H1 visa extension

inam08

Hi,
I am on H1B with company A, in july 2008 i have applied for H1B transfer with Company B.
but my petition is still pending with USCIS. While my H1B transfer is still in pending, can i go ahead and apply for H1b extension with my Old company i.e Company A.
Kinldy suggest me as my visa with Company A is about to expire and i've decided not to go with new company, B.
Your comments are really valuable at this time and i really appreciate it

-inam08

Hi,
I am on H1B with company A, in july 2008 i have applied for H1B transfer with Company B.
but my petition is still pending with USCIS.

While my H1B transfer is still in pending, can i go ahead and apply for H1b extension with my Old company i.e Company A.
------------------Yes, petition must reach USCIS before your I-94 gets expired.
Kinldy suggest me as my visa with Company A is about to expire and i've decided not to go with new company, B.
----------------ask employer A to file H1 extension.

-inam08

----------

I Have H1 valid till april 2009..I did not land in US till now...can i land tHere n stay for 2 weeks ,xfer n tHen come back to Ind. or can i apply for extension wHen am in ind only.My team Here says i cannot.Pls suggest...THx ..

I Have H1 valid till april 2009..I did not land in US till now...can i land tHere n stay for 2 weeks ,xfer n tHen come back to Ind. or can i apply for extension wHen am in ind only.My team Here says i cannot.Pls suggest...THx ..
you should have posted as new post.
your H1 was filed by US employer and once it was approved US employer sent you H1 approval notice and you got H1 visa stamp from US consulate in India. You did not come to US. If the US employer does not have job for you then you cant use that Visa stamp to enter US. US employer may have revoked your H1 petition by writing to USCIS. H1 transfer cant be filed from India. if any US employer has job for you then let them file H1 petition for you and once it gets approved then post.

Hi,
but my petition is still pending with USCIS. While my H1B transfer is still in pending, can i go ahead and apply for H1b extension with my Old company i.e Company A.

-inam08

I am totally agree with Mr.Ginnu .
i think he provided us some useful information here.
So,
Follow according to him.

You also take help from me through My website. You also can asked questions frequently.
Thanks

----------
Thank you very much Ginnu, I appreciate your prompt response and help, i have one more question, kindly bear with me. My wife went to india and she has valid H4 VISA from company A. She can come back to US without any issues at port of entry, right? Do you think there would be any issues at port of entry because my H1 transfer is in pending? I understand one shouldn't do international traveling while H1 transfer is pending, but she had to. Kindly give your suggestion as she is planning to come back soon.
-inam08

Thank you very much Ginnu, I appreciate your prompt response and help, i have one more question, kindly bear with me.

My wife went to india and she has valid H4 VISA from company A. She can come back to US without any issues at port of entry, right?
------------------- If you have H1 status then she CAN enter with valid H4 visa stamp and it does not matter if her H4 visa stamp has US employer A name or B name or C name. H1 is tied to your H1 status and not to employer A ,B ,C
Do you think there would be any issues at port of entry because my H1 transfer is in pending?
---------------I dont see any problem as you have valid H1 of A. She will get her I-94 till her H4 visa stamp validity and dont forget to file her H4 extension before her I-94 gets expired.
I understand one shouldn't do international traveling while H1 transfer is pending, but she had to. Kindly give your suggestion as she is planning to come back soon.
-inam08
----------------