H1 Visa stamping experience- Canada

samikhan1 said:
Hi,
I am a pakistani citizen and my first h-1b has expired on my passport.
The first h-1b i got stamped in Pakistan in 2003.
I want to stamp my second h-1b in canada but i am not sure about the procedure and how long it will take for a pakistani.
I have an undergrad degree from the US and have been working here 4 years.
Should i go to Canada where i have heard it takes 1-2 days or should i go back to Pakistan where it could take up to 2 months?
I appreciate any help and advise.
Thanks
Sami
Sami,
Read the thread from the beginning or just go through whatever I posted.

please help anyone

Is it possible to schedule a visa appointment in toronto for H1B when petition is still in process to get an early appointment date.Do they require WAC no. or any other info while scheduling appointment.
thanks

fbhatti,

Thank you for your posting. I have tracked all your post and it is really helpfull and I am glad you got cleared finally.
My wife and I are planning to land in a few weeks to Vancouver. My question is, can we use the automatic revalidation rule within 30days since both of us have the expired visa on passport but valid I-94, I-797 and clear history here? I remember you said you went to the boarder at the first time and be sent back because you passed 30 days, did you ask them specifically that 30days rule still applies?
Your response is really appreciated.
thanks
fbhatti said:
Sami,
Read the thread from the beginning or just go through whatever I posted.

Kahada said:
fbhatti,

Thank you for your posting. I have tracked all your post and it is really helpfull and I am glad you got cleared finally.
My wife and I are planning to land in a few weeks to Vancouver. My question is, can we use the automatic revalidation rule within 30days since both of us have the expired visa on passport but valid I-94, I-797 and clear history here? I remember you said you went to the boarder at the first time and be sent back because you passed 30 days, did you ask them specifically that 30days rule still applies?
Your response is really appreciated.
thanks
Yes 30 day revalidation rule is still valid. Somewhere in the thread you'll find official link to the Homeland security site which talks about the revalidation.
You can come back within 30 days provided you have not visited any US consulate and has not applied for non immigrant visa. It doesnt matter if you have an expired visa, you are OK as long as you have valid I-94 and I-797.
Lemme know if you have any questions/concerns.

Regards

H4 to H1 stamping in Canada

Hi

My wife changed her status in US from H4 to H1. She is currently working as an Intern on H1B visa status.

Is my wife allowed to go for H1B stamping at US Consulate in Canada?

Thanks
ind

Quick question about H1 revalidation ( 8 th year)

I just got approved for 8th year H1 extension. I do not have Canadian Green card. My Visa and original I-94 were expired on SEP 04. I live in Detroit , Can I goto Toronto to get Visa stamp for all family members. I need to go to India next month . Which is better to go to Chennai or to go Toronto by taking vistor visa for all family and get stamped ... Can somebody reply.... Thanks in advance

H1 stamping in Canada – Ottawa

Hi need help,

I am in USA since from Nov 1999 (this is my 6th year with out GC or extension in hand) and I have all Pay stubs and valid I-94(s) and I-797(s) also.
After I entered in to this country I didn’t crossed any border too (no India trips also).
My story is, I applied 2 times for revalidation and I got it.
When in JUN2004 when I applied again for revalidation (the cut off date is JULY16th)
This time I didn’t.
I got all my PP and Employer letter along with a letter from INS stating that “we are unable to issue your visa at this time you need to go to your parent or any USA consulate to get the visa” but they didn’t marked any option under that or any correction on my PP also.
My concern is:
1) Is any risk of not getting visa at Ottawa with this condition?
2) Do I need to mention it on 156 this for question 31(Have You Ever Been Refused a U.S. Visa?).
3) I miss placed that paper that they sent with my PP, so is any way I can get that copy(!!!!)?

I appreciate any help.

Thank You – Jith

indgc123 said:
Hi

My wife changed her status in US from H4 to H1. She is currently working as an Intern on H1B visa status.

Is my wife allowed to go for H1B stamping at US Consulate in Canada?

Thanks
ind
Who is holding her H1..?? Is it the same company for which she is doing her intership..?? How long has she been on H1.

dimple2001 said:
It should not be a major issue since you already have a prior visa history on your passport.

You will need an appointment at the US consulate and you will need a visitor visa to enter Canada. You can obtain the Canadian visitor visa by mail or person. Applying in person takes few hours at the Canadian consulate.

The US visa renewal normally is claimed to take 3 working days, however, they seem to complete the process in 2 working days.
Thank you very much for your quick replay dimple2001.
I took that it's on May 19th @9:30 am.
As a desi mind set still, my fear is, if not condition is worrying me more.

Is any body has or know the same type of experience?

-Jith.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, fbhatti.

fbhatti said:
Yes 30 day revalidation rule is still valid. Somewhere in the thread you'll find official link to the Homeland security site which talks about the revalidation.
You can come back within 30 days provided you have not visited any US consulate and has not applied for non immigrant visa. It doesnt matter if you have an expired visa, you are OK as long as you have valid I-94 and I-797.
Lemme know if you have any questions/concerns.

Regards

Hi fbhatti,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, my wife works for the same company for which she obtained her H1B visa. She started working as an Intern since Dec 01 2004. Earlier to H1B, she was on H4 status.

thanks
ind

jillendula said:
Thank you very much for your quick replay dimple2001.
I took that it's on May 19th @9:30 am.
As a desi mind set still, my fear is, if not condition is worrying me more.

Is any body has or know the same type of experience?

-Jith.
Hello,
regarding your question to ds 156 question of refusal of visa issue i would like to say that the statement issued had merely asked you to go to us consulate or home country and it didnot mean that they refused you visa. so you could safely write that you have never been refused a visa. please call the 900/888 number on the amcits.com and ask them with any queries you have, they may charge like $ 1.50 per minute, but i feel it is very helpful. you could give your reference number and talk to them and get help in filling the form. hope this helps. best wishes

indgc123 said:
Hi fbhatti,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, my wife works for the same company for which she obtained her H1B visa. She started working as an Intern since Dec 01 2004. Earlier to H1B, she was on H4 status.

thanks
ind
The only tricky thing in your wife's case is her position with the company. I am not sure how would consulate people react after finding out that your wife is working as an intern. Is there any surity that she would be offered a full time position with that company after she completes her internship.
Maybe I dont understand the whole situation here. That company sponsored your wife, filed her H1 and now she is working as an intern. What is INTERN, is it internship(temporary job) or a perm position as an office intern.
Can you clarify on that..
Regards

Devotee said:
Hello,
regarding your question to ds 156 question of refusal of visa issue i would like to say that the statement issued had merely asked you to go to us consulate or home country and it didnot mean that they refused you visa. so you could safely write that you have never been refused a visa. please call the 900/888 number on the amcits.com and ask them with any queries you have, they may charge like $ 1.50 per minute, but i feel it is very helpful. you could give your reference number and talk to them and get help in filling the form. hope this helps. best wishes
Hello Devotee,
Thank You for your reply.
Definetly i will call them.
Any idea of my 3rd point?
-Jith.

fredie_h

Fredie_h what happened to your case. it is really useful if ppl who had background check post once they get cleared. this gives better picture of how things are. I am in toronto waiting since march 16th for security clearance. the officer told me i have a very popular name and hence......yaada yaada

Hi FBHATTI,

Could you please shed more light on it as to why the US consulate questions on her position?

Actually, my wife is currently working as a pharmacy intern for a big chain pharmacy store. According to the offer letter given by the employer, my wife need to complete internship and take license exam to become a full time employee as a Pharmacist. Currently, she get paid by hour.

Otherwise, can she go to the US Consulate in Chennai for stamping? We just want to make that we don't run into a risk of visa rejection at any consulate.

thanks
ind

Last edited by a moderator:
indgc123 said:
Hi FBHATTI,

Could you please shed more light on it as to why the US consulate questions on her position?

Actually, my wife is currently working as a pharmacy intern for a big chain pharmacy store. According to the offer letter given by the employer, my wife need to complete internship and take license exam to become a full time employee as a Pharmacist. Currently, she get paid by hour.

Otherwise, can she go to the US Consulate in Chennai for stamping? We just want to make that we don't run into a risk of visa rejection at any consulate.

thanks
ind

I do not know that would be a cause of getting rejection. Consular may ask her questions regarding her position and what she does, etc. She may have to show I129 (which will show that her position is hourly). also consular may ask for a letter from employer (which says that they intend to continue her employment after she comes back from her visit to Canada\India).
I would suggest waiting until she is a full time employee if you can.