H1B 7th year extension while BEC pending

Do you have a 45 day letter?

Hi Purvalaya,
Sorry to hear that you have same issue. It doesn't help even if lawyer or employer contact them, such as in my case. If you have 45 day letter, you can use it to extend/transfer your H1B first then ask new employer to file a perm for you.

In my case, I don't have 45 day letter, and I am thinking about writing letter to Senator if I don't hear anything in the next few weeks

purvalaya said:
Hi
I am having the same issue, none of the BEC's are replying for proof of 7th year extensions. Can someone give any idea what can be done.

thanks

Want Info on 7th yr H1-B visa Stamping in Canada

Guys
Can someone knowledgable tell me :
1) can I get 7th year H1-B visa stamped from US consulate in Canada
2) Whats the wait time for getting an appointment at US consulate in Canada

Mumbai consulate full for next 4-5 months. By that time it would be time for next visa extension application :eek:

So thinking to get it done without waiting too long :(

Regards

8th yr extension approved yesterday based on 45 day letter. Waiting for the hard copy. Approved in 14 days - by premium processing

Case Closings by the Backlog Center - Should be updated than previous one

Case Closings by the Backlog Center

The Department has instructed that those cases for which a letter was erroneously generated by a Backlog Reduction Center indicating that the case was closed for failure to respond to a 45-day letter must follow certain procedures to reinstate the cases. This procedure only applies to those who received the closure letter in error either because a response was submitted or the 45 day letter was never received. The reinstatement procedure is as follows:

• Respond to the closure letter by asking that the case be reopened.
  • The letter must specify the reason the closure is in error.
  • The letter must also enclose the documentation requested, if the 45 day letter it was received.

Apparently, the number of cases requiring this reinstatement proceedure has been so large as to overwhelm DOL and AILA who had grqaciously agreed to assists its members by forwarding these requests. Correspondence regarding reinstatement should be addressed directly to the Backlog Center.

http://www.visaportal.com/pf.asp?article_id=73&folder_id=22

GC_from_NJ said:
If your GC Case is mistakenly closed by BEC maybe this article will be of help to you.

The Department has instructed that those cases for which a letter was erroneously generated by a Backlog Reduction Center indicating that the case was closed for failure to respond to a 45-day letter must follow certain procedures to reinstate the cases. This procedure only applies to those who received the closure letter in error either because a response was submitted or the 45 day letter was never received. The reinstatement procedure is as follows:

* Respond to the closure letter by asking that the case be reopened.
* The letter must specify the reason the closure is in error.
* The letter must also enclose the documentation requested, if the 45 day letter it was received.

AILA has graciously agreed to forward the all this information to the appropriate officials at the Department of Labor. Send the letter and supporting documentation, if applicable, to Crystal Williams at the AILA national office, at cwilliams@aila.org, for forwarding to DOL.

It seems too many these errors.

Got a screenshot from Philadelphia today. Sent an email today and got a response back in an hour. But I had similar experience of waiting and not getting any reply for last few weeks. The only difference between this email I sent today and earlier emails is the earlier emails I sent from hotmail and yahoo accounts, today I sent the email from my company account. My lawer had requested for the same screenshot but they have not received any response (I know they use aol account, may be that is the reason).

-rrs

purvalaya said:
Hi KnowDOL

I am in a similar situation like your friend. I want to file my extension with a new company and trying to get a screentshot from Dallas BEC. They told me they will respond only to the employer or attorney. Can I still contact philly BEC and get it. I have only a couple of months on my H1B. I have all the case number and filing information and i gave everything in the email, but no response.

Is anyone still getting replies from philly when you call on your own. What exactly is the information you are sending them. Can I try at philly now. Any help is appreciated.

No Reply To Request For Screenshot

rrsmtvw said:
Got a screenshot from Philadelphia today. Sent an email today and got a response back in an hour. But I had similar experience of waiting and not getting any reply for last few weeks. The only difference between this email I sent today and earlier emails is the earlier emails I sent from hotmail and yahoo accounts, today I sent the email from my company account. My lawer had requested for the same screenshot but they have not received any response (I know they use aol account, may be that is the reason).

-rrs

Some how I was unable to get a reply from dallas or philli BEC to screenshot request despite sending all necessary info like case # and name, employer etc. My email was sent from my company account about a week ago.

I would appreciate if some one who was successful in getting a screenshot recently give me a format or template for the request.

psv said:
One of my friend applied for 7th year extesnion he could not get screen shot niether attorney by sending email to H1B7yr@dal or phi addresses.

Any other other alternative? CIS wants screen shot it seems. Premium processing was done.

Any other email/phone number through which we can get screen shot without that they will not clear the RFE and H1B extension.

Urgent help appreciated.

Thanks
Hi PSV

Has your friend got his 7 th year extension without the screen shot? I am also waiting for the screen shot to apply for my 7th year etxn.
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
information

I am in my 6th year of h1 with Labor pending in DBEC already filed 7th year extension .my 6th yr ends in feb 1st week 2006.what can i do if its not approved before that will i have to leave the country ?Any inputs.
Thanks in advance.

7th Year Extension approved without Screenshot

Hello Everyone,

Yesterday my 7th year extension has been approved without screenshot but I submitted 45th letter instead of screen shot. Almost it took 20 weeks to approve. One of my frined also applied with me and he changed to premium process after applied 4 weeks. He got it immediately that time but I did wait until approve. He loosed $1200.00 buks. So who needs to apply for 7th year extension better to apply 6 months before expire your I-94.

Another thing I captured all my vacation period (out of USA) too. Totally I got 18 months extension.

mjksjm said:
Hi PSV

Has your friend got his 7 th year extension without the screen shot? I am also waiting for the screen shot to apply for my 7th year etxn.
Thanks

H1 expires sep30 06

Hello GC_2002,

My visa expires on sep 30th 2006, when do you think i should apply for 7th year extension and i applied labor in march 2005, so i didnt even get any 45 days letter, so do you think i need to request for screenshot now, and apply immediately.

Please help!

thanks in advance

GC_Dec2002 said:
Hello Everyone,

Yesterday my 7th year extension has been approved without screenshot but I submitted 45th letter instead of screen shot. Almost it took 20 weeks to approve. One of my frined also applied with me and he changed to premium process after applied 4 weeks. He got it immediately that time but I did wait until approve. He loosed $1200.00 buks. So who needs to apply for 7th year extension better to apply 6 months before expire your I-94.

Another thing I captured all my vacation period (out of USA) too. Totally I got 18 months extension.

anu.sonti said:
Hello GC_2002,

My visa expires on sep 30th 2006, when do you think i should apply for 7th year extension and i applied labor in march 2005, so i didnt even get any 45 days letter, so do you think i need to request for screenshot now, and apply immediately.

Please help!

thanks in advance

Don't panic !!! You have plenty of time to get your extension. You should probably get your application done 3 months before your visa expires in order to be on the safe side. That would put it around june. You should wait until may to request your screen shot. who knows maybe you will have received the 45DL by then :)

The other important point is that you would also have to wait for your labor to be pending more than 365 days before applying for 7th year extension. So you can't apply before march 2006 ... wait and you shall be rewarded

Actually I checked the nebraska service center website and it takes them 4 months currently to process I-129 for extension of stay ... So I take back my comment and recommend that you apply sometime in may.

Thank yo uMDwatch for your valuable info'

MDwatch said:
Don't panic !!! You have plenty of time to get your extension. You should probably get your application done 3 months before your visa expires in order to be on the safe side. That would put it around june. You should wait until may to request your screen shot. who knows maybe you will have received the 45DL by then :)

The other important point is that you would also have to wait for your labor to be pending more than 365 days before applying for 7th year extension. So you can't apply before march 2006 ... wait and you shall be rewarded

Actually I checked the nebraska service center website and it takes them 4 months currently to process I-129 for extension of stay ... So I take back my comment and recommend that you apply sometime in may.

H1B Extension- Vermont Service Center processing November Cases

Here is my Case details:

Applied H1B seventh year extension: November 10th,2005.

Approved H1B seventh year extension: Feb 6th,2006.(checked online)

So Vermont Service center is processing November cases now.

Did any body got the screen shot recently?

I have sent 2 emails to Dallas BEC requesting for the proof that my case is pending with them.
But there is no reply.
Did any body got the reply from Dallas BEC.
I have sent the mails from my yahoo account.
Thanks.
Nirvan

Will we always get H1B 7th extension while BEC pending?

My H1B will expired on May 2007.
My case is in PBEC and just get 45 day letter.

Anyone has a wife?
Can I get her H4 at the same time?
Or I need to apply mine first then hers later?

Thanks for any advice.

March_2002,

I think you have plenty of time to apply for 7th year extension, you can apply in dec 2006 or jan 2007, and you and your wife should apply at the same time, because one of my friend had problem when she applied for her dependent husband later. And i think you may get your labor cleared by that time, so you can show your I-140 pending case. so be cool and wait for your labor approval.

regards,
Anu

March_2002 said:
My H1B will expired on May 2007.
My case is in PBEC and just get 45 day letter.

Anyone has a wife?
Can I get her H4 at the same time?
Or I need to apply mine first then hers later?

Thanks for any advice.

GC_Dec2002 said:
Hello Everyone,

Hi GC_Dec2002

Thanks for the information. I am also planning to recapture the time I was gone for vacation. I need your help. What are the documents you have submitted for capturing your vacation period? I don't have copy of tickets of one of my trips. Do you thing the copy of the tickets are necessary? Waiting for your answer