H1B 7th year extension while BEC pending

Did you apply by yourself or Lawyer?

What documents did you send out?

Good Luck,
roro13

Last edited by a moderator:
Try this way

send an email to the h1-b extension email at backlog center, type in a fake name, a well-known company name, give a fake filing date, say December 2, 2001, RIR, new york. Guess what, you will get a reply, confirming that the case was filed December 2, 2001, RIR, at local SWA, "awaiting processing".

I wonder those retards at PBEC never bother to furthur research if they can not find the case in the system, they just reply, assuming the case has not been entered yet.

GC from NJ

Hi

I have a LC pending in PBEC. My case was applied on Aug 2004.

I wanted to get 7th year extension. My h1b is expiring on Jan 2006.

My question

Is there a fee involve in getting H1B extension?
When should i apply for my extension.

Please please respond.

Thanks

Fees

There is always a fee attached when you are filing a H1B extension.
For filing a petition for a nonimmigrant worker, a base fee of $110 plus an additional $500 fee in a single remittance of $610 is required. This amount might vary from lawyer to lawyer. You have to probably enquire it from yours.

You can file it 6 months in advance before your H1 expires. In your case you are eligible to file it now. If you have a screenshot from PBEC regarding your labor case then you are good to go.

ssahai said:
Hi

I have a LC pending in PBEC. My case was applied on Aug 2004.

I wanted to get 7th year extension. My h1b is expiring on Jan 2006.

My question

Is there a fee involve in getting H1B extension?
When should i apply for my extension.

Please please respond.

Thanks

H1 B 7th Year extension

Hi

THanks for the response GC_From_NJ

I wanted to know whether we are eligible for 3 three extension of H1-B. I read in one of the forum that there is a possibility to get H1-B extended for 3 years.

Do you have any idea about this?

We are eligible for 3 year extensions with a 1 year span as long as you keep providing DOL with the appropriate proof of your labor certification or I-140 documents.

ssahai said:
Hi

THanks for the response GC_From_NJ

I wanted to know whether we are eligible for 3 three extension of H1-B. I read in one of the forum that there is a possibility to get H1-B extended for 3 years.

Do you have any idea about this?

Screen Shot for 7th Year Extension

Hi,

I have sent an email to the dallas center requesting the screen shot which can be used for my 7th year extension. It has been more than 1 week and I have not received any reply.

Do we get the screen shot by mail or email? And do we get any kind of email saying that the request has been received?

Thanks

You will get the screenshot by email. You will not receive any email stating that your request has been received. You will have wait for some more time before you hear from DBEC. They take anywhere b/w few hours to few weeks to respond.

rich_royus said:
Hi,

I have sent an email to the dallas center requesting the screen shot which can be used for my 7th year extension. It has been more than 1 week and I have not received any reply.

Do we get the screen shot by mail or email? And do we get any kind of email saying that the request has been received?

Thanks

Applying H1 Transfer and Extension for 7th Year

Thak you GC from NJ for your reply.

I am working for company which has applied my labor in 2002. I have less than 6 months for 6 years of H1. I guess I can apply for 7th year extension now.

But my question is, can I start with other company by doing H1 tranfer and apply for 7th year extension using the pending labor which was applied by current company? If yes, can both, H1 transfer and H1 Extensions be applied together?

Thanks

You can start your H1 transfer/H1 extension now using the pending labor application. Since you have less than 6 months left so the new company has to file for 7th year extension as part of your H1 transfer process.

You can verify it with your lawyer.

rich_royus said:
Thak you GC from NJ for your reply.

I am working for company which has applied my labor in 2002. I have less than 6 months for 6 years of H1. I guess I can apply for 7th year extension now.

But my question is, can I start with other company by doing H1 tranfer and apply for 7th year extension using the pending labor which was applied by current company? If yes, can both, H1 transfer and H1 Extensions be applied together?

Thanks

H1-B extension: Proof of LC query

Those of you who are not getting any response from the Dallas Backlog Center to
the H1-B seventh year extension proof of Labor Certification email query should
try sending an email to the Philadelphia Center. It seems that the database the
the two centers are using is the same. I sent two emails to the Dallas Center
(where my case is) but did not get any response. But I got a response within 24
hours from the Philadelphia Backlog Center.

My case status is "RIR". I think that means that the Center has received my
employer's response to the 45-day letter.

rama0083

Is this screen shot a absolute must for 7th year extension?
I have a letter which was given to me by my lawyer which is basically a copy of the letter sent by state saying that the labor application was spproved by state and was sent to Federal. Can that letter be used?

Thanks

Screen shot request from PBEC Experience

I sent an email to PBEC (at the email address given in previous posts) requesting proof of LC filed, required for H1B 7th year extension and received an email reply in 1 day with the attached screenshot - very quick and painless.

Hope others also have a positive experience.

Regards

I think the letter from the State Dept. should be good enough for you to file for your 7th year extension since INS needs some kind of proof for you to legally stay in US and work.

rich_royus said:
Is this screen shot a absolute must for 7th year extension?
I have a letter which was given to me by my lawyer which is basically a copy of the letter sent by state saying that the labor application was spproved by state and was sent to Federal. Can that letter be used?

Thanks

My 6 year H-1 B tenure ends June 2006. However, when I last filed for H1-B extension they stamped an expiry date of June 2007 . Would this be a matter of concern when I am filing for my next extension (Hopefully I should have my GC by then )

Could anyone please throw some light.

Thank you very much !

ccv said:
My 6 year H-1 B tenure ends June 2006. However, when I last filed for H1-B extension they stamped an expiry date of June 2007 . Would this be a matter of concern when I am filing for my next extension (Hopefully I should have my GC by then )

Could anyone please throw some light.

Thank you very much !
INS's fault but you may pay the price in the future.
Apply for H1B extension before June 2006 - point out that INS made a mistake.

justdoit said:
INS's fault but you may pay the price in the future.
Apply for H1B extension before June 2006 - point out that INS made a mistake.

In that case how many months prior to June 2006 should I apply for the H1-B extension ?

Thank you very much !

ccv said:
In that case how many months prior to June 2006 should I apply for the H1-B extension ?

Thank you very much !

u are eligible to apply for extension 6 months prior to ur visa expiration..i.e can apply in Dec'05 or starting Jan'06.

Please reply

Hi All,

My six years on H1 is expiring in Feb 2006 and I am planning to Travel to India in Nov/Dec this year. I talked to my HR department and they said that they will file for the 7th yr extension in Nov. My current visa stamping is valid until Feb 2006.

My question is: Will it be ok when I try to enter into the US in Nov/Dec 2005 after returning from India trip. At that time my 7th year extension would not have been filed/approved? Will it be a problem that my current H1 and visa stamping will be expiring in 2 months and my 7th year extension would not have come through? According to my HR department, I would be fine.

Did any one of you go through the same situation. Any comments, suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks