H1 Visa stamping experience- Canada

Hi patila12

Since you are a Canadian PR and you must have some documents/copy of evaluation done by your employer who is sponsoring your H1b, this should not be problem at all; for example the photocopy of the H1B Doc set which has evaluation and other related docs.

Couple of questions :
1. How long you been working with the current employer who is holding your H1b ?

2. Is it your first/second or third visa stamp and if yes, where did you had your earlier Visa Stamps from ?

Let me know if you need any more clarifications.

Rajlion

patila12 said:
Hello

This was my second trip to the Toronto consulate . Initially I was given 221(g) by VO saying that he could not evaluate my
Indian degree. I have a BTECH from IIT , Mumbai. What is there to evaluate that. I went again by completing the evaluation and now the VO rejected me saying that I need to apply in home country as my case has been sent to
administrative processing. I have to fly back to Mumbai now.

I am confused now so as to what I should expect in Mumbai consulate. FYI , I am PR but VO told me that if case cannot be evaluated here then you need to go back to your country of citizenship which is still India even though I have a PR.

3 years ago, when I went to Montreal consulate to get the 2nd stamping 10 days before my first one expired, they did not give me stamping. They told me to come back after the first one expired. So i rescheduled another interview after expiration of the first visa stamp.

Visa Stamping in Canada

Hi,

I am new to this forum. I am on 7th year of my H1B and would like to get my passport stamped in Canada. I got my passport stamped at chennai before. Can you tell me if going to canada is safe? Can you also suggest a place in canada? I live in New York.

Appreciate your help.

Renewal Date

Hi,

I am on H1B for the past 5 years and my present i-797 is valid till March 6th 2006. But the Stamp on my passport expires on September 30th. I am on this present i-797 for the past 1 1/2 years i have plans to go to india in august 1st week and return in September. I couldn't get a date in Chennai before my visa expires so i planned to go to canada before i leave for India.

I was trying for an appointment and i could get one in Ottawa on July 13th. Is it ok if i go to Ottawa 75 days before expire of my Visa Stamp?

This is not a new i-797 i had been on this for the past 1 1/2 years.
and my i-94 is upto March 6th 2006. So i am looking at a Six months Visa Stamp Renewal.

I need this renewal incase if i had to stay longer in India.

How long before i could go for stamping?

Help is Appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
BPK1973 said:
Hi,

I am on H1B for the past 5 years and my present i-797 is valid till March 6th 2006. But the Stamp on my passport expires on September 30th. I am on this present i-797 for the past 1 1/2 years i have plans to go to india in august 1st week and return in September. I couldn't get a date in Chennai before my visa expires so i planned to go to canada before i leave for India.

I was trying for an appointment and i could get one in Ottawa on July 13th. Is it ok if i go to Ottawa 75 days before expire of my Visa Stamp?

This is not a new i-797 i had been on this for the past 1 1/2 years.
and my i-94 is upto March 6th 2006. So i am looking at a Six months Visa Stamp Renewal.

I need this renewal incase if i had to stay longer in India.

How long before i could go for stamping?

Help is Appreciated.

Are you sure your I-797 expires on March 6th 2006? If so, your I-797 is already expired, because today is May 25th 2006. As far as I know you can stamp visa 10 days in advance for sure but not sure about 75 days in advance.

BPK1973 said:
Sorry it expires on March 6th 2007 not this year

Give a call/email to US Consulate in Canada where you have an apointment. If possible, get a written confirmation from them in case if they denny to stamp it before 75 days. They might able to tell you how early they can stamp.

Also don't forget to post the reply from consulate to this forum for others.

quebec city consulate

has anyone got a H1 stamped at Quebec city?
Please share an exprience with us. Thanks a lot.

Visa stamping in Canada: Go to Toronto.

Just got back from Toronto. No hassle at all. I got my visa stamped. My interview lasted less than a minute. They did not ask for employer's letter or other complicated paperworks. Make sure you have everything you need. Go online to get an appointment, which is not easy. Toronto is very close and quite a welcoming place. Good luck

Need Help! Please

Hello All

I came to US on B1 visa 6 years back and applied for H1b (Immediately) and now working on H1. Never was out of status. After coming here Never been to INDIA because of Visa. I applied for 7th year extention (April 2006). My wife and son are on H4. I have applied for Canadian PR and is in process and hope to get approved soon. Planning to get visa stamped in Canada sometime this year.

My questions: In my case what are the chances of getting visa stamped in Canada for me and my dependents as PR's of Canada (If approved)?

Do we need visa to come back to US? I mean does the Automatic Visa Revalidation (AVR) applies to me?

These questions seems to be silly, but please answer.

Please put some light on this.

Thanks in advance.

prman said:
Hello All

I came to US on B1 visa 6 years back and applied for H1b (Immediately) and now working on H1. Never was out of status. After coming here Never been to INDIA because of Visa. I applied for 7th year extention (April 2006). My wife and son are on H4. I have applied for Canadian PR and is in process and hope to get approved soon. Planning to get visa stamped in Canada sometime this year.

My questions: In my case what are the chances of getting visa stamped in Canada for me and my dependents as PR's of Canada (If approved)?

Do we need visa to come back to US? I mean does the Automatic Visa Revalidation (AVR) applies to me?

These questions seems to be silly, but please answer.

Please put some light on this.

Thanks in advance.

Once you visit Canada consulate AVR is not available. If you just go, get your Canada PR come back with in 30 days by road, AVR is available.

dsugandhi said:
Once you visit Canada consulate AVR is not available. If you just go, get your Canada PR come back with in 30 days by road, AVR is available.

Thanks dsugandhi

Thank you verymuch for the reply, As I stated before I came to US on B1, if I go for the stamping, will me and my dependents get stamped?

Successful H1 and H4 stamping at Ottawa on May 16th.

Documents asked at interview: Current proof of employment . I gave employer letter.
No other questions asked. I think no rejections when I was there.

Help

njqwe said:
Documents asked at interview: Current proof of employment . I gave employer letter.
No other questions asked. I think no rejections when I was there.

Hi
congratulations

I have an appointment at Toronto on June 5th.

Iam on 7th year extention.
Question is my W2 and I-129 are having different addresses. Is that a problem?
My Pay stubs have a PO Box address(As pay roll is maintained by another company like Ceridian,ADP etc)

is there any known problem with this kind if scenario

Please help

reshamigo said:
My visa was marked 221(g) in Ottawa recently. I was told that I have to provide additional documents and information.I have a MS degree in Computer Science from a US university.This was my 7th year extension.They have asked me to provide additional paperwork and apply in home country as my application needs further administrative processing. I have a canadian PR but I was asked to apply in my home country as they said that consulate in my home country will be notified about my case.

I have been asked following additional docs

1) Company Tax documents
2) Company photos
3) Tax returns of all previous years and matching the LCA. If it does not match LCA , then strong proof why it does not match.
4) Company contracts of all current clients and ability of the company to pay.
5) All bank statements showing my deposits of paychecks.
6) Client photos.

My company is a top consulting organization with more than 1000 employees worldwide. Why are they asking me so many documents?
Does someone know if I can apply again in canada or do I need to apply in home country only at this time. Is Mexico a good option to apply?

Dude

Which country you belongs to?

I have a similar situation:

Citizen of Jordan, Entered US in 1999 last, on an F-1 that has long since expired.
Currently on my 2nd 3 year H-1b, which expires in Nov. 06.

My I-140 was filed in February 06. I expect approval within 30 days.

After approval, they will file the H-1b for a 3 year extension.

After that approval, hopefully Fall this year, as a Citizen of Jordan, could I travel to Canada, Vancouver Consulate, and get a re-entry visa from that consulate?

rejection in Ottawa my experience

I was asked lot of questions like what I do for the company, what the company does, why does the company needs a person on H1 on this job rather than a citizen, if I have a US degree. I handed over my evaluation for my India degree.

After answering all questions he told me that my case needs further administrative processing. He told me that I dont have even in US degree so that makes my case even more difficult.

FYI, I am a full time employee of a top billion dollar company.

I would really recommend unless you have to go for stamping for extremely urgent matters , please dont.

ppawnar said:
I was asked lot of questions like what I do for the company, what the company does, why does the company needs a person on H1 on this job rather than a citizen, if I have a US degree. I handed over my evaluation for my India degree.

After answering all questions he told me that my case needs further administrative processing. He told me that I dont have even in US degree so that makes my case even more difficult.

I would really recommend unless you have to go for stamping for extremely urgent matters , please dont.

Buddy

What is your case status.
Are u changing from H4 to H1 or something of that kind

Please give full details , if you have a minute.

Sorry to hear about your case though

sorry to hear about this and wish you all the very best as your case goes through ad processing and you can re-enter the US at the soonest.

It is definitely true that unless one absolutely has to leave the US, they should not do so just for the sake of obtaining the visa stamp on the passport. Getting stuck in a third country is definitely painful.

I would further add that the VO will not deny the visa just because someone does not have a US degree (lot of them without US degree have smooth interview experiences); but, there may be other issues because of which a particular case requires some lengthy processing.
ppawnar said: