H1 Visa Revalidation Experiences - Mumbai Consulate

bharat76 said:
hi

I work in US and belong to Andhra. I am planning to take an appointment in Mumbai for my stamping (since chennai has dates only in November).

Is it possible to select an appointment date in August if i book an appointment today in Mumbai consulate?
Since I am working in US, is it OK to take an "Emergency Appointment" in chennai?

Thanks for your help.

Bharat

I also have a question about this, as we are working in the US, do we by default qualify for the emergency appointment?

Has anyone tried that method? As it is utterly impossible to plan for an appointment 4 months in advance before one even goes back, not to mention the whole logistics of the HDFC receipt and all that which can't be done when you are here.

This is what it states on the website under Emergency appointments

H and L visa renewals for applicants who are already working in the U.S and are returning to their jobs.

Anyone who has used this method, please shed some light on this issue.

I would agree that it is a pain to do the HDFC receipt thing; wish there was a way to do this online like nvars.com
VFS guys are you listening?
clzeus10 said:
I also have a question about this, as we are working in the US, do we by default qualify for the emergency appointment?

Has anyone tried that method? As it is utterly impossible to plan for an appointment 4 months in advance before one even goes back, not to mention the whole logistics of the HDFC receipt and all that which can't be done when you are here.

This is what it states on the website under Emergency appointments

Anyone who has used this method, please shed some light on this issue.

rescheduling appt

hi all

are we allowed to reschedule appt. for visa stamping after our papers reach the mumbai consulate?

thanks in advance
dhm2002

Rescheduling

are we allowed to reschedule appt. for visa stamping after our papers reach the mumbai consulate?

Dear DHM2002

You can certainly reschedule an appointment by only to a later date. You cannot however advance it to an earlier date as it was possible previously. The rescheduling is permitted if appointment dates are available

This rescheduling can be done only once and the second time onwards you'll have to cancel your appointment and seek a fresh appointment with fresh dates (the fees paid can be retained for all appointments till a few days before the interview date. In the case of US Consulate in Mumbai the cut off date is 5 days before the interview date, for New Delhi it is 2 days before the scheduled date of interview)

Hope this helps. Otherwise just query the forum once again.

Subramanya

Keep checking the VFS website for updates and email VFS with all queries. They do reply quite promptly

subramanya said:

Dear DHM2002

You can certainly reschedule an appointment by only to a later date. You cannot however advance it to an earlier date as it was possible previously. The rescheduling is permitted if appointment dates are available

This rescheduling can be done only once and the second time onwards you'll have to cancel your appointment and seek a fresh appointment with fresh dates (the fees paid can be retained for all appointments till a few days before the interview date. In the case of US Consulate in Mumbai the cut off date is 5 days before the interview date, for New Delhi it is 2 days before the scheduled date of interview)

Hope this helps. Otherwise just query the forum once again.

Subramanya

Keep checking the VFS website for updates and email VFS with all queries. They do reply quite promptly

thank you subramanya for your reply

i have taken an appt in Nov. at mumbai but would prefer to reschedule in Dec. christmas school vacation ( my kid is going to miss some school time in nov. and its going to be really short trip but in christmas vacation they get 2 weeks of holiday). Right now the only dec dates they show are in the beginning of the month which is of no use. So I took nov. I have not yet mailed my forms and other stuff to them. From your reply it is clear that EVEN AFTER I mail them the papers I can reschedule.

Am I correct?
pls confirm
thanks

dhm2002

Rescheduling

Dear DHM

Once again yes, all you may have to fo is resent the papers ons=ce the new appointment is confirmed on the website. While sending enclose the latest letter of appointment and write a brief note that you rescheduled your appointment and resubmitting the papers again.

On the day of interview carry this letter along. This will help avoid unwanted questioning and and your honesty and genuinity will be known.

Any doubts, drop a line

Subramanya

H1/H4 Interview in Mumbai.

Hi,

I am on my 7th year H1b and have 8th year extension as well. Visa on my passport expired on Sept. 2005. Would appreciate if someone can respond to my queries below:

1. I have 2 I-797's. One valid upto Sept. 2006 and the other one upto Sept. 2007. Will the consulate stamp upto Sept. 2007 ?

2. I have scheduled an interview for July 13th. My wife and children's interview was scheduled earlier and have an appointment for August 10th. Since my family is H4 category, do you think consulate will take all of us on July 13th ? Should I contact VFS for that ?

3. Lastly, I have Canadian immigration visa stamped on my PP. Will that create any problems in H1B Stamping ?

Thanks
Sameer

H1 - emergency appointment in Mumbai

Folks - I checked the vfs web site and it shows that the estimated earliest emergency appointment in Mumbai is in Nov. I am on an H1 and in the US currently, so I qualify for it, but 5 months for an emergency appt makes no sense. The dates are the same for a regular appt as well.

I checked this link for "Visa wait times" at the Mumbai embassy and it shows a wait time of 21 days for an appt for H1 and is supposedly updated weekly.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/temp/wait/tempvisitors_wait_result.php?post=Mumbai+(Bombay)&x=73&y=15

I haven't yet paid the visa fees, so I can't get past a certain point in the online appt making process. Has anyone does so recently and if so what dates did you get?
Thx

Swamy

Swamy2 said:
Folks - I checked the vfs web site and it shows that the estimated earliest emergency appointment in Mumbai is in Nov. I am on an H1 and in the US currently, so I qualify for it, but 5 months for an emergency appt makes no sense. The dates are the same for a regular appt as well.

I checked this link for "Visa wait times" at the Mumbai embassy and it shows a wait time of 21 days for an appt for H1 and is supposedly updated weekly.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/temp/wait/tempvisitors_wait_result.php?post=Mumbai+(Bombay)&x=73&y=15

I haven't yet paid the visa fees, so I can't get past a certain point in the online appt making process. Has anyone does so recently and if so what dates did you get?
Thx

Hi
the visa wait times on Mumbai consulate website and vfs don't seem to match. Even if you pay your fees right now that is valid for one year. every once in a while they do show july, august dates for emergency but you have to keep checking the website every hour or sometimes half hour too. so go ahead and pay your fees and then you can be ready. I recently took appt in november, got tired of waiting

dhm2002

Swamy2 said:

Thx

Swamy

Just pay the fees and keep checking website few times a day. They open the slot once times are available. Good Luck!

Question about emergency appointment Mumbai

Hi all,

I didn't turn in my app. to the VFS on time for my actual scheduled interview, and so they canceled my interview. I have got a new emergency appointment for 20th July. My job resumes on the 10th. (I teach at a college in the US, and have been doing so on valid I-797 for more than a year!)

This time I have submitted my docs to the VFS on time.
Has anyone had a similar experience? What problems/questioning should I expect during the interview?

Please help! I will greatly appreciate it.

VFS website?

Hi, can someone please post the VFS website link here?

I am new to this, so what does VFS do? Appreciate everyone's help!

vfs website

Hi, can someone please post the VFS website link here?

I am new to this, so what does VFS do? Appreciate everyone's help

Hi Baccarat,

VFS is the Visa Facilitation service for US, Canada and the UK in India. They manage your application process (not processing) acting as an internet courier service. They ensure that your application reaches the designated consulates of US, Canada and the UK.

This service for the US consulate is where you take your appointment for a visa interview online. In turn they act as a courier agent for getting the passport and visa and other documents back to you at the address provided by you.

Regarding visas and other procedures for Canada and the UK browse their respective forums

Their website is www.vfs-usa.co.in

Further questions and concerns, drop a line and browse the various threads in the forum to learn more

Subramanya

Pre-appointment issues for visa revalidation - Mumbai

Me and my wife are planning to go to Mumbai for H1b (Wife-H4) visa revalidation. After browsing this forum and VFS website, I came to know that we have to obtain fee receipt from HDFC, before we can make an appointment.

My questions

Do we need to obtain two fee receipts? (for me and my wife)
In case of two fee receipts, do I need to book seperate appointments for me and my wife?

Though it is on the website, I would request forum members to let me know about the fee charges for me and my wife.

First H1 stamp: expired in May'05
Second Approval:Valid upto Apr'09 (I captured one more year as I came to US 11 months after my first approval date)

Thanks

sanam9696 said:
Me and my wife are planning to go to Mumbai for H1b (Wife-H4) visa revalidation. After browsing this forum and VFS website, I came to know that we have to obtain fee receipt from HDFC, before we can make an appointment.

My questions

Do we need to obtain two fee receipts? (for me and my wife)
In case of two fee receipts, do I need to book seperate appointments for me and my wife?

Though it is on the website, I would request forum members to let me know about the fee charges for me and my wife.

First H1 stamp: expired in May'05
Second Approval:Valid upto Apr'09 (I captured one more year as I came to US 11 months after my first approval date)

Thanks

Yes you need 2 different receipts and get 2 different bar code numbers. You need to fill seperate forms for each of you but you can go in as a family with just one appointment. As you get the number and try to take appointment you will come to know the process.

Hope this helps.

vfsmonitor said:
Anyone on here looking for an appointment at the Mumbai consulate in August or September? Please let me know...

I am looking for an appointment in 2nd week of August.

Visa interview dates in mumbai - very imp

Hi

I wanted to go for my visa renewal in mumbai counsulate and I m seeing that dates are available as of January 2007... is this true... can somebody confirm... Is there like a 4/5 mth wait period . This is for H1B visa renewal... Please help

Visa Stamping

I wanted to go for my visa renewal in mumbai counsulate and I m seeing that dates are available as of January 2007... is this true... can somebody confirm... Is there like a 4/5 mth wait period . This is for H1B visa renewal...

Hi,

Yes, it is unfortunate the wait period is more than that. However, if you keep checking day and night you can get an earlier date.

Another possibility is log on vfs-monitor.com and you will be alerted of dates as soon as someone cancels an appointment

Keep your forms filled in ready along with the HDFC receipt number and the moment the time slot opens up try and seek your appointment.

It is unfortunate the way the system works. At present alternatives are few to none

Since this is a H1 visa renewal you can seek an emergency appointment (currently the dates for emergency and regular appointments are almost the same)

We presume you'll have more questions than you can find answers. Visit the forum and browse thru the forum for more information and experiences

Subramanya