H1B 7th year extension while BEC pending

H1b Extension At Vermont Center

Guys,

My employer filed for h1b extension on aug,18,but still I did not get the approval.

How long is it taking to get approval from Vermont Center?

It took approx. 1 month to get my 7th year extension approved.

You can track the status of your application at the following link. Provide your EAC# and you can subscribe the USCIS website.

http://immihelp.com/timings/tracking.jsp

Hope this helps !!

maliklongwait said:
Guys,

My employer filed for h1b extension on aug,18,but still I did not get the approval.

How long is it taking to get approval from Vermont Center?

Sept 15th 2005. Did you check the status of your application ? What does it say ?

maliklongwait said:
Thanks for your response. For me, it is more than two months now and I am still waiting. What was your receipt date?

7th year H1B approval from Vermont Center

Has any one received an approval for the 7th yr H1B form the Vermont Center recently? My application date is Sept 22, 2005

Can someone apply for a new I140 with a new employer if and older is in process?

Gc_from_NJ,
Thanks very much for your response

Lets say I don't get laid off and my employment with my current employer continues and eventually my long-awaited RIR gets cleared while my PERM is in process with the second company, in that case can I file I-140 through my current employer because I believe I can retain my old PD with that? or should I file it with the second employer after my PERM is cleared?

Also,Lets say my I140 is cleared through my second employer before my current employer, can I still use that I-140 to extend my H1b for 3 years with my current employer?

Bottomline can approval of one I140 can disqualify the other I140? and this case which one can be retained? new one or old? or can I even apply for a new 140 if one has been already approved or in the process already?

Thanks a lot for your great insight as ever!
I appreciate!!

Kumarash

GC_from_NJ said:
Kumarash,

Your prediction is right. If you get laid off before your second LC is approved then you will NOT be in a position for filing another LC since your 6th year finished by Sept 2006. However you will be able to transfer your H1B and get yearly extensions once your PERM application is approved and 140 is applied. You should also be eligible for the 3 year extensions once 140 is approved.

Good luck !!

Kumarash,

Once your labor is cleared through your first employer then you can file your I-140 automatically. My suggestion is that you should file with your current employer since that application will have a older PD than your PERM application. In the long run PD will become a crucial factor for 485 stage since the current retrogression is killing us all.. :(

As I said before once your labor is cleared from either your current employer or future employer you will be in a position to file your 140.

Whichever labor gets approved first will kinda nullify your other labor application since you will have to file your 140 soon one way or the other. However I am not sure about how much time you can delay your 140 application once your labor has approved. This is a catch 22 situation and you have to play your cards carefully.

I would suggest you take professional help from a lawyer. You can also search thru' these forums to find out whether this query has been answered already or not. Rajiv Khanna might help you out.

Good luck !!!

Kumarash said:
Gc_from_NJ,
Thanks very much for your response

Lets say I don't get laid off and my employment with my current employer continues and eventually my long-awaited RIR gets cleared while my PERM is in process with the second company, in that case can I file I-140 through my current employer because I believe I can retain my old PD with that? or should I file it with the second employer after my PERM is cleared?

Also,Lets say my I140 is cleared through my second employer before my current employer, can I still use that I-140 to extend my H1b for 3 years with my current employer?

Bottomline can approval of one I140 can disqualify the other I140? and this case which one can be retained? new one or old? or can I even apply for a new 140 if one has been already approved or in the process already?

Thanks a lot for your great insight as ever!
I appreciate!!

Kumarash

Did you receive your 45 day letter ? If no, then all of us are stuck in this black hole for a looong time.. :mad:

life_w/o_gc said:
GC_From_NJ,

your ETA number is close to mine, but my case is Non RIR.

NOn RIR/CA/EB3
T-05140-3

premium processing & chk list

my pd is oct 2002
No 45 day letter.
case screenshot - "INCOMPLETE"

planning to file 7th yr extn (VRMT centr). Will premium proceess help? Also, do I have to file spouse extn at the same time (H4). Can anyone give any checklist? thanks!

Thanks a lot!!

Thanks GC_from_NJ,

I really appreciate your great insight. I will consult a lawyer if I get into a catch 22 position.

Thanks again,
Ash Kumar

GC_from_NJ said:
Kumarash,

Once your labor is cleared through your first employer then you can file your I-140 automatically. My suggestion is that you should file with your current employer since that application will have a older PD than your PERM application. In the long run PD will become a crucial factor for 485 stage since the current retrogression is killing us all.. :(

As I said before once your labor is cleared from either your current employer or future employer you will be in a position to file your 140.

Whichever labor gets approved first will kinda nullify your other labor application since you will have to file your 140 soon one way or the other. However I am not sure about how much time you can delay your 140 application once your labor has approved. This is a catch 22 situation and you have to play your cards carefully.

I would suggest you take professional help from a lawyer. You can also search thru' these forums to find out whether this query has been answered already or not. Rajiv Khanna might help you out.

Good luck !!!

While a person on pending labor stage (pending at Philly BPC, got 45 day Ltr), and wants to change Lawyer, also the Employer Head office got moved one location to another in same city, anyone any idea how to inform Philly DOL about new lawyer and new head office adddress?

gchelpme

There is no information about my case status; they only wrote that my application is pending.
Where you get case screenshot - "INCOMPLETE" ???

Who can tell me, what dose it mean?
1. No CASE STATUS.
2. It is written: Case source- STATE.
Should it be Regional?
My case was forwarded from Georgia State LOB in July 2003 to Regional LOB.
Please clarify.
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
H1B 7th year extension RFE without screen shot help required!!!!!!!!!!!

One of my friend applied for 7th year extesnion he could not get screen shot niether attorney by sending email to H1B7yr@dal or phi addresses.

Any other other alternative? CIS wants screen shot it seems. Premium processing was done.

Any other email/phone number through which we can get screen shot without that they will not clear the RFE and H1B extension.

Urgent help appreciated.

Thanks

did anyone recently sent an e-mail to Philly for screenshot for your 7th year extension ?? I have sent it 3 times in 3 weeks, but no reply :confused:

if anyone got a reply, could you please post the format of the e-mail you have sent.

Thanks in advance.

Interpret this please

Gurus,

Can you please help me to interpret this?

I communicated to H1B7YR@PHI.DFLC.US one month back from now and again I communicated within last 3 days asking for 'Request to verify that my Alien Labor Certification application is pending more than 365 days for 7th year onward extension'. Both replied have differed for 2 fields. 1) Cast status: during first communication it mentioned 'Incomplete' and during recent communication there was no field named 'Case Status'. 2) Case receive date: During first communication, they mentioned the date here which is exactly similar as my 'priority date' but this time this field exists in the reply but there is no date data.

Note: 'Case Source' shows 'State' and 'Processing Type' shows 'TR'

Other fields and data contained within them remain the same for both communication.

- Bharat Premi
EB3-NON RIR
PD: July 2003
State: MA

Format to communicate to PBEC

Dear Sir or Madam,

My application for Alien labor Certification ( Employment Based Green Card) was filed by my employer from the state of --------- and has been assigned a Priority Date: --/--/----.

The other information for the said application is as under.

Employer: ------------------------------
Employer Address: --------------------------------------------
Alien: First Name Last Name
Current Address of Alien: ------------------------------------------------------.

Case#: -------------------

I herewith request you to provide me the proof that my application is pending more than 365 days for 7th year and onward H1B extension application.

I look forward to your earliest reply.

Thanks.

- Your Name
Your Contact Number

kk_kk said:
did anyone recently sent an e-mail to Philly for screenshot for your 7th year extension ?? I have sent it 3 times in 3 weeks, but no reply :confused:

if anyone got a reply, could you please post the format of the e-mail you have sent.

Thanks in advance.