H1 Visa Stamp in US

fmu27pk

Hi All,

The H1 visa stamped on my passport expired on July 2000. But I got the extension of H1 before July 2000 with a new I-94. This new I-94 has expiry date July 2003.

Now I want to travel abroad back to my home country for a month. Keeping in view the present situation, I do not want to take any risk. Is is possible that an new H1 visa can be stamped on my passport. i heard that you can send your passport to St. Louis to stamp the visa. But it has a problem. I was reading on H1B1.com about this and they have mentioned that the old stamp should not have been expired more than a year.

Can anyone suggest what should I do? Earlt reply would really be appreciated.

Thanks.

No Title

1. Go to canada or mexico and get a stamp and get back in immediately
see the borderpost program info in
http://travel.state.gov/visa_services.html
2. get the stamp in your home country and then come back (Should not be problem, except for time spent)
Do not forget that you need all documents as if it is the first interview (LC, paystubs, employer letter) etc.

H1B stamping in USA

Hi, I want to get my H1B visa stamped from St. Louis. I was filling up the form DS-156. In that form there is a column requesting National Identification number, what am I supposed to write in that column. Should I mention my Passport number in it or the Social Security number. Please advise.