H1B- 221g and Visa refused ....(chennai)

rm_72756

Registered Users (C)
here is the update from my relative who went on 2nd feb.
He is BSc - physics with 2 year deploma in Computer applications. As per the credential evaluaation sbmitted for H1B, BSc + 2 year diploma is equalent to BS in CS in america. he showed his BS degree certificate, Diploma certificate, credential evaluation, all his experience (6-8 years in IT) letters etc. The officer was not convinced about his eligibility of getting H1. when we talked to the lawyer here in US, as per his the eligibility should be checked during H1B process not during stamping. all they can check is the genuiness and also validate the supporting documents. I gave the letter content to the lawyer and waiting.....

Does anybody have this kind of experience ? please post it here as he is very upset on this.... thanks RM.

below is the content of the letter :

Based on the documents you have submitted to us, and the information elicited in your interview with an American Consular Officer, you do not appear to be qualified for an H-1B temporary work visa.
In accordance with United States Law and Department of State guidelines, action on your case has been suspended, and the I-129 Petition for a Non-Immigrant Worker filed on your behalf will be returned to the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) with a memorandum explaining the facts of your case as presented to us a the time of interview. The U.S. Consulate in Chennai is no longer handling your case, and will be unable to give you any information on the status of your petition.
For your information , your visa was refused today under Section 221(g) of the Immigration and Nationality Act(INA) . Essentially, this section states that a visa cannot be issued to anyone whose application does not appear to the Consular Officer to meet the requirements of the INA or of the regulation thereunder.

rm_72756 said:
here is the update from my relative who went on 2nd feb.
He is BSc - physics with 2 year deploma in Computer applications. As per the credential evaluaation sbmitted for H1B, BSc + 2 year diploma is equalent to BS in CS in america. he showed his BS degree certificate, Diploma certificate, credential evaluation, all his experience (6-8 years in IT) letters etc. The officer was not convinced about his eligibility of getting H1. when we talked to the lawyer here in US, as per his the eligibility should be checked during H1B process not during stamping.
Similar cases were going on from 1997 (in Chennai), one of the first case got rejected with BCom 5 yrs exp in Mainframe with 2 yrs Dip by NITT, that time it was a surprise to many attornies.
That time attornies thought once you have H1 petition approved, counsellor can not reject visa . But fact is, No body can question the Counsel Officer about non-immigrant visa, they are the final authority to issue a visa.

Your case the approved petition is already sent back to USCIS and you may
not use this H1 approval petition any more.
officer

all they can check is the genuiness and also validate the supporting documents. I gave the letter content to the lawyer and waiting.....

Does anybody have this kind of experience ? please post it here as he is very upset on this.... thanks RM.

below is the content of the letter :

Based on the documents you have submitted to us, and the information elicited in your interview with an American Consular Officer, you do not appear to be qualified for an H-1B temporary work visa.
In accordance with United States Law and Department of State guidelines, action on your case has been suspended, and the I-129 Petition for a Non-Immigrant Worker filed on your behalf will be returned to the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) with a memorandum explaining the facts of your case as presented to us a the time of interview. The U.S. Consulate in Chennai is no longer handling your case, and will be unable to give you any information on the status of your petition.
For your information , your visa was refused today under Section 221(g) of the Immigration and Nationality Act(INA) . Essentially, this section states that a visa cannot be issued to anyone whose application does not appear to the Consular Officer to meet the requirements of the INA or of the regulation thereunder.

Surprise to read this??????

I have a similar education and I did 2 years PG dilploma from NIIT; I was issued my H1B visa stamp in 1999 from bombay consulate....I guess it all depend on case; even I had 3 years mainframe experience as well....but any how I completed my 6 years now....good luck to all...

Regards

H1B-221g and Visa refused ....Chenai

Same thing happend to me on Feb 24th 2006. I am a MBA graduate having 8 years business experience and 4 years SAP experience, the officer rejected by H1B petition. The content what they have issued is also same what you have described. What will be the impact on future H1B petition. when i can apply again.

Are you guys talking about a new H1b visa being issued? or are you revalidating ur existing visa (i.e. already working in US)

221(g) with Refusal Letter

Hi,

Recently I attended H1B Visa interview at Chennai Consulate and got 221(g) alongwith Visa Refusal letter.
(Which is exatcly given to the user "rm_72756"). I did M.Com, 2 year PG Diploma in Computer Science and Applications from BDPS, and having 6+ year of IT experience.

What are the further steps I have to take?

Please share your experience with me thru :
arundhathi99@yahoo.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

Recently I attended H1B Visa interview at Chennai Consulate and got 221(g) alongwith Visa Refusal letter.
(Which is exatcly given to the user "rm_72756"). I did M.Com, 2 year PG Diploma in Computer Science and Applications from BDPS, and having 6+ year of IT experience.

What are the further steps I have to take?

Please share your experience with me thru :
arundhathi99@yahoo.com

Hi any updates on ur H1B.