H1b 2008 Visa stamp / new citizenship

homer4all

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I am an Indian passport holder residing in Australia. I will be eligible for my Aus. passport later this year in December.

My case:

Recently I have applied for H1b 2008 and my case is under normal process and hopefully it will approved in few months. But when I will acquire my Aus. passport then my Indian passport will be canceled and I will not be able to travel on my Indian passport which might have H1 visa on it. I don't require to submit my passport but not allowed to travel on that.
Still I haven't got H1b stamp on my passport.

My query:

1. What can I do to have/transfer my H1b on my Aus passport ?

2. Still I haven't got my H1 stamp so can I delay my interview and have stamp on my new Aus passport ?

3. Can I travel on my Aus passport to US and show my H1 visa (which is process on Indian passport) at POE ?

4. Any other ways or suggestion to come out of this complication ?

Cheers,
Homer

Hi,

I am an Indian passport holder residing in Australia. I will be eligible for my Aus. passport later this year in December.

My case:

Recently I have applied for H1b 2008 and my case is under normal process and hopefully it will approved in few months. But when I will acquire my Aus. passport then my Indian passport will be canceled and I will not be able to travel on my Indian passport which might have H1 visa on it
---------------------Indian passport gets "canceled" stamp but Visa is NOT canceled and one can keep both the passports stapled. you will travel on the Valid Passport but at POE show both the passports.
. I don't require to submit my passport but not allowed to travel on that.

My query:

----------------- you will get Aus passport in December 2007 and your start date for H1 may be Oct 2007 (not 2008) at that time you will be holding Indian passport and get the visa stamp in Indian passport.

2. Still I haven't got my H1 stamp so can I delay my interview and have stamp on my new Aus passport ?

3. Can I travel on my Aus passport to US and show my H1 visa (which is process on Indian passport) at POE ?
-------------------------If you come to US in October 2007 then you will have Visa in Indian passport, how you can travel on Aus passport in October 2007 as you will get AUS passport only in December

------------------

Cheers,
Homer

-----------------

Hi,

My case:

Recently I have applied for H1b 2008 and my case is under normal process and hopefully it will approved in few months. But when I will acquire my Aus. passport then my Indian passport will be canceled and I will not be able to travel on my Indian passport which might have H1 visa on it. I don't require to submit my passport but not allowed to travel on that.

My query:

Cheers,
Homer

As an australian citizen, you won't even need to go through the H1B mess. Aussies have a separate visa category called E-3 visa. It's fairly staight forward, similar to the H1B is most respects.

Adjusting H1 on new citizenship !!!

As an australian citizen, you won't even need to go through the H1B mess. Aussies have a separate visa category called E-3 visa. It's fairly staight forward, similar to the H1B is most respects.

Yeah .. thanks for the info. I know details about E3 visa but since I have already applied for my H1b on Indian passport I wanted to take visa first then change citizenship and travel on Aus passport.

I was not 100% sure about E3 details and so didn't take chance of applying.
Now I am looking for info. on how to travel on Aus passport and if possible
1. transfer h1 on Aus. passport
2. Travel on Aus passport and if allowed show H1 stamp on canceled Indian passport
3. Go for interview after I acquire Aus passport.. but since my H1 application was on Indian passport details, will they consider on having stamp on my new citizenship passport ?

Someone told me you can travel with new passport while holding expired passport with valid H1 visa but he was not knowing that same rule apply if you traveling with different nationality

Cheers,
Homer

Adjusting H1 travel on new citizenship

-----------------

My H1 will be valid from October 2007 but I am thinking of taking Aus citizenship in December and than travel to US.

So was not sure about my H1 validity on Indian passport or should I wait for my Aus citizenship and then go for visa stamp.

Cheers,
Homer