H1 would take too long - Alternative?

pherth

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

I went through the FAQ and couldn't find an answer to my questions.

I'm in the US since October 2009 on a B2 visa.

Now I applied for two jobs and they both are willing to hire me and sponsor my visa.
The problem is that the H1 will take until October and at least one of them said that they won't be able to wait that long.

Are there any other alternatives?

If you think I need one, where can I get a decent lawyer? (and not expensive)

About me and my status:
In 2009 I spent 6 months first, went back home and came back in October. This means that I spent more than 180 days in one year. Never overstayed.
I used to have a Green card when I was about 13 years old and returned it when I was 20 (I'm 33 now). Although I never lived in the states in that period.
I freelance and teach last year and this one independently taking cash (one $1000 check last year showing my passport)
I have a 5 year degree
7 years of experience
I own an apartment in my home country (not sure if this is important or not)

Thank you very much for your help.

Go back to your home country before your I-94 gets expired. If any US employer is interested in Filing H1 for you in April then provide the educational degree copies or exp letter copies and your passport copy. Go back and once the H1 gets approved get H1 visa stamp and enter US on H1 status. FYI at this time USCIS is after consulting companies and ask lot of documents.

If it is a cap exempt employer, they can file at any time. Otherwise you have no option other than to wait; if the employer is unwilling to do so then tough luck.

I do hope your mentioned work was not in the US without proper work authorization. Illegally working is treated very harshly. Just because you have a SSN does not mean that you are entitled to do even small freelance jobs.

Thank you both.

I've heard that I can ask for an extension of my B2 visa and work "voluntarily". Then when the H1 gets approved, I receive a bonus compensating those months I worked for free.

Did you ever hear someone doing this?

Concern4us: I don't have a SSN.

Thanks in advance.

Thank you both.

I've heard that I can ask for an extension of my B2 visa and work "voluntarily". Then when the H1 gets approved, I receive a bonus compensating those months I worked for free.
------------------------- you worked Illegally. They may deny B2 visa extension and denial will be from the date you sent B2 extension. Go out of US before I-94 gets expired.
Did you ever hear someone doing this?

Concern4us: I don't have a SSN.

Thanks in advance.
----------------------------------------