H1 Visa Revalidation Experiences - Mumbai Consulate

Visa interview dates in mumbai - very imp

Thanx Subramanya ....

However do I need HDFC check number for visa appointment online. I m in USA and I thought the only thing one needed to secure appointment is passport number ...

can u send me the link to the required details

Thanx

Visa Appointment

However do I need HDFC check number for visa appointment online. I m in USA and I thought the only thing one needed to secure appointment is passport number ...

can u send me the link to the required details

Hi,

Log on onto vfs-usa.co.in and the menu bar on top will give all the necessary information to seek an appointment

Further info. Visit the forum

Subramanya

Thanx Subramanya

Tell me something I see in Delhi and Calcutta the visa interview dates are available fro August and October 2006... can I go ahead and give interview there

Thanx

Visa Appointment

Tell me something I see in Delhi and Calcutta the visa interview dates are available fro August and October 2006... can I go ahead and give interview there

Hi,

---- Yes, if you are working in the US you can seek an appointment in any Consulate in India including Kolkata and New Delhi

Hope you get the appointment dates you want and more important the visa stamp you are seeking

Subramanya

URGENT-h4 QUESTION!

My Spouse Has An Appt For H4 Visa. I Have Approved H1b Petition But A Expired H1b Visa Stamp. Do I Need A Unexpired H1b Visa Stamp For My Wife To Get H4 Or Just H1b Approved Petition Will Do? Pls Helppp...this Is Urgent!!!

Rescheduling

Hi,

I have a question on rescheduling an appt.
I have a confirmed appt at Mumbai for first week of Oct and want to reschedule depending on availability of dates. When I go to VFS website, it asks to confirm the rescheduling. What happens when you confirm the rescheduling: Do you get to check other dates available while keeping your appt or your confirm appt is revoked and then you check and take what is available?

Please let me know.

Thanks in advance

Emergency appt

Hi,

Does my H1 status suffice for taking an emergency appointment? Or do I have to justify my need of travel also?

Please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Planning To Go To India

irislogic said:
I am looking for an appointment in 2nd week of August.

PLEASE LET ME KNOW YOUR EXPERIENCE AT MUMBAI CONSULATE FOR REVALIDATING VISAS.I HAVE MY LC PROCESS IN PENDING. I WANT TO GO INDIA IN 2007 DEC. I HAVE MY H1-VISA VALID TILL SEP 2007. I WILL APPLY IN JAN 2007 FOR 7TH YEAR EXTENSION. I AM SITH FAMILY(HUSBAN AND TWO KIDA). I AM ALSO PLANNING TO GET STAMPING BUT I AM AFRAID. I AM CONFUSED FROM WHERE IT WILL BE EASIER? CANADA, MEXICO OR INDIA? AFTER YOU GET YOUR EXPERIENCE IN STAMPING PLEASE EMAIL ME AT CDPATEL9998@YAHOO.COM.

Planning To Go To India

vaish said:
Hi

I wanted to go for my visa renewal in mumbai counsulate and I m seeing that dates are available as of January 2007... is this true... can somebody confirm... Is there like a 4/5 mth wait period . This is for H1B visa renewal... Please help
PLEASE LET ME KNOW YOUR EXPERIENCE AT MUMBAI CONSULATE FOR REVALIDATING VISAS.I HAVE MY LC PROCESS IN PENDING. I WANT TO GO INDIA IN 2007 DEC. I HAVE MY H1-VISA VALID TILL SEP 2007. I WILL APPLY IN JAN 2007 FOR 7TH YEAR EXTENSION. I AM SITH FAMILY(HUSBAN AND TWO KIDA). I AM ALSO PLANNING TO GET STAMPING BUT I AM AFRAID. I AM CONFUSED FROM WHERE IT WILL BE EASIER? CANADA, MEXICO OR INDIA? AFTER YOU GET YOUR EXPERIENCE IN STAMPING PLEASE EMAIL ME AT CDPATEL9998@YAHOO.COM.

My wife changed from H4 to H1, recently. She had to leave for India to attend a family emergency. She needs to get an H1 stamping. My question is:

Does she qualify to go to any consulate in India. The web site seems to indicate in certain places, that this option is only possible for those extending their H1. Can someone clarify?

I called up the VFS numbers listed on the web site. They said that she needed to go to the Mumbai consulate only. Nevertheless, we booked for Delhi, given that Delhi was the only one with immediate appointments available. And she got her Visa, without any problems. They didnt ask her why she had come to delhi rather than bombay. So for someone in a similar boat, it should be ok to go to any of the four consulates.

kartik59 said:
I called up the VFS numbers listed on the web site. They said that she needed to go to the Mumbai consulate only. Nevertheless, we booked for Delhi, given that Delhi was the only one with immediate appointments available. And she got her Visa, without any problems. They didnt ask her why she had come to delhi rather than bombay. So for someone in a similar boat, it should be ok to go to any of the four consulates.

Kartik,

Can you please share experience of your wife's visa stamping at Delhi? I am planning to book Delhi consulate even though i am from Andhrapradesh and working in US right now.

Appreciate your help.

H4 Visa Revalidation

Hi Guys,

My wife will be going to India Early next year for visa re-validation. She will be going alone and I will staying back here in US. I am on my 7th year ext. I was going through the requirements for Visa Revali. , there it says that you have to carry entrire marriage photograph album, is that correct and also since we are on 7th year and I just have labor approved and my I140 is still in process....i don't know whether it will be approved by the time she goes back...Are they going to ask her if you have any plans to settle down permanently in US , If yes what's she suppose to answer?

Please suggest...

Thanks,

H4 visa revalidation for my wife

Hello All,

My wife will be going to india and she will need to have her visa revalidate in India. I read some where on web sites that once Indian citizen is out side of India then they can go to any consulate for visa revalidation.

Just want to make sure this is correct or any of you have any input in this regard.

Thanks

Visa revalidation on Sept 28th

We have got our visa revalidated yesterday. Here are the details..

Appointment:
- Got receipts from HDFC bank (needed copy of first two pages of passport)
- Got H1B approval petition details.
- Filled application on VFS site
- Scheduled the earliest available date (Jan 8th). This was a big mistake. It's better to not a book a date unless it's in your target range as earlier slots will keep getting free. They allow just one cancellation.
- Checked the dates for VFS web site for a few days and got frustated. Contacted a local travel agent and handed over the details. The agent cancelled the scheduled date and gave me a call each time a date was available in the vicinity of my intended range.
- One fine day I was checking the available dates and yep.. it was there. called the agent and he had already booked it for me.

Interview:
- I reached Mumbai consulate before an hour and was told by the guards to come after 30 mins. Got in line after 30 mins and in next 30 mins I was inside the consulate.
- Electronics, food items, bags etc. are not allowed inside.
- Got application papers etc. and went through fingerprinting, got a token and sat down for 1:30 hr wait. Normally the wait time is less but due to lunch time (12 pm - 1pm), it was longer.
- The interviewer asked some questions regarding company, what I do in the company etc. We had to do show no original papers and 'visa is approved'.
- Got passport with visa today (the next day) by courier.

bplboy said:
Hello All,

My wife will be going to india and she will need to have her visa revalidate in India. I read some where on web sites that once Indian citizen is out side of India then they can go to any consulate for visa revalidation.

Just want to make sure this is correct or any of you have any input in this regard.

Thanks

Yes, you can. If you are india citizen and currently resident of US, you can go to any of four US consulates.

This is what VFS website says

https://www.vfs-usa.co.in/ApplnForms/RulesAndFees/ConsularDistrict.aspx

If you are resident in India, you are required to appear for an interview at the visa section having jurisdiction over the territory where you have been resident during the past six months.

Indian citizens resident in the USA on work permit and applying for a new visa to replace an expiring visa can request an appointment at any of the four visa sections.

ciril99 said:
Indian citizens resident in the USA on work permit and applying for a new visa to replace an expiring visa can request an appointment at any of the four visa sections.

Do you know if H-1 B visa holders who are going for re-val automoatically qualify for the "Emergency Appointment"? I hate the whole scheduling process it is almost impossible to plan a trip with the way the dates are, has anyone used the emergency appointment feature with them?

H-1 Re-stamping qualifies for Emergency Appointment

clzeus10 said:
Do you know if H-1 B visa holders who are going for re-val automoatically qualify for the "Emergency Appointment"? I hate the whole scheduling process it is almost impossible to plan a trip with the way the dates are, has anyone used the emergency appointment feature with them?

If you already have a H-1 B stamp on your passport and you travel to India to renew your H-1 (Stamped H-1 expired and new I-797 issued), then you are eligible for the Emergency Appointment.

VFS has mentioned this on their website as well. Click on the "Estimated Time for Visa Appointment" link and then click on Emergency Appointment.

Documents

Can somebody give me a list of documents that I need to send to Mumbai consulate ahead of a scheduled interview (original or copy)

I understand that these need to reach there 5 working days in advance. Please confirm.
thanks