H1 Visa stamping on new passport

Jade_S

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I am from India presently working in U.S on H1-B. My current Indian passport has the H1 Visa stamping till May 2006.

Since my current Indian passport expires on June 2005, I applied for a new passport (@San Francisco India Consulate) and GOT the new passport stapled with the old passport.

My question is DO I NEED GET THE H1 VISA STAMPING on my new passport?
If so, do I need to go to India to get the revalidation or can it be done here itself.

Any clarifications are much appreciated.

Thanks,
Jeelani

Jade_S said:
Hi,

I am from India presently working in U.S on H1-B. My current Indian passport has the H1 Visa stamping till May 2006.

Since my current Indian passport expires on June 2005, I applied for a new passport (@San Francisco India Consulate) and GOT the new passport stapled with the old passport.

My question is DO I NEED GET THE H1 VISA STAMPING on my new passport?
------------ no need, Keep your expired passport with valid visa stamp and new passport attached. Show both the passport at POE and point out that visa is in expired passport.
If so, do I need to go to India to get the revalidation or can it be done here itself.
------------ you cant get Visa stamp in US they have stoped.
Any clarifications are much appreciated.

Thanks,
Jeelani

One more clarification

Hi,

If I visit India, do I need to get the stamping on the new passport to come back to U.S?

Thanks,
Jade

Jade_S said:
Hi,

If I visit India, do I need to get the stamping on the new passport to come back to U.S?

Thanks,
Jade
1 if you have valid visa when you want to come back, no need of visa stamp in new passport, show both the passport.
2 if visa stamp gets expired and you have new H1 approval with you then get visa stamp.
** if the earlier passport expires and has valid visa stamped that visa stamp is valid

Thanks

Thanks a lot Ginnu. Mine is an expired passport with valid Visa stamping.

Thanks,
Jade