H1B 7th year extension while BEC pending

7th Year Extension process time for H1B

Hello,

On September 9th 2005 I applied for 7th year extension in Vermont center. Almost 3 months 2 weeks left but not yet apporved. Anybody has a cluew, normally how much time taking for getting 7th year H1B. All comments are appreciated.

Thanks,

sarathynp,

You are right. It will not be possible for your wife to get H1 if she has also completed 6 years of stay in US on H4. H-clock starts ticking once you land in US... that is the unfotunate part.

sarathynp said:
Gurus,
My wife was in H1 and then changed to H4. I am going to apply for the 7th year extension for me and my wife(h4). After the extension is it possible to change her H4 to H1 so that she can work? I think she can not because she has already spent 6 years on H visa. It is all based on how this extension logic works.
Please suggest.
Thanks.
One of the PBEC Victim.

GC_Dec2002,

H1B renewal processing should officially take 6-8 weeks, but expect about 4-5 months. If you applied in Sep 05, expect the documents by Mid-Jan 06.

7th Year Extension

AmusedAgain said:
GC_Dec2002,

H1B renewal processing should officially take 6-8 weeks, but expect about 4-5 months. If you applied in Sep 05, expect the documents by Mid-Jan 06.

My actual visa is expiring on Feb 1st 2006. I didnot get any appointment dates in Canada and Mexico counsulates. Whate I need to do can I go after visa expiration for stamping. Please suggest me AmusedAgain.

Thanks for ur help.

I applied on september 26th. Same situation as yours. Nothing yet.

GC_Dec2002 said:
Hello,

On September 9th 2005 I applied for 7th year extension in Vermont center. Almost 3 months 2 weeks left but not yet apporved. Anybody has a cluew, normally how much time taking for getting 7th year H1B. All comments are appreciated.

Thanks,

GC_Dec2002 said:
Hello,

Thanks,
You are exact replica of my case details
On 9/1 filed for 7th year extension and still waiting. I have 1/13 flight for India so on 12/15 upgraded my app to premium processing (another 1000USD phatka...). I am already into 4th business day. Expect to have it before my departure date.
PD 12/5/2002
RD 08/25/2003
45 days letter 12/18/2004
replied back on 01/7/2005

san27geet said:
You are exact replica of my case details
On 9/1 filed for 7th year extension and still waiting. I have 1/13 flight for India so on 12/15 upgraded my app to premium processing (another 1000USD phatka...). I am already into 4th business day. Expect to have it before my departure date.
PD 12/5/2002
RD 08/25/2003
45 days letter 12/18/2004
replied back on 01/7/2005

I applied on 9/22/05 at the Vermont Ctr. No approval yet.

Vermont Service Center Sucks

I129--H1B speciality occupation--Extension of stay in the US--Aug 13 2005

It not even moved single day as of December 20 2005.

Sucks big time.

saro28 said:
I applied on september 26th. Same situation as yours. Nothing yet.

Hi saro, could you post an update in the BEC tracker thread. It seems that there is some confusion regarding your application in the tracker maintained by justwatching.

annonymoususa said:
I applied on 9/22/05 at the Vermont Ctr. No approval yet.
Upgraded to premium processing on 12/15 and approval email notice was sent on 12/22. This is so called open RISHWAT. For the past 3.5 months nothing happened and spend 1000USD and the work was done within a week.

Multiple appointments for stamping

Can I take appointment in Mumbai consulate as well as in Canadian consulate for H1-B 7th year visa stamping?

Thanks

7th Year H1B visa stamping

Hello,

Some one can help me out from this sistuation.

I have valid visa until Feb 1st 2006. I applied for 7th year extension on September 9th 2005 until now I didnot get. I am expecting H1B papers by the end of Jan 2006. Right now dates are not available in Mexico, Canada and New Delhi before Feb 1st 2006. So I have to take appointment after Feb 2006 but that time my visa will be expired.

What is the best way for get visa stamp New Delhi or Mexico, Matamoros. Anyway I have a plan to go India in April 2006. Is it better way to go Delhi or better to go to Mexico, Matamoros??? The reason I am choosing Matamoros is recently couple of my friends went there and they got visa stamp without any question. And they don't have valid USA visa too while gone for stamping.

I am preparing for going Delhi, India is it safe??? Please suggest me asap I have to take appoinment.

Thanks,
-RAJ

san27geet said:
Upgraded to premium processing on 12/15 and approval email notice was sent on 12/22. This is so called open RISHWAT. For the past 3.5 months nothing happened and spend 1000USD and the work was done within a week.

Hello San27geet,

I have valid visa until Feb 1st 2006. I applied for 7th year extension on September 9th 2005 until now I didnot get. I am expecting H1B papers by the end of Jan 2006. Right now dates are not available in Mexico, Canada and New Delhi before Feb 1st 2006. So I have to take appointment after Feb 2006 but that time my visa will be expired.

What is the best way for get visa stamp New Delhi or Mexico, Matamoros. Anyway I have a plan to go India in April 2006. Is it better way to go Delhi or better to go to Mexico, Matamoros??? The reason I am choosing Matamoros is recently couple of my friends went there and they got visa stamp without any question. And they don't have valid USA visa too while gone for stamping.

I am preparing for going Delhi, India is it safe??? Please suggest me asap I have to take appoinment.

Thanks,
GC_Dec2002

Hello Guys,
My 6th yr h1 visa is getting expired in mar2006..i have applied for 7th yr extension.
Now i have to visit india in feb 2006 for 1 week.Can i go out of the country while my 7th yr extension is under process, since my current visa is until mar 2006...or do i have to wait till i receive my extension approval.
Will i face any problems at port of entry while coming back.
Can somebody please answer my doubt.
Thanks in advance,
grencard.

grencard said:
Hello Guys,
My 6th yr h1 visa is getting expired in mar2006..i have applied for 7th yr extension.
Now i have to visit india in feb 2006 for 1 week.Can i go out of the country while my 7th yr extension is under process, since my current visa is until mar 2006...or do i have to wait till i receive my extension approval.
Will i face any problems at port of entry while coming back.
Can somebody please answer my doubt.
Thanks in advance,
grencard.

In case your extension gets approved while you are out of the country and you enter the US based on your old valid H1, then the I-94 which will be issued at the port of entry will over-ride the one that you will get with your extension approval. Hence you would have to apply for extension all over again.

immi24,

If i got the visa extension and then go to INDIA and come back without stamping in passport will the new extension be still valid?

In my case i have a VISA valid until April 2006, But i have a necessity to go to INDIA in Jan2006 and i have already applied for 7th year extension and got my visa approval until Apr2007.In chennai, i couldn't get the embassy appointment until April.

Can you tell me if the VISA extension will still be valid ?
when i come back at the port of entry will the i-94 be given the extended date til april 2007?

Appreciate your reply.

Do not travel while your extension is pending. If you travel outside the U.S., you will never ever be able to come back again. A friend of mine left for a wedding during her pending H1B extension. She did not get a stamp nor she was allowed back to the US. Embassy said that she will not be able to apply for a visa again since she violated the INS rule of not leaving the country while visa is pending, processing, etc.

Stamp is not necessary to stay here anyways. I would renew and get the approval and then travel. Postpone your travels and avoid denials. They are looking for any excuse to deny.