H1 Visa stamping experience- Canada

Advice on Revalidation

Hi,

I had an approved I140 and I am getting a 3 year H1 extension. Can forum advice me which is safe place to go for revalidation Mexico or Canada. I completed 8 years on h1 and have 3 visa stampings on passport.

Last time I had visa was in 2004 since then working for same employer.

Thanks,

H1-B Visa Stamping in Canada

Hello All,

I came to Us on H4 and got my H1 done.
Now i want to go to India , so have to get my H1 stamped.
I want to know is it good to go to India(Mumbai) for H1 stamping or should i go to Canada or Mexico.
I would appreciated if you could share your experience regarding H1 stamping in India(Mumbai) with me and give me some suggestioins.
My last degree is from India.
Is it ok to go to Canada or Mexico for stamping even if your last degree is not from US?

Thanks,
V

ek_sawal said:
Hello All,

I came to Us on H4 and got my H1 done.
Now i want to go to India , so have to get my H1 stamped.
I want to know is it good to go to India(Mumbai) for H1 stamping or should i go to Canada or Mexico.
I would appreciated if you could share your experience regarding H1 stamping in India(Mumbai) with me and give me some suggestioins.
My last degree is from India.
Is it ok to go to Canada or Mexico for stamping even if your last degree is not from US?

Thanks,
V
In order to go to canada or mexico you need to have your first H1 stampped from India.

safdarali said:
I am from Pakistan and was subjected to Security clearance in 2003 but after 15 days of wait get H1B stamp from Toronto. Reading all of these horor stories I sent my family one day before I was apearing for my h1 and they get their H4 with out any problem yesterday.
I apeared today and was asked that I should have applied for H1 in Pakistan as all pakistani's are subject to security clearance. VO didnt asked any questions other then remarks that I am in us for long time (this was my 7th yr extension) he only asked one question which was "Is your immigration petetion pending"? I said no it is already approved. He was in process of refusing my visa and want to give me 221g for applying in Pakistan but I acted before he made final decision that I am landed immigrant and was gone through this in 2003 also. Then he checked on my DS157 and after verification of comments from 1st VO who check your papers and see that there is "L" meaning landed immigrant, VO said to me that he didnt checked that I am landed immigrant so he has given me green letter with 221g that I will be notified in 7 to 10 days via email about my security clearance and I can re-apear on receipt of email along with all documents.
He didnt stamp my passport with application receipt but kept my origional I-797. My family left for US and I will wait and update you guys after receiving email and visa interview.

Wish you all good luck

Thanks for shearing. Please keep us posted. I am pretty much in same situtation i.e.

- Pakistani
- Canadian Landed Immigrant
- 8th Year H1-B Extension Stamp
- Have filed for Labor around 2.5 years ago

Me and my family are planning to visit Pakistan. My family will get the H4 stamps from Islamabad (they are going 4 months earlier than me, so there should be no problem) and I am evaluating the options of getting it stamped in Toronto or Islamabad. I'll be in Pakistan for around 1-1.5 month. Any other suggestions, experiences?

Thanks

Hello SafdarAli and Web_guru2003,

I am assuming you made your appointments through NVARS. If yes, did you guys get a phone call prior to your appointment date that there will be administrative processing/background checks in your cases?

Thanks,

Stoned!

Visa Revalidation in Toronto...

Dear All,
Can you please help me with the following questions?

I am an Indian Citizen currently working in USA (for the last 4 years). Initially I was on L1B (my company told me I was not eligible for L1 extension hence they processed H1B) and Currently I am on H1B(for the last 2 and a half years). My Visa and I-94 are expiring in this July. I will be getting my Extension documents from CIS this month end.

I had my initial stamping for H1B on 2003 in Chennai Consulate. That time I did not go to consulate personally because my company sent all the documents on behalf of me and got the Visa stamped within 5 days. The question is Can I go to to Canada (Toronto) and revalidate my Visa this July? If yes what is the procedure to follow?

Your help is greatly appreciated!

Best regards
Raj.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you have a stamping from Chennai earlier, then you may try applying at Canada. Visit nvars.com for appointment and go thru past postings in this thread for documentation.

raj2618 said:
Dear All,
Can you please help me with the following questions?

I am an Indian Citizen currently working in USA (for the last 4 years). Initially I was on L1B (my company told me I was not eligible for L1 extension hence they processed H1B) and Currently I am on H1B(for the last 2 and a half years). My Visa and I-94 are expiring in this July. I will be getting my Extension documents from CIS this month end.

I had my initial stamping for H1B on 2003 in Chennai Consulate. That time I did not go to consulate personally because my company sent all the documents on behalf of me and got the Visa stamped within 5 days. The question is Can I go to to Canada (Toronto) and revalidate my Visa this July? If yes what is the procedure to follow?

Your help is greatly appreciated!

Best regards
Raj.

F-1 to H-1 with out OPT any help?

I was on F-1 when i came here in 2004 Spring. My employer filed my H-1B in june 2005. I got it approved on January 06. So there was no need to apply for OPT. I finished my MS in Apr 06.

Here is the problem. I have to attend my brothers wedding @the end of august in india. My employer started running my payroll from May 06. By august i will get my MS certificate also.

What is the best way to tackle this kind of situation. Just give up the wedding and stay here. or 3 pay stubs will be good enough to go for stamping.

I live in State of Hawaii Mexico/ canada/ India? which one is best?

Thanks alot for your help.

Last edited by a moderator:
H1B Stamping Done in Vancouver, Canada

Hi all,

Went to Vancouver Canada for H1B visa Renewal stamping on May 15th 2006....Got it with no hassels...It was pretty cool only one question, I believe he is a Desi he asked me to show the paycheck...in the interview and thats about it....

Pretty much everyone got visas.

My friend who came to USA on H1B (Desi Consultancy and No Masters) shifted to new employer(Microsoft) got his visa stamping done... he got visa for himself and his wife visa (H4) with no issues.....

They asked him to show the previous H1 and previous paystubs and Tax returns....thats it.

Important Info for people going to Vancouver, Canada

Dont take anykind of bags, they will not allow inside and just take your documents in file folders that should do it...dont take any phones etc things....they are not going to allow inside....

BUT ONE IMPORTANT THING IS if you forgot and bring something which they dont allow and if you dont know where to keep it outside....there is one CAFE just opposite to the consulate building.....i think the name is GOOD FELLAS CAFE its owned by a desi...and he keeps your stuff for $5(Canadian bucks).....

Even the security guards who work there will suggest you the same place.....to keep your stuff just in case if you bring anything for the interview which they dont allow.....

ok good luck guyz....

Need Help H1b Visa Stamping in Canada

Hello friends,

I completed my Masters in Dec 2004, and started working from May 2005. My H1 started in October. I want to go to Canada to get my H1B visa staming done. Please help me.

1. Which place is better to go (ottawa, Toronto,..)?
2. How do I get the Canada visitor visa, what are the requirements?
3. What is the checklist for US visa stamping?

Please kindly help me.

Thanks,
Regards,
K.

Stuck in security

safdarali said:
Any one stuck in security check in Toronto? I hope my case will be cleared soon. Last time in 2003 it took 9 days. I am almost there. Lets hope.
Send me email at nisar61ali@yahoo.com

I am stuck in toronto b/c of security check since Feb 21 , 2006 when i gave interview.........Still waiting in toronto.........dont know upto when......

Background:
pakistani, second H1B Stamp, 3 years in USA, no US Degree, common name

Any one please help with my situation! I am really confused right now as the time is running out.

Thanks in advance.
Kishore.

raja760 said:
Any one please help with my situation! I am really confused right now as the time is running out.

Thanks in advance.
Kishore.

You need to talk to a lawyer. When your H1 got approved, your status changed from F1 to H1 so your employer should have paid you from that day forward.

Any issues for Visa Stamping with Future H1 approval ?

I have a question. I just scheduled an appointmnet in Vancouver for Visa Stamping on July 13th. Here is my situation.

I am currently on 9th Yera H1 expiring in August 08, 2006. I have my 10th Year H1B approved and valid from Aug 09, 2006 to Aug 08, 2007.

Is there an issue with this kind of situation?

Landing and H1 visa stamping

Do you know anybody who completed landing as Candian PR and got H1 Stamping successfully at the same visit? I am planning to land and also go for H1 Stamping in toronto next week. Will there be any issue?

7/13 is too early for h1b beginning 8/9.
kbsyed61 said:
I have a question. I just scheduled an appointmnet in Vancouver for Visa Stamping on July 13th. Here is my situation.

I am currently on 9th Yera H1 expiring in August 08, 2006. I have my 10th Year H1B approved and valid from Aug 09, 2006 to Aug 08, 2007.

Is there an issue with this kind of situation?

rejection 221(g) issues

Hello

This was my second trip to the Toronto consulate . Initially I was given 221(g) by VO saying that he could not evaluate my
Indian degree. I have a BTECH from IIT , Mumbai. What is there to evaluate that. I went again by completing the evaluation and now the VO rejected me saying that I need to apply in home country as my case has been sent to
administrative processing. I have to fly back to Mumbai now.

I am confused now so as to what I should expect in Mumbai consulate. FYI , I am PR but VO told me that if case cannot be evaluated here then you need to go back to your country of citizenship which is still India even though I have a PR.