USA on the next flight out.

I am asking about this H1B thingy because I read one of the thread here some time ago about someone saying that his girl friend is on a H1B and something about they cannot marry because of the H1B?

I forgot to appologise to those here if it seems like I am asking a lot of questions.

If I dont ask, I wont know.

Thank you once again.

:(

Yes.

I am asking about this H1B thingy because I read one of the thread here some time ago about someone saying that his girl friend is on a H1B and something about they cannot marry because of the H1B?

:(

This is incorrect, but what I am really questioning is your intention.
If you apply for a work visa and you do it knowing your real intention is to apply for AOS through marriage, you commit fraud and if USCIS finds out you're in big trouble.

This is incorrect, but what I am really questioning is your intention.
If you apply for a work visa and you do it knowing your real intention is to apply for AOS through marriage, you commit fraud and if USCIS finds out you're in big trouble.

Thank you for the answer.

As I said before, I am doing research now so that I know what is legal and what is illegal.

This is so that I will never break any USA laws

I thought that someone had posted that H1B is a dual intent visa.

So if you enter the US on an H1B, intending to marry, then it's OK (eg: not fraud) as long as you are also intending to work for the H1B sponsor.

Can someone confirm?

-ML

I thought that someone had posted that H1B is a dual intent visa.

So if you enter the US on an H1B, intending to marry, then it's OK (eg: not fraud) as long as you are also intending to work for the H1B sponsor.

Can someone confirm?

-ML

As far as I know, applying for H1-B with the intent to marry is not ok. It is ok to get married if you arrive on H1-B and then meet your spouse, as long as your intent when arriving in the US was purely to work for your H1 employer. The same goes for L1 holders. But then again, I may be wrong about the "timing"

Last edited by a moderator:
I have made some further research and it appears that H1, L1, O1 visa holders, since they are dual intent visas, cannot be denied if there is intent to immigrate once in the US.

I apologize for the confusion, I was wrong about the "timing" the dual intent came into effect.

Thank you very much for all the info.

It is much appriciated.

It is sometimes frustrating asking a lot of questions to find out answers.

I also understand you all are also quite frustrated about my asking a lot of questions.

Thank you once again.

My appologies for any inconvenience caused