H1 Visa Experience Chennai Consulate

Originally posted by inUSA2000
Hey Guys,
I have a appointment for my H1 revalidation visa stamping at Chennai on Jan 6th. If anybody have gone for similar one plz post ur experiences. I was told that they need pictures of the current company we are working in . Like the inside and outside pictures of the building etc. Is it true??

Thanks
inUSA2000

Yes, it is true. However, please note that they may or maynot look at these pictures during your visa interview. Good luck!

w 2 while student

hi,
i came to usa in 99 fall and i dont have w2 for 99 and 2000, though i filed tax returns, is there any way, i can get those w 2s re issued. whom shud i contact, please reply

Attorney Certified Copies

what is Attorney Certified Copies??? is that the LCA file we are given by the lawyer who applied for our H1???

Re: w 2 while student

Originally posted by vshaal
hi,
i came to usa in 99 fall and i dont have w2 for 99 and 2000, though i filed tax returns, is there any way, i can get those w 2s re issued. whom shud i contact, please reply

You need to contact your employer's payroll department for 99 and 2000. Your employer must be able to re-issue another W-2 for 99 and 2000. The employer should have your W-2 in their records. Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Tax Return Transcripts

Originally posted by vshaal
how to contact the IRS for Tax Return Transcripts, thank you

You need to go to www.irs.gov and run a search for "Request for Tax Transcripts". There is a 1-800 number which you can call to contact IRS to send you tax transcripts for the previous years you filed your tax returns.

Alternatively, IRS has a form (PDF format) that you can download, print and fill manually... and then mail it to them. Once they receive your signed request form, they will mail you the tax transcripts by mail within two weeks. Also, do not be surprised if the tax transcripts look like a simple computer printout. It is normal.

Good luck!

Hi Koti,

Here are my answers:
1. You need the original I-797 means.... "you need the small original I-797 slip on the left lower left hand corner of the original H-1B approval notice." The original lower right slip (I-94) will be taken by the airline carrier when you check in your baggage during your departure from the US. The upper portion of the original approval notice must be retained by the employer and only a photocopy of the same needs to be given by the employer to you.

(However, IF your employer gives you the original upper portion of the notice, just keep it with you safely and DO NOT present it to the visa officer unless the officer specifically asks for it. Also, make sure you return the upper portion of the I-797 H-1B approval notice to your employer after you return to the US).

2. A photocopy of the complete LCA must be sufficient. Also, a photocopy of the complete I-129 petition must be sufficient.

Good luck!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Vinay,

I have two more questions.

1. Do i need original I-797? Or, would a xerox copy be sufficient?
2. What about LCA? Should it be original or a xerox would be sufficient?

My employer has sent me xerox copies of the above, when i asked for original ones.

Thanks
Koti

Last edited by a moderator:
LCA photocopies

hi,
what does it mean by attorney certified copies of the LCA and form 129
i dint get it. when i asked my attroney he issued me a photocopy of the whole petition is that enuf or i need to certify that with somebody else
thanx

Attornery Certfied just means that the Photo Copy he gave istrue and accurate. All he will do is sign the phot copies of your papers as true and accurate and give his License Number, if he goofs up i think his license will be suspended and again this is my understanding and i might be wrong
Thanks

Visa Extension Stamping - Need Info

Guys,

I am planning a trip to India in the first week of March 04 to attend my BIL wedding. I need to get my visa extension stamped (in Chennai Consulate) before entering into US. I know lot of things changed recently and getting visa stamped is not as smooth as it supposed to be. I heard ppl saying they need lot of documents and photos, experience letters etc etc., But I am not sure what they need excatly. Can any one tell how much advance I should take the appointment ? Is it better drop box or Interview? ( i am going on 3 weeks vacation), any other useful info/tips to expedite the process.

Thanks in advance for all your help

as of how i see it, i am going to india on jan 19th and i took an appointment for 23rd of jan in november second week. i donnno and i may be wrong about feb march and april 2004 but looks like they havent yet opened the slots. i am gettin married on the 29th of jan and i wanna get an apoointment for my fiance in feb 1st week. if u r going in march 1st week. keep checking www.ttsvisas.com regularly and book a convenient slot soon
good luck

DS-156

hey guys,

i would like to know from the guys who have gone for visa revalidation in chennai india, about the form ds-156,
1. what home address do we need to write . Is it the current US address ?? or the address in india

2. for the question how long do u intend to stay in US ?? should i write until the validity of my h1-b visa ??

Thanks in advance.
inUSA2000

I entered all the details like H1 Petition and Passport details of myself and mywife and finally find out that they don't have any slots in March (or not yet opened). So do I need to check the slots every week? Do I need to enter all the details everytime? Is there any way to findout what dates available without entering all the details.

Thanks

You can only take appointments 4 weeks in advance. Usually slots are available if you book 2-3 weeks in advance. The way TTS has designed the appointment website, it is impossible to know what dates are available without entering the details. May be you should send a note to TTS in this regard....

Originally posted by boeing777
You can only take appointments 4 weeks in advance. Usually slots are available if you book 2-3 weeks in advance. The way TTS has designed the appointment website, it is impossible to know what dates are available without entering the details. May be you should send a note to TTS in this regard....

I already sent a note to TTS complaining about this problem. TTS replied back to my e-mail saying that it has been set up that way because of security reasons and it cannot be changed. Bad luck guys!!!

H1B Stampint at Chennai

Hello All,

I want to go to india for some reasons immediatly in another 20 days. But I have not got H1 stamped in my passport.
I came to usa on L1 intra company transfer visa and changed to another company on H1B visa and also got H1 visa extended recently.
But I have only L1 visa stamped in my passport (No H1 stamped) and now if i want to enter USA again, I have to get my H1 visa stamped. (Extended H1 visa)
If I take appointment with Chennai USA consultate for visa stamping, will I face any problems?? I have pay stubs for all the months i was in usa and was never out of job at any point of time.
I have all the W-2's forms and all IRS 1040 forms for taxes paid to IRS.
Please advise me whether will there be any problem as I have to come back immediatly with in 2 weeks due to project implementation constraints.

Thanks in advance for your advises/responses.

Lakesuperior-madison

Lakesuperior

Since you never had a H1 Visa stamp from Home country, you may have to apply in person at Chennai Consulate. Please take ALL ALL ALL documents listed in Consulate web site when going for the interview.

You may have to get an appoitment through TT Services, Chennai. Check for the earliest available date and then plan your visit.

There have been lots of posting regarding H1 Stampings from Chennai in this forum. Some of them for sucessful stamping and others deniel too.

Good Luck.

Lakesuperior

Since you never had a H1 Visa stamp from Home country, you may have to apply in person at Chennai Consulate. Please take ALL ALL ALL documents listed in Consulate web site when going for the interview.

You may have to get an appoitment through TT Services, Chennai. Check for the earliest available date and then plan your visit.

There have been lots of posting regarding H1 Stampings from Chennai in this forum. Some of them for sucessful stamping and others deniel too.

Good Luck.

Thanks..

Thank yopu very much selva for your guidance and help.

Yeah, I am collecting all the documents required by the consulate and also other documents that have been told i this forum.

Also in 1997 I got one H1 stamped already in my passport at Chennai where in person I attended the stamping process. But I didn't use this first H1 stamped and was marked as cancelled on my passport by my indian company who processed my L1.

Any how i once again thank you and I will be posting any exp from my collegues who visits india and who got stamped at the 4 consulates and also mine once i get it done.

Lakesuperior