H1B 7th year extension while BEC pending

mjksjm said:
Hi GC_Dec2002

Thanks for the information. I am also planning to recapture the time I was gone for vacation. I need your help. What are the documents you have submitted for capturing your vacation period? I don't have copy of tickets of one of my trips. Do you thing the copy of the tickets are necessary? Waiting for your answer

i dont think you need tickets as proof. You need to provide exact dates of arrival and departure to your Attorney and while applying, they need to write a justification letter stating your period of stay in US and until when you should get your visa extended. The justification letter needs to be strong and fact.

INS will verify your data based on your passport no, current I94 number etc and will assign the expirary date.

I did not get any screen shot for my emails. BUt when my attorney sent the email to BEC he got within 3 hours. I think format of the email matters.

Nirvan said:
I have sent 2 emails to Dallas BEC requesting for the proof that my case is pending with them.
But there is no reply.
Did any body got the reply from Dallas BEC.
I have sent the mails from my yahoo account.
Thanks.
Nirvan

thyramax said:
i dont think you need tickets as proof. You need to provide exact dates of arrival and departure to your Attorney and while applying, they need to write a justification letter stating your period of stay in US and until when you should get your visa extended. The justification letter needs to be strong and fact.

INS will verify your data based on your passport no, current I94 number etc and will assign the expirary date.

Hi Thyramax,
Thanks for the information. I think you are right. But my case, the attorney asking for some proofs of the journey. I have the arrival and departure stamps on my passport. I think that will be good enough.
Thanks

case closure from DBEC Please Advice

Hi All,

My company attorney received 45D letter and he responded next day to DBEC.

After 4 months i have received a CASE CLOSURE letter saying case has been closed due to an untimely or incomplete response.

My attorney responded back again with the evidence.

Waiting for the response from the past 20 days.

Please advice me if any one is in the same boat.

PD: 09/10/2004

Options while working in 7th year extension

Hi Gurus,
I have a novice question for a scenarios. Thanks in advance for your reply

I am on 8th year extension (Labor filed 06/2003) and waiting on PBEC.
Latest H1B extension is based on the LC filed in 2003 and will be valid thru Jan 07.

If I have to find a new job, what are my options.

1. Can I file for PERM from another company, do I have to get my 140 filed or 140 cleared to file for next H1B extension

2. Or PERM approval will be good enough for filing the nex H1B?

Please let me know, what options are available, given that I have less then one year on the 8th year extension.

What is the fee for Applying 7th year extension and Has anybody done on their own

Hi Gurus,
How much is fee for 7th year extension (for USCIS not for attorney) also has anbody applied for extension by themself without attorney, If yes then could you please give me some direction how to do it or any web link for direction

Regards,

VKM0622 said:
Hi Gurus,
How much is fee for 7th year extension (for USCIS not for attorney) also has anbody applied for extension by themself without attorney, If yes then could you please give me some direction how to do it or any web link for direction

Regards,

I know about the fee. If it third time your company is applying for H1B then itz 185. EX: My company first did the transfer. cost $2100. Second time itz my extension. cost :$1700 or so. Third time it is extension again : $185 now.

Is the screen shot mandatory for the 7th year extn

Hi
I have got the receipt notice for my labor application and it says my priority data is March 02, 2005. I am planning to apply for the 7th year extn on first week of March (Since I complete my 6 year on 7th April). I don't have a screen shot yet. Can I apply for the 7th year extn using the receipt notice (without the screen shot)? Does anybody know?
Thanks

No reply from PBEC..

nylc4yr said:
Hi Purvalaya,
Sorry to hear that you have same issue. It doesn't help even if lawyer or employer contact them, such as in my case. If you have 45 day letter, you can use it to extend/transfer your H1B first then ask new employer to file a perm for you.

In my case, I don't have 45 day letter, and I am thinking about writing letter to Senator if I don't hear anything in the next few weeks

I had sent two e-mails to PBEC, as of now no reply. Even my employer and the company attorny had sent the e-mails, still we haven't yet get the screen shots, it's been almost a month.
Please let me know if there is any progress, in your case.

Thanks
Redhat.

mjksjm said:
Hi
I have got the receipt notice for my labor application and it says my priority data is March 02, 2005. I am planning to apply for the 7th year extn on first week of March (Since I complete my 6 year on 7th April). I don't have a screen shot yet. Can I apply for the 7th year extn using the receipt notice (without the screen shot)? Does anybody know?
Thanks

I don't think it is mandatory. As long as you have proof that you filed labor 365 b4, submit this along with your h1b papers.
lawyer can also write a letter stating that they did not receive any 45 day letter. lawyer should have some proof of labor filing though....

RFE Posted

Guys,
I filed my 7th year extension in Nov 2005. My lawyer and employer tried to get the screen shot from Phily based on my labor filed on May 2002 from New york. But no luck.... Even i tried couple of times... No reply from BEC. I didn't receive the 45 day letter too.... Today i got a RFE in the H1 extension asking for the proof.. The only proof we have is the fedex receipt when we filed the labor in NY DOL. Anyone has the similar experience or any one got approved with out the screenshot or 45 day letter.... Please suggest. :mad:

NYLabor2002 said:
Guys,
I filed my 7th year extension in Nov 2005. My lawyer and employer tried to get the screen shot from Phily based on my labor filed on May 2002 from New york. But no luck.... Even i tried couple of times... No reply from BEC. I didn't receive the 45 day letter too.... Today i got a RFE in the H1 extension asking for the proof.. The only proof we have is the fedex receipt when we filed the labor in NY DOL. Anyone has the similar experience or any one got approved with out the screenshot or 45 day letter.... Please suggest. :mad:

no surprise they will ask for it....how cud u file without that, for an extn..?? I dont thinkso they will approve without the screenshot..

send an email with '7th yr extn case details' to PBEC...with your details

state
company name
date filed
last name
first name

you will get the screenshot the sameday...

good luck

Your case may be in an unopened box.

Ask your lawyer to contact PBEC with all means-fax, phone call, email to info and h1b7yr address. That was what I did. I was in similiar situation before. After a while they found my case and entered it around Jan. 2006. and send me the screenshot and 45 day's letter.

Good luck.

NYLabor2002 said:
Guys,

HI redhat9

PBEC found and entered my case. After I wrote letter to Secretary Chao, DOL also sent me an official proof.

Good luck with your case.

redhat9 said:
I had sent two e-mails to PBEC, as of now no reply. Even my employer and the company attorny had sent the e-mails, still we haven't yet get the screen shots, it's been almost a month.
Please let me know if there is any progress, in your case.

Thanks
Redhat.

Could you please send me the email address or the postal address, so that i can write a letter to the secretary about my case?

nylc4yr said:
PBEC found and entered my case. After I wrote letter to Secretary Chao, DOL also sent me an official proof.

Good luck with your case.

The Honorable Elaine L. Chao
Secretary of U.S. Department of Labor
200 Constitution Ave., NW
Washington, DC 20210
Elaine Chao's email is:
secretaryelainechao@dol.gov
Fax number for Office of the Secretary 202-693-6111

NYLabor2002 said:
Could you please send me the email address or the postal address, so that i can write a letter to the secretary about my case?

Pending LCA - Screen shots..

Hi nylc4yr

nylc4yr said:
The Honorable Elaine L. Chao
Secretary of U.S. Department of Labor
200 Constitution Ave., NW
Washington, DC 20210
Elaine Chao's email is:
secretaryelainechao@dol.gov
Fax number for Office of the Secretary 202-693-6111

Thanks for the info. I had sent an e-mail 4 days ago to U.S Secretary of Labor, but no reply yet.
Did you mail the letter to her?

Yes I mailed the letter and got reply in one month.

redhat9 said:
Hi nylc4yr

Thanks for the info. I had sent an e-mail 4 days ago to U.S Secretary of Labor, but no reply yet.
Did you mail the letter to her?

Which Date Texas Service Center processing now

Filed H1-B 7th year extension on Feb 27th 2006(Not premium). Anyone is having an idea which date Texas Service center processing?

No Screenshot/45 day letter

Hi,
My labor was filed from NY May 2002. I haven't receive the 45 day letter. My company and the lawyer requested for the screenshot from BEC. No reply. In the mean while, i got RFE on my H1B 7th year extension asking for the evidence. My lawyer faxed the copy of RFE to BEC and tried to contact thru phone. They couldn't find out my case in their system. Now the next step is, he is going to contact DOL (Washington). The only proof i have is the Fedex receipt which was used to send the application to NY DOL. Is there a chance my case is stuck in the unopened box or missing for ever? :mad:

Is any one in this situation or faced this situation? Please suggest.