H1 Visa stamping experience- Canada

hi immiadvice,
I am planning to go to matamoros, mexico for h1b stamping.this is the 1sy time. I was on f1 before. I discontinued my degree. What kind of questions they might ask? did you know any body of that situation?

Pls help.
thanks

Hi Folks,

I ma going for stamping to matamoros, mexico. I am going for f1 to h1b. I didnt finish my degree. I discontinued it. Now i am a pharmacist.How do i answer the question at consulate If they ask why didnt you finish your degree?

Pls reply
thanks

I don't think they mail passports to address in the US, and also, you can not enter the US without your passport and visa anyway.
DSLstart said:
Do they mail / courier passport to address in the US or u've to be in Canada to receive it?

f1 to h1b.....stamping

Hi folks,

I am planning to go to mexico for stamping.
I converted from f1 to h1b. I didnt finish my schooling.i discontinued it. Now I am planning to go to mexico(matamoros) for stamping.
what r the questions I expect as I didn't finish my degree?
If they ask me ....if I am going to continue the degree later..what should i say?
What if we have previous problems with immigration...like rejects in the past?

did anybody get through with this situation?

Pls reply
nashok8

Dates?

Hey Guys,
Anyone knows what appointment dates are available currently at Ottawa/Toronto/Montreal?

thanks,
D S

There is parking around US embassy in Ottawa

Can anyone give some information about parking around US embassy? Do they allow parking outside the US embassy? is it free? if it is not, how much? If there is no parking, where is the nearest parking? since I will drive my car there and reserve a hotel a little far.

angelene said:
Can anyone give some information about parking around US embassy? Do they allow parking outside the US embassy? is it free? if it is not, how much? If there is no parking, where is the nearest parking? since I will drive my car there and reserve a hotel a little far.

What consulate r u going to

Still waiting..

hashraf said:
Fredie_h what happened to your case. it is really useful if ppl who had background check post once they get cleared. this gives better picture of how things are. I am in toronto waiting since march 16th for security clearance. the officer told me i have a very popular name and hence......yaada yaada

I'm still waiting for them to call me :(..

Info needed urgent pls...

Guys,
I'm planning to go to Ottawa consulate for stamping H1 (revalidation). I am Indian citizen. Do I need Canada's visa to enter if I'm flying there? Where do I get the visa? Would really appreciate if someone could post the information / link. Also any cheap hotels / motels nearby US embassy in Ottawa?
Also if I'm issued visa how long it usually takes to get my passport back?
thanks in advance.

D S

Last edited by a moderator:
stamped in toronto

Came back from Toronto yesterday. I had my appointment on Monday and was asked to show just my H1B approval letter and my employment letter. Got the passport back on Tuesday evening. The whole process was very smooth. My case: F1 - Coop - OPT - H1.

Anurag

Hey Anurag,
What visa did u had to get in order to land in Canada? do they (Canadian immi) issue temp visa if we give the reason that visit is just for stamping H1? did u collect ur passport back personally from consulate or they mail it?
Would appreciate your reply.

thanks,
D S
anurag_dwivedi said:
Came back from Toronto yesterday. I had my appointment on Monday and was asked to show just my H1B approval letter and my employment letter. Got the passport back on Tuesday evening. The whole process was very smooth. My case: F1 - Coop - OPT - H1.

DSLstart said:
Hey Anurag,
What visa did u had to get in order to land in Canada?
--You need a visitors visa to get there.
do they (Canadian immi) issue temp visa if we give the reason that visit is just for stamping H1?
--Yes, i told them that i will be vising canada to get my H1B stamped.

did u collect ur passport back personally from consulate or they mail it?
--I picked it up.

Would appreciate your reply.

thanks,
D S

H1B Stamping in Vancouver

Hello folks, if you have recently undergone a similar situation, please share your experiences with me.

I am trying to apply for a h1 stamp in vancouver this May. I was wondering if it is safe to go to Canada and get the stamping done...my h1 history is as follows

*Currently on the 6th Year of H1.
*Got 2 H1 stamps in my passports for previous companies.
*First h1 visa was stamped in Vancouver.
*Second h1 visa was stamped in Mumbai.
*Last H1 stamp in passport (for Company A) expired a year back.
*Current h1 approval in hand from Company B.
*All relevant experience from US in addition to a MS from US.

Since Mumbai consulate is backed up till August, I need to make a decision whether it is safe to go to Vancover to get h1 stamped. In the event I do not get a stamping, I have to return to India where I will not be able to get an appointment for 3/4 months... Your inputs are appreciated.

Thanks!

crazy_apple said:
Hello folks, if you have recently undergone a similar situation, please share your experiences with me.

I am trying to apply for a h1 stamp in vancouver this May. I was wondering if it is safe to go to Canada and get the stamping done...my h1 history is as follows

*Currently on the 6th Year of H1.
*Got 2 H1 stamps in my passports for previous companies.
*First h1 visa was stamped in Vancouver.
*Second h1 visa was stamped in Mumbai.
*Last H1 stamp in passport (for Company A) expired a year back.
*Current h1 approval in hand from Company B.
*All relevant experience from US in addition to a MS from US.

Since Mumbai consulate is backed up till August, I need to make a decision whether it is safe to go to Vancover to get h1 stamped. In the event I do not get a stamping, I have to return to India where I will not be able to get an appointment for 3/4 months... Your inputs are appreciated.

Thanks!

Theoretically, it seems there should not be problems since you have already got one stamping from Vancouver.

Info needed pls

Guys,
I'm planning to go to Ottawa for stamping. Those who've been there could you please post some information on hotel/motels nearby consulate. Also where to get Visa fees (Scotia bank nearby) and how to get from airport to hotel etc..

thanks,
D S

DSLstart said:
Guys,
I'm planning to go to Ottawa consulate for stamping H1 (revalidation). I am Indian citizen. Do I need Canada's visa to enter if I'm flying there? Where do I get the visa? Would really appreciate if someone could post the information / link. Also any cheap hotels / motels nearby US embassy in Ottawa?
Also if I'm issued visa how long it usually takes to get my passport back?
thanks in advance.

D S
Yes, you do need visa to enter Canada.
I am applying at the Canadian embassy in Washington DC. Check the website for Canadian embassy near you.
I have been told that Quality Inn is very good and walking distance from the US embassy. They charge about $100 US dollars.
Thanks

Apnet43

Hi Apnet43,
Thanks for that info.
Could you also please let me know where to get the Scotia bank draft, I mean is it somewhere nearby that Quality inn hotel....
thanks,
D S

apnet43 said:
Yes, you do need visa to enter Canada.
I am applying at the Canadian embassy in Washington DC. Check the website for Canadian embassy near you.
I have been told that Quality Inn is very good and walking distance from the US embassy. They charge about $100 US dollars.
Thanks

Could someboady tell me how long is the wait for getting an interview at US Consulate in Toronto?

thanks
ind

indigc123

indigc123,
I checked on friday and Toronto was booked till June 7th. Toronto gets booked pretty quickly, you might want to book the date you want by logging on around 12:00 am EST.

thanks,
D S
indgc123 said:
Could someboady tell me how long is the wait for getting an interview at US Consulate in Toronto?

thanks
ind