H1 Visa Stamp Interview

Sanjeev Kumar

Hi,

I am planning to go to the US Embassy in Delhi to get my H1B Visa stamped for the first time. I wanted to find out what sorts of questions I should expect at the Personal Interview.

I also read someplace that all non-immigrant visa applicants have to convince the interviewer that they have no intention of immigrating to the US. Since H1 is a non-immigrant visa, will I be asked about this? I am worried since I have already started my green card processing. This might make the interviewer skeptical.

Thanks in advance,
Sanjeev

Although H-1 B is a dual intent, many officers do ask if you want to permanently settle in US or come back to India after your H-1 time is over. It's up to you how to answer that !!

good find...

that is a good find rsemwal.. But I am not able to find the relevant section on non requirement of immigrant intent...

Last edited by a moderator:
jaxen,

Following is an excerpt from the link.

"With the exception of the H-1 and L-1, applicants may also need to show proof of binding ties to a residence outside the United States which they have no intention of abandoning. It is impossible to specify the exact form the evidence should take since applicants' circumstances vary greatly. "

It clearly implies that H-1 visa does not need to show any evidence of non immigration intent.

Good find...

Missed it. It is under Other Documentation paragraph. Good work rsemwal .:)

Recent H-1 stamp Delhi

Hi Sanjeev

I’m interested in knowing how your experience was with the consulate in Delhi. Did your H-1 visa get stamped without problems, and what unique questions or documents you were asked.

Thanks
Shefali