H1B 7th year extension - Company change

rspr

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

Appreciate your inputs for my scenario.

My current H1B 6 years is ending December 2004. Current company (A) is filing for 7th year extension, based on my labor pending for more than 365 days. so far so good.

There is a potential chance of layoff due to a merger at current company. So, I am interested to know, if I can use this pending Labor at current company to apply for H1B 7th year extension with other company?

Will there be any complications. Did any body applied for H1B 7th year based on labor pending at previous company?

Thanks

rspr said:
Hi,

My current H1B 6 years is ending December 2004. Current company (A) is filing for 7th year extension, based on my labor pending for more than 365 days. so far so good.

There is a potential chance of layoff due to a merger at current company. So, I am interested to know, if I can use this pending Labor at current company to apply for H1B 7th year extension with other company?
NO. but if that new company is the one who merged or taking over your company AND if that new company merged with successor of interest then it should be ok.

Will there be any complications. Did any body applied for H1B 7th year based on labor pending at previous company?

Thanks

Yes

rspr said:
Hi,

Yes. You can use company A pending labor cert (365 Days old) to extend your H1, 7th yr to company B. (Company B can get you 7th year H1 extn based on company A's pending Labor cert)

Thanks

Thanx

Yes. You can use company A pending labor cert (365 Days old) to extend your H1, 7th yr to company B. (Company B can get you 7th year H1 extn based on company A's pending Labor cert)

Is there any conditions that need to be met to qualify for this?. Is there any body with similar situation.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks