H1 Visa Revalidation Experiences - Mumbai Consulate

Mehul_Sangani said:
I looked up on Visa-Services website, and I-129 is not listed as requirement for H-1B ... I guess its needed only for L1 visa.

'iminus' can you confirm?

The website does say that. But the lady did ask for I-129. Mine is H1B. Just as a safety I was carrying I129 along and submitted the same.

iminus,

Thanks for your info about I-129. Yes, you are right. I contacted Consulate thru email and they said that it is required and it should be original one! How can it be original, when original is already sent to the Immigration Department by my lawyer ? :mad:

I may probably sound stupid but isn't I-129 & I-797 the same paper.

I'm looking at my approval notice and it has I-129 written on the top with "PETITION FOR A NON IMMIGRANT WORKER" and little down it says "Form I797A"

Mehul_Sangani said:
I may probably sound stupid but isn't I-129 & I-797 the same paper.

I'm looking at my approval notice and it has I-129 written on the top with "PETITION FOR A NON IMMIGRANT WORKER" and little down it says "Form I797A"

Check this link out.........

https://visa-services.com/interview-working-online.html

H1B / L1 Applicants
1. Form I-797 (Notice of Action) in original. For L1 visa, if the I-797 is a blanket permit, then photocopy of I-797 and form I-129.
2. Letters verifying your employment history and specific work skills.
3. Original Bachelors degree along with mark sheets.
4. A fully completed Questionnaire form. Each applicant should fill the form in advance and carry it to "The American Consulate " at the time of Interview.
Click here to download the form.
5. Relevant diplomas or certificates, e.g. computer certification.

However take your complete H-1 application. Not just the I-797 page. It has all the information submitted to get your visa.

Mumbai consulate closure flash info.

If someone has been to the consulate in Mumbai after 23rd of Nov please post there experience. I would really appreciate it if someone could let me know when it opens again.

Hello,

Any recent cases of 221(g) from Mumbai? I have an appointment in Dec, would really help if I know how to handle this situation in advance.

Please let me know of any personal experiances if your visa was refused under 221(g) and if & how you managed to clear?

Thanks

H1B Visa Stamped

One of our consultants had been to US Consulate Mumbai after the November 23rd closing. He had an appointment on November 24th 2004 at 10:30 pm. He was at the consulate office at 10:15 pm. All the November 23rd 2004 applicants showed up on November 24th 2004. So, there was a big rush for getting inside the building. He was allowed in the building at 12:00 pm.

As ours is a new company, we had mailed him all possible documents the consulate can ask for including office photos, financial statement, LCA, I-129 etc... Our major + was we had a direct contract with a big client and we had submitted those contract documents too. But to our surprise and our consultants surprise the officer did not ask for a single document. It might be due to the INS had issued us a big RFE asking all sorts of documents. INS had also informed us to send the RFE response in duplicate so they could notify the appropriate consulate. So, may be the consulate already had all the information.

As per our consultant the interview went smooth without any major issues -
1. He had a questionnaire to fill out about his technical skills. The officer asked him some questions about his skills and how he plans to use it in the new job.
2. Officer asked him about our company and what do we do. The consultant told them we provide consultants. He asked which client. The consultant told them the name of the client where he is going to work.

Thats all they had. As per the consultant, the officer was not even looking at him or any of the submitted documents. As soon as he came to the counter, the officer had started marking some stuff on the application and had begun stamping the documents. He was least interested in the answers to his questions.

The consultant was out of the consulate by 1:00 pm. He rec. his passport by Blue dart the very next day and he is on his way to US.

Hello, mine's not a revalidation experience, however I didnt know which thread I could ask my question at, so ...
I had booked my tickets to Bombay(travel in Dec) since June/July. Since my H1 expires at the end of December, my company also applied for H1 renewal. So I went online and got my appt dates for first week in Dec. However as the mths passed by, my H1 renewal was nowhere in sight, thus at the last moment, had to do Premium Processing(sucks! $$ ), which worked and I got my renewal. So now, I don't have a date since I heard that they cancel your dates if they dont get any docs in advance. I am going to be in Bombay for a mth, so, do any of you know, what I can do other than go in person and talk to the Visa Services people and tell them my problem(which may/may not work!), so I can come back on my actual return dates? Any one had a similar situation? Any advice, comments would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you --S :confused:

Hello Snalion,
Please see this link https://visa-services.com/index.html

In the left frame, this is what they have -

The American Consulate in Mumbai has set aside a small number of appointment slots for emergency applications involving humanitarian or medical emergencies and certain unforeseen business-related emergencies. We regret we cannot make emergency appointments for weddings or graduations, to begin temporary employment in the United States, or for other foreseeable events.

See if you fit in any category or if this helps you!

Good luck,
warko01

Visa Stamping at Mumbai

Hi,
I'm on 7th year H1 extension right now and am visiting India from 1st Jan to 24th Jan 2005. My wife and daughter will come back on 12th Feb. My current H1 is valid upto 4th Apr 2005. I've got an appointment at US embassy in Mumbai for visa stamping (it's already expired) on 12th Jan 2005.
Do you guys see any problem(s) for me getting the visa stamping considering only 3 months will be remaining on my visa. Or getting an I-94 at airport when my family comes back in mid Feb (only 1 and half months will be remaining on visa). I'm planning to apply for the 8th year extension after my family comes back to US in mid Feb.
Please let me know if you guys forsee any problem in my visitng to India.
Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
spInUS

Thanks warko01 for your reply. Sorry it took me so long to reply to this thread. I reached Bombay and went to the Visa Services the next day and luckily they had dates from 16th-28th Dec, thus I got the 16th one. Whew!! So ofcourse I went for my interview, and everything went well, and I even received my passport today with the H1B stamp. Thanks again!!

NANC said:
hi all friends,
i am planning to go for visa stamping at mumbai in feb, 20005

clicking on followig link, dont give me available dates.
For Appointments:
http://mumbai.usconsulate.gov/wwwhwaittime.html

can you pls tell me where i am doing wrong

thank you,

-nanc

Nanc,
I am not sure who gave you that link. For all the VISA services in Mumbai here is the link https://visa-services.com/index.html

Please hurry up and get the dates .....as I see ..you could run out of options for February soon.

-warko01

snalion said:
Thanks warko01 for your reply. Sorry it took me so long to reply to this thread. I reached Bombay and went to the Visa Services the next day and luckily they had dates from 16th-28th Dec, thus I got the 16th one. Whew!! So ofcourse I went for my interview, and everything went well, and I even received my passport today with the H1B stamp. Thanks again!!

Hello Snalion,
You are welcome. Actually I have my appointment at the consulate on the 26 of this month. Hopefully all goes well :)

- warko01

snalion said:

Snalion,

What a coincidence! I am in the same situation as you are. I have applied for H1b extension through premium processing on Dec. 13. Considering 15 days processing time, I should get the approval notice by Jan 5. So, the question is if I go to the VFS center in Mumbai in person on Jan 5 and submit application for an appointment, when do you think I will get my interview date? Your date was Dec.16 but when did you go in person to the center? I have to be back in the US by Jan 17. Do you think it can be risky in terms of getting an appointment before Jan 17?
Thanks, Explorer.

Need H1 be revalidation information

Hi All,

I am planning to go to Mumbai in March 2005 for visa revalidation. Can some one please tell me what all the documents I need to send them before appointment date and what all the document I need to take with me for interview? Any help would be great for me.

Thanks lot.

Raj