H1 Visa stamping experience- Canada

stuckincouver said:
mine was 8th year h1b extension, interviewed on 18th of dec at the vancouver consulate. was given a white paper stating that further processing is required. haven’t heard anything yet. am still waiting in vancouver.

Was issued 221g at Vancouver on Dec 28,06 .Was given a white paper which says that the consulate will contact me when ready for further action.Used AP to come back to US after attorneys advice

i am going to Ottawa for H1 b stamping ( as precaution taking my AP with me )
1.Does one need to tell consulater officer about AP ( mine is NIW self petioned with approved 140) or in case of problem just come back on AP
2. did you have any problems while coming back on AP

lalalala said:
i am going to Ottawa for H1 b stamping ( as precaution taking my AP with me )
1.Does one need to tell consulater officer about AP ( mine is NIW self petioned with approved 140) or in case of problem just come back on AP
2. did you have any problems while coming back on AP

No need to discuss with VO.Just come back on AP.Carry I-485 receipt notice

I'm staying in Tampa, Florida. I want to go for OPT-H1b stamping.
I have booked for in Vancouder some time back on Jan 8th.
I want to cancel that. After reading some, decided to go to Ottawa, Canada.
If i reschedule a slot in Canda, would i need to pay 9.95 again?
In that can I want to do it again...after properly finanialing.

Can anyone clear my doubt..if i will be charged again if i reschedule my slot. In that case i just want to cancel the appointment.

Vancouver is not a good choice?

stuckincouver said:
mine was 8th year h1b extension, interviewed on 18th of dec at the vancouver consulate. was given a white paper stating that further processing is required. haven’t heard anything yet. am still waiting in vancouver.

My case is also 8th year h1b extension like yours. I had an appointment in Vancouver but decided to change after reading your post. Extension should be the easiest one, not the first time h1b. How come?
I had my 7th extension in Ottawa and there was hardly any question asked. This time I got Calgary. I hope it will go smoothly...

In general, Vancouver is the worst one to pick? seems like so many rejections. Hope you can get the visa soon! Good luck.

Sucessful H1 & H4 stamping in Vancouver

We had sucessful VISA stamping on Dec 28th, the only documents we had to show to the VO were recent paystubs!!!!

bk77 said:
Hello,

I need to complete Canadian permanent residency landing formality before Feb'07. I'm working in US on valid H1-B for a public company, but my visa stamp expired in Oct'06. I'm in my 7th year of H1 and have an approved H1 extension valid till Oct'07. I have read before that if we have valid 797, we can enter canada and return back into US even without a valid H1-B stamp. I want to ask this forum if this is valid. If I go to Canada, do I need to get stamping done there before entering back to US? Can anyone please point me to related information? Thank you all.

bk77

It depends which country are you from, please read the following links: DOS and UPENN.

Can I return to US using my I-797 H1-B approval?

I was put on administrative processing on Dec 18 2006 at Vancouver. This was my first H-1B stamping (my case was F1-OPT-H1B-H1B(transfer)). The VO has put a 'Canceled without prejudice stamp' on my F1 visa. But can I return using the I-797 H-1B approval since I have been in Canada for less than 30 days. I read a lot of posts where guys have returned even though they were put on admin processing ? Please advice!!!! Thanks

Green card application while on OPT!!!

Is it possible to apply for the green card when you are on OPT/CPT? If yes, does it ruin the chances of success?
Thanks

Canadian temporary visa question

I have a quick question about applying for a Canadian temporary visa, for H1B stamping. When asked for purpose of trip, should I answer "for H1B stamping" or "simply for tourist/sightseeing purposes"? Any insights would be deeply appreciated! Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Attornies help with secuirty checks

Friends,

I was stuck for 2 months in 2003 when i appeared to stamping in chennai, india. planning to visit again for my revalidation and i am assuming i have to go through the security check again. Does anyone know any attorney who can help with this situation? Can they find out in advance whether i will be subjected to security check or not, if so, can they get it done before i go and appear for interview? :confused:

Thanks.

user28 said:
Friends,

I was stuck for 2 months in 2003 when i appeared to stamping in chennai, india. planning to visit again for my revalidation and i am assuming i have to go through the security check again. Does anyone know any attorney who can help with this situation? Can they find out in advance whether i will be subjected to security check or not, if so, can they get it done before i go and appear for interview? :confused:

Thanks.

sweet wishes mate... We all hope it worked that logically.
Unfortuantely, nobody can help. The process can only start when you go and apply for the visa.

I don't know why no noise was made when they discontinued the domestic visa revalidation in 2004. That was one good thing for the revalidation cases. May be we should contact our state legilators and related House and Senate committees about reinstating that program.

Your answers are already given..

samia said:
I was put on administrative processing on Dec 18 2006 at Vancouver. This was my first H-1B stamping (my case was F1-OPT-H1B-H1B(transfer)). The VO has put a 'Canceled without prejudice stamp' on my F1 visa. But can I return using the I-797 H-1B approval since I have been in Canada for less than 30 days. I read a lot of posts where guys have returned even though they were put on admin processing ? Please advice!!!! Thanks

Please read the information that "manwithnoname" provided in the post (just the last post above your own post). It is not possible to travel back if one has applied for a visa in the consulate.

could you share your information and why you think you were put on the name check? Usually Muslim Males with common names are highly likely for these check. Do you fit that category or we got something special here?

Hi a101

I had my H-1B visa intv on Dec 18 at Vancouver. The desi VO asked me the standard docs- paystubs, degree, transcripts, OPT card and asked me about my job and company. I work as as a software developer for a big company in Ohio. At the end of the intv, he tells me everything is OK but there needs to be administrative processing on my case. He handed me back all the docs and only took a photocopy of my biodata page of my Indian Passport. I am assuming its a name issue because he was not willing to tell me what the problem is. He gave me a white sheet that mentions something about further admin processing required. So I am stuck in Vancouver. Did anyone have a similar experience at Vancouver?

feedback

forgive my ignorance , the people who are getting stuck in Canada or India during H1b processing are getting stuck
1. because of name check, security issue or just by luck any one can get stuck
2. what is this 221 or administrative processing
3. if by chance one is stuck on Canada or India for H1b revalidation or new H1b transfer , is it okay to come back to US on AP, any future implecations Especailly if this happens in US consulate in India

a101 said:
sweet wishes mate... We all hope it worked that logically.
Unfortuantely, nobody can help. The process can only start when you go and apply for the visa.

I don't know why no noise was made when they discontinued the domestic visa revalidation in 2004. That was one good thing for the revalidation cases. May be we should contact our state legilators and related House and Senate committees about reinstating that program.

Friends,

I came across an attorney who can help partially with these security checks. Even that seems to be very helpful. If anyone want to know more details, send me an e-mail.

Please note that, this is for people who are planning to appear for visa and think they are likely to get stuck, not for people who are already appeared and under admin processing.

Thanks.

Please read

Can you kindly let us know if you are male muslim with common name. If not did you complete your Masters, were you out of status. Please kindly let us know, I starting to feel the pressure.

samia said:
Hi a101

I had my H-1B visa intv on Dec 18 at Vancouver. The desi VO asked me the standard docs- paystubs, degree, transcripts, OPT card and asked me about my job and company. I work as as a software developer for a big company in Ohio. At the end of the intv, he tells me everything is OK but there needs to be administrative processing on my case. He handed me back all the docs and only took a photocopy of my biodata page of my Indian Passport. I am assuming its a name issue because he was not willing to tell me what the problem is. He gave me a white sheet that mentions something about further admin processing required. So I am stuck in Vancouver. Did anyone have a similar experience at Vancouver?

samia,

Yes it does appear to be a name check thing.. but I wonder why they wanted to hide that? Some others have shared the experience where VO would tell that its namecheck thingy...

I understand your name, religion and these details are private info but if u feel ok, sharing that, it would be helpful.
Thanks!
samia said:
Hi a101

I had my H-1B visa intv on Dec 18 at Vancouver. The desi VO asked me the standard docs- paystubs, degree, transcripts, OPT card and asked me about my job and ....QUOTE]