H1 vs AP

tsc11months

Registered Users (C)
I will go back to my motherland for a while. I am currently an H1 holder with a valid AP. When I departure US, should I have to surrend my current I-94 form and portion of H1 if I use H1 for reentry?I know if I use AP, my H1 will become invalid and I have to use EAD which I have at hands but never use so far. Is there any grace period between transition from H1 to AP, just in case my lifeclock does not turn around smothly?

I know the same question was posted. I just want to make sure I could return smothly.

GKing, nice to see again after your short break. I still believe we are going to have a party soon, though I will have parties first now in my motherland!

Good luck and best wishes to everyone on the forum.

When U leave US

just surrender the I94 you acquired from the previous visit (or I94 attached to any extension based on the original I94). That submission completes the circle for that I94 and status.
There are no grace periods between h1 and AP required, you can come back right next moment using AP ...

Thanks a lot. I am sorry that grace period I mentioned in my previous post should be between H1 and EAD. I worry there may be some days gap between my re-entry date with AP and the date when EAD is effective in my employer's system. Perhaps not a big deal, just cautious.

AP with no H-1 visa

Hi All,

We are planning to visit India this December. I am waiting on Advance Parole right now.. I came to us in F-1 and later I got my H-1 and then I applied for GC. I didn't had a chance to stamp H-1 visa. So, for GC I submited my I-94 card..
Does the airlines complain for I-94 card during departure?

My Indian passport is going to expire in Jan. Is that a problem while coming back. Any thoughts on this..

Thanks