H1B 6 YEAR LIMIT calculations

Keanu

Hello

Please help me understand the six year calculation of H1B visa.

1) I joined my first company on May 1999 and worked 9 months. (visa approved in Oct 98)

2) Went out of US for 9 months.

3) Got new Visa with 2nd co and reentered in Jan 2001. Have been working with them till now. I have done 3 years 9 months of total stay in US.

Question is when is my six years ending ???

May 2005 or May 2005 + 9 months.

Please help i am in dilemma.

Thanks in advanceB

May 2005
and then befor I-94 expiry you should file H1 extension with USCIS to recapture 9 months with evidence that you were out of US.

thx for reply. my i-94 is expired long time back. i have H1 B visa docs till July 2004. obviously i will be filing extension. do i need to specify in my application about the 9 months.

thx for reply. My i-94 is expired long time back.
-- What do you mean by this? When you entered Jan 2001 you got the I-94, do you mean your I-94 is expired and you are still in US with expired I-94?
I have H1 B visa docs till July 2004.
----- If you had H1B visa stamp till 2004 you were supposed to get I-94 valid till July 2004
obviously i will be filing extension. Do i need to specify in my application about the 9 months.
--- yes.

**** I see problem, if your I-94 is expired long back it means you are staying illegal in US

error

It was an error in my saying the I-94 had expired, actually the I-94 is also till July 04.

All,

My first H1-Visa approved in 01 July 1998.
I stamp my Visa in 31 January 1999.
I entered US in May 1999.

Could any body let me know when my 6 year will complete ?

TIA

I entered US in May 1999
---- count 6 years from the MAY 99 date

Could any body let me know when my 6 year will complete ?
---------- How do I know the date of May 1999 when you entered? You did not provide the date of entry to US, count 6 years from the date you entered US I hope you know basic mathematics