H1 Visa stamping

gottipati77

Hi
I have a F1 visa which expires on July 2005. I am on my OPT which expiers on June 5th 2004. I have just got my H1 approved with the start date as May 1st 2004.

I would like to know if I can get my H1 visa stamping immediately or should I wait until May. I plan to go to india sometime between May and December and want to have the stamping done in canada.

I have also heard that we can get the visa stamping by sending our documents to the consulate in washington dc. If this is right where can I find/get some information about it and can i submit my documents right now rather than waiting until May.

Thank you for your time and valuable information

Originally posted by gottipati77
Hi
I have a F1 visa which expires on July 2005. I am on my OPT which expiers on June 5th 2004. I have just got my H1 approved with the start date as May 1st 2004.

I would like to know if I can get my H1 visa stamping immediately or should I wait until May.

++++++++++++You can get H-1 stamping 10 days ahead of May 1, as far as I remember.

I plan to go to india sometime between May and December and want to have the stamping done in canada.

I have also heard that we can get the visa stamping by sending our documents to the consulate in washington dc. If this is right where can I find/get some information about it and can i submit my documents right now rather than waiting until May.

++++++++++++++++++First time stamping cannot be done like that.
Thank you for your time and valuable information