H1 Transfer

Sri0678

Registered Users (C)
I am on H1 with my present company XXX

My current H1 with XXX is expiring on March 30th. If company YYY files for my H1 transfer on 25th March, will I be able to work for XXX until April 30th ?

If my petition for H1 transfer gets approved on 15th April, do I need to start working for YYY right on my "transfer approval" date or will I have some grace period?

Can anyone help me with this information?

Thanks.

After March 30, 2007 you are out of status.

To work with XXX, you must renew your H1 with xxx today and the same time you can start processing your H1 transfer to yyy.

If YYY transfer got denied, still you will be in status with xxx if renewed.
If you do not renew your H1 with xxx, then you will be out of status upon yyy rejection.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am on H1 with my present company XXX

My current H1 with XXX is expiring on March 30th. If company YYY files for my H1 transfer on 25th March, will I be able to work for XXX until April 30th ?

If my petition for H1 transfer gets approved on 15th April, do I need to start working for YYY right on my "transfer approval" date or will I have some grace period?

Can anyone help me with this information?

Thanks.

Thank you Guru.

Can I do both H1 renewal and H1 transfer at the same time? If that is the case, when should I join YYY?

If my transfer gets approved first before renewal, how long can I work for XXX?

x
Thank you Guru.

Can I do both H1 renewal and H1 transfer at the same time? YES

If that is the case, when should I join YYY? Any time After approval is safe
If my transfer gets approved first before renewal, how long can I work for XXX? until expiry of xxx H1

H1 Transfer- Do I need to wait for approval?

Hi,

My H1 transfer (Co A to Co B)application was sent today to immigration(CSC) and the processing is premium.

1. When can I expect to get the receipt and the approval papers?

2. What does it mean by receipt? Is it a Fed Ex confirmation or USCIS will send me or my attorney an official receipt with a number on it?

3. I understand that I can start working for Company B once I get the receipt.
However, I am not quite sure if I need to wait for approval. What are the chances of H1 transfer getting rejected? Once I give notice to Company A and start working for Company B, it is not possible for me to go back to Company A if the transfer gets rejected.
Please advice.

Thanks,
Shenoma

z
Hi,

My H1 transfer (Co A to Co B)application was sent today to immigration(CSC) and the processing is premium.

1. When can I expect to get the receipt and the approval papers? with in two/three days after realization of required fees through e-mail
2. What does it mean by receipt? Is it a Fed Ex confirmation or USCIS will send me or my attorney an official receipt with a number on it? E-mail reciept with WAC or LIN number sent to your attorney.
3. I understand that I can start working for Company B once I get the receipt. YES. If your H1 is not approved , working for comp B is not legalHowever, I am not quite sure if I need to wait for approval. What are the chances of H1 transfer getting rejected? If your sponser credentials are not good, it will be rejected.

Once I give notice to Company A and start working for Company B, it is not possible for me to go back to Company A if the transfer gets rejected. If comp A do not cancell your H1 then you can go backPlease advice.

Thanks,
Shenoma

H1 Transfer- Do I need to wait for approval?

How long does it take to get approval for H1 transfer premium processing? so, it would be better for me to wait till I get the transfer approval before starting with Company B rt? I have my bachelors in EEE engineering. Is that a problem?..it never created a problem for my H1 original application after which I have been working for around 2 years.

Can you explain a bit more on company credentials? Mine is not a consulting company..but an American company which has good revenue...

Last edited by a moderator:
How long does it take to get approval for H1 transfer premium processing? 2-3 weeks so, it would be better for me to wait till I get the transfer approval before starting with Company B rt? Yes I have my bachelors in EEE engineering. Is that a problem?..it never created a problem for my H1 original application after which I have been working for around 2 years.

Can you explain a bit more on company credentials? Mine is not a consulting company..but an American company which has good revenue...

Company must be genuine, and must have projects contract etc to prove they have suitable jobs for you.

Thanks GreatGuru.

I have decided to wait till I get the transfer approval. My attorney got the email receipt today.

Filed: Mar 14, 2007
Center: CSC
Processing : Premium
Received Email Receipt: Mar 16,2007
Approval: Waiting

To GreatGuru

Never expected to get approval so soon. :D
It took only 4 working days..

H1 Transfer + Extension
Approval email from CSC: Mar 20,2007

GreatGuru,

I can join safely after getting the approval email with the start and expiry dates of the approved H1 right? I-94 in the email has the same number as that of original application. Any issues in this?

Thanks,
Shenoma

You are good to join with your new sponser. Good Luck.

Never expected to get approval so soon. :D
It took only 4 working days..

H1 Transfer + Extension
Approval email from CSC: Mar 20,2007

GreatGuru,

I can join safely after getting the approval email with the start and expiry dates of the approved H1 right? I-94 in the email has the same number as that of original application. Any issues in this?

Thanks,
Shenoma