H1B 7th year extension while BEC pending

GC_from_NJ said:
Nowadays INS is approving H1B extensions within 30 days since their work load is less... :)

Wish BEC's would speed up things instead of data entrying forever... :mad:

Not sure what happened in my case then. As you can notice from the sig, I applied in August and still no approval..NSC in my case.

Case Status avilable in USCIS website

dcmetro22042 said:
Not sure what happened in my case then. As you can notice from the sig, I applied in August and still no approval..NSC in my case.

Hi dcmetro22042

My case was not even a premium processing, but still they approved it in record time. If you have the WAC number you could go to USCIS and track your case status, my lawer told me that the processing time of each service center varies.

regards

dcmetro22042 said:

I had to wait over 3 month to get my I-129 approved to renew my H1B. Applied in march and got the forms back end of june ....

dcmetro22042,

If you see my earlier post in this thread then you will find the link to the USCIS site where you can track your case. You have to provide your EAC# and they will provide a status quo.

dcmetro22042 said:

Yup, I am aware of the site and did setup it up a month back. Obviously still waiting for the 'email' for them. Do check the site once a week as well. Will hope for an approval soon. Need to get my driver's license renewed as well :)

Question about 7th yr H1B???

Just confused, i thought

1. If you have pending LC and you're already in 7th yr in H1B, renewal should be every year.

2. If you had the approved LC and already filed the I-140 (approved).. you're not anymore renew H1B, only the I-140 (every year).

3. If you had pending I-145, you're not anymore renew H1B, only the I-145 will be renew every year till approved.

I am correct or not? Please i need clear explanations. Thank you

1. Correct
2. If you have a I-140 approved then you can get an extension of 3 years in which hopefully you will be able to file for your I-485.
3. Same as point 2. Once you are able to file I-485 with a available visa no. then you should receive your EAD and AP within 3 months and you no longer need a H1 visa to stay legally in US.

Hope your doubts are clear.

adallac said:
Just confused, i thought

1. If you have pending LC and you're already in 7th yr in H1B, renewal should be every year.

2. If you had the approved LC and already filed the I-140 (approved).. you're not anymore renew H1B, only the I-140 (every year).

3. If you had pending I-145, you're not anymore renew H1B, only the I-145 will be renew every year till approved.

I am correct or not? Please i need clear explanations. Thank you

GC_from_NJ said:
1. Correct
2. If you have a I-140 approved then you can get an extension of 3 years in which hopefully you will be able to file for your I-485.
3. Same as point 2. Once you are able to file I-485 with a available visa no. then you should receive your EAD and AP within 3 months and you no longer need a H1 visa to stay legally in US.

Hope your doubts are clear.

Thank you.. Appreciate your explanations.

Anyone experiencing delay to get H1/H4 7th Year Extension Receipt Notice from USCIS Texas Svc, specially applied around Sep 10 onwards

I have applied and no receipt yet!

Last edited by a moderator:
H1b Extension Approval

I got my H1b 7th Year Extension Approval yesterday, from California Service Center, Laguna Niguel.

I filed in September, 2005 with the Screen shot from Dallas BEC and the old SWA Receipt from Sacramento EDD. (Anyone is acceptable)

Receipt Date September 14, 2005
Notice Date October 6, 2005
(Two weeks ago I got the Notice and WAC Number)
Got Approval October 12, 2005. :)
I got exact one year extension not a day less not a day more,
no overlapping.
My old H1b expires on October 31, 2005.
My Labor case is California SWA NO 45 dAY Letter yet. :confused:

Delicateone said:
I got my H1b 7th Year Extension Approval yesterday, from California Service Center, Laguna Niguel.

I filed in September, 2005 with the Screen shot from Dallas BEC and the old SWA Receipt from Sacramento EDD. (Anyone is acceptable)

no overlapping.

Congratulation Delicateone,

When you applied, did you asked for 1 yr? on form I-129 page 3, col 8, Date intended Employment.

who sent the request for screen shot....

I applied my 7th year extension(CA service center) with the letter from SWA. However, I received and RFE stating that they need the proof from the Backlog elimination center.

so, could you please let me know if I send the request to the BEC using the email provided in the RFE OR should I have my HR do it. My HR is on vaction and I really would like to know.

Thanks.

Delicateone said:

no overlapping.

7th year extn Question

Hello Everyone,

My Labor was filed in Jan 2005 (prior to PERM implementaion), and my 6 years of H1b will be lapsing in June 2006, so my company should soon be filing for the 7th extn.

My Question is if I send a request to PBEC asking the confirmation on pending labor, will I get any response? Friend of mine has told me that I need to wait until Jan 2006 before making such a request. Is that true?

Also, I will be grateful if anyone could tell me what are the typical costs that are incurred for 7th yr extension filing.

Thanks much in advance

You can request for proof to BEC and they will mail you back with a screenshot. This screenshot should be sent by your lawyer with the RFE to get it cleared.

self_file said:
I applied my 7th year extension(CA service center) with the letter from SWA. However, I received and RFE stating that they need the proof from the Backlog elimination center.

so, could you please let me know if I send the request to the BEC using the email provided in the RFE OR should I have my HR do it. My HR is on vaction and I really would like to know.

Thanks.

You will get an response from BEC anytime you send them a query requesting for proof. It does not depend on your 6 yr. expiry.

For the cost of 7th year extension filing, browse through this thread and you will find the answer.

bklog_sufferer said:
Hello Everyone,

My Labor was filed in Jan 2005 (prior to PERM implementaion), and my 6 years of H1b will be lapsing in June 2006, so my company should soon be filing for the 7th extn.

My Question is if I send a request to PBEC asking the confirmation on pending labor, will I get any response? Friend of mine has told me that I need to wait until Jan 2006 before making such a request. Is that true?

Also, I will be grateful if anyone could tell me what are the typical costs that are incurred for 7th yr extension filing.

Thanks much in advance

One year only when labor is pending

powerman said:
Congratulation Delicateone,

When you applied, did you asked for 1 yr? on form I-129 page 3, col 8, Date intended Employment.

You get only one year extension at a time when labor is pending, if I-140 pending more than 365 days or gets approved and because of retrogetion if you are anable to file I-485 then only you are eligible for three years extension I guess.

cost of H1b Extension

I paid
$185/- regular H1b fee
+ $750/- additional fee for first time (one time) filing H1b Extension
+ Attorney Charges (varies)

$750/- if your comapny has less than 25 employees on current payroll
$1500/- if your comapny has more than 25 employees on current payroll
fee based on the Omnibus Appropriations Act of 2005

If I will need 8th , 9th or 10th year extension in future with the same employer then I will pay
$185/- regular H1b fee
+ Attorney Charges (varies)

But if I will change my job while on H1b Extension and file for new labor etc. with new employer then I will be subject to this additional fee. I am not planning to do anything like this, I pray everyday hopefully I will get my green card with this present employer only. I don't know anything about changing job while on H1b Extension

Amazed!!!!!!!

Can you believe this!!!!

H1 7th year extension filled on Sept 19th and got approved on 29th (10 Days WOW!!!!!). Got the i-797 on 4th Oct......

It was thrilling experience. I wish the same speed be carried out for LC.

GCCovet said:
Can you believe this!!!!

H1 7th year extension filled on Sept 19th and got approved on 29th (10 Days WOW!!!!!). Got the i-797 on 4th Oct......

It was thrilling experience. I wish the same speed be carried out for LC.

Congrets GCCovet,

Same period I applied but I didn't get receipt yet, whould please give me more details, like what service center did you applied? how much form fees did you pay...like H1/H4 plus any extra ? any idea why mine is taking long to get the receipt, mine is with same company.

Thx and appreciate your reply