H1 Visa Experience Chennai Consulate

Require clarification..selav or some others...

Hello Freinds,

I don't have one pay stub/W-2 for one month from my previous company as i didn't received it due to change of address from them. I filed for that year with 11 months of pay stubs/ W-2 from my current employer.
So, if i am asked for that one month pay stub/w-2 from that old employer what should i do??. The salary for that month was deposited in the bank and that is the only proof for the pay for that month.
I resigned from old employer on Jan 30th and joined the new company/employer on Feb 5th. There is a gap of 5 days between the employements. Will this also create a problem??
This happened almost 3 years back.

Please throw your advises/opinions.

Thanks and Happy New Year.

Lakesuperior

for me in the current year i dont have two pay stubs, but my year end statement shows that i have received the pament, will there be any problem???

You can reserve for the last date available and then come back later and just do a 'Modify Appointment' when a date you need is available. This way you don't need to enter the information all over again.

Originally posted by boeing777
You can only take appointments 4 weeks in advance. Usually slots are available if you book 2-3 weeks in advance. The way TTS has designed the appointment website, it is impossible to know what dates are available without entering the details. May be you should send a note to TTS in this regard....

I am planning on visiting India in next month (Feb'04). I have applied for my H1 extn and I am assuming it will be approved within next few days.

My previous H1 visa expired on Nov15'03. I assuming I can go for the drop box as I meet all the criteria listed for dropbox eligibility.

I want to know is if I need to take an appointment for dropbox also?

All this while I am assuming appointment is only for personal interviews. I come under the Chennai consulate.

Please clarify.

Can some one comment on applying for Visa in Chennai

I am applying for 8th year extension, expedited processing. Planning to visit India in a month. Is it ok to apply for Visa revalidation in Chennai.

Did anyone tried this before?

New H-1B - Tech Interview

Hello,

One of my friend went for a H-1B interview (new, never entered US before) at the Chennai Consulate and the consulate officer asked him many technical questions in C++, OOPS and Database design. I wonder how they ask these type of questions when the accompanying letter is for a Programmer/Analyst in ASP and VB. Just curious if anyone had this experience.

Thanks

Employer letter for H1 stamping

Hi,

I am planning to go to Delhi next month for my first time H-1 stamping. I have been on H-4 and F-1 previously.

1) I do not have the I129 (not sure what that is?) How can I get it ?

2) Can anyone forward me a draft/format of letter that I need to get signed from my employer? I am not going thru my lawyer and preparing all the papers myself. This will be very much helpful.

3) I am taking just 2 weeks of vacation from work - can anyone give me an idea if that is enough or should I extend it.

Thanks in advance for all your help.

Jyo

jyo22,
I129 is the h1 petition sent by ur lawyer/company to the INS. ie ur application for h1 in general terms. you should be able to get this from ur lawyer.
-labordude

jyo22,
I found a sample employment letter please make changes accordingly.
----------------
U.S Counselor/Embassy – Toronto, Canada

Ref : Identification of <Your Name> as an employee of <Employer Name>. and request to re-validate his "H1-B VISA"

Dear Sir/Madam:
In support of our letter to classify the above referenced alien as a temporary worker in a specialty occupation, this will confirm that <Your Name>is employed full-time as Programmer Analyst since February 19, 2002. <Your Name>employment with the company is permanent.
<Employer Name> is engaged in providing Information systems services Analysis and design, Software development, User Training and technical Consulting in the area of Programming, testing and implementation, data base and system Administration. We distinguish ourselves by our high technical skills, Long term commitment to our clients and a sharp focus in the emerging client/ server technology. The end clients for our services are fortune 500 companies like General Electric, Oracle Contracting services, Seagate, LAM Research, R.R. Donnelly, Republic National Bank, Wells Fargo, Gateway 2000, Compaq and so on. Established in 1993, we have grown to around 300 Employees Company with $37 million revenue. To meet our expanded needs we need services of a Programmer Analyst whose detailed duties are defined as follows:
1) Analysis, design, development, testing, Documentation, and implementation of client server applications using state of arts tools like Discoverer, visual basic, Oracle, C/C++ Etc on Unix based platform and windows.
2) Oracle Order Management Functional, SQL, PL/SQL, Oracle Shipping setups.
3) Design and development software products targeted towards financial institutions using Oracle financial/Receivables.
4) Prepare detailed documentation for system setups/development & liaison with the user staff reviews requirement and train users in implementation of information system.
<Your Name>obtained his Masters degree in engineering from University of North London, UK with extensive computer course work. He has more then 5 years of experience including 2 & 1/2 year's of experience in USA in the fields of design, development, analysis, coding, documentation, financial and manufacturing related Oracle applications as System analyst. His services are required to complete an existing & on-going project. His current salary is $55,000 per annum.
Your favorable cooperation of our letter will be greatly appreciated. We request to re-validate <Your Name>H1-B VISA at your earliest convenience. Please do not hesitate to contact our office if you need any more information for clarification.
Sincerely,

<Name>
Manager

-----------------------------
-labordude

Thanks

Thanks a lot!
Do you know if this letters needs to be signed by someone in HR or it could be your immediate manager?

Any other letter from employer ?

subash1977
the letter is just a format you have to change it according to ur skills. I thought people using this forum are smart enough to know that.

experience letters

Hi,
The list of document for visa includes "experience letters from your previous employers". I had part time (20hrs) job during my masters and this is the first full time job I have - should I get experiece letters from my part time employers too?

Thanks,
JK

Yes

Yes I worked in school 20hrs a week as a Research Assistant (not related to my present job and H-1)

jyo22,
I dont think its necessary but if its easy to get one then there is no harm in having the experience letter. Usually the previous experience letters apply to the full time jobs you did.

Feb slots are open

February slots are open.

any way, under "Petition Information", there is a field "Max No of Applicants", can any one tell whats that field, and what should we enter under that field?

Thanks